Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Halo lights?

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    didnt we all look for that orange car, but when we found it there was somthing wrong with it. i know what your talking about.LOL
    I found 1, a SS car, low milage, but it was an automatic car and no t-tops (2 things I did not like), and It was at a dealer and they would not back down on the price at all.
    O well I'm glad I got the one I did, It was a 1 owner car with only 35,000 miles on it, and well taken care of by a guy that was in his late 40's.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

yeah, they are brighter imho, i have the same setup above on my NBM car and on our SOM its still stock but the halos are brighter
    2002 Z28 M6, Suncoast Creations ram air, port/polish TB w/ bypass and bumpstop, heater hose mod, stainless steel long tubes, ORY w/ dual cutouts, Magnaflow, BMR SFC, UMI Torque Arm, LS7 clutch w/ drill mod, Pro 5.0 w/ Lous short stick, MSD wires, 4.10s, good maintenancehttp://www.fquick.com/blue02z

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Yeah, my halos were a little brighter than stock. But when I went with HIDs, WOW! What a difference!! I did have to angle them down a bit to keep from blinding drivers in front. Lost about a foot or so of beam, but I really couldn't tell, and it's not as annoying to others drivers. Let me just say that I've had them on for about a year now, and I've never been stopped by cops because of them.

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

Does this kit come with bulbs? What needs to be done to get HID? Is it just different bulbs with the same kit?

white
    2002 z28

also to add if i buy a HID kit can i transer it to another car???????????

white
    2002 z28

while were on this topic sorry to hijack a lil but were now on HIDs

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

anyone have any pics of a red camaro with the halos? I dunno if they would look right. they look great on black, blue, white and silver cars..... but I dunno about red.

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

Does this kit come with bulbs? What needs to be done to get HID? Is it just different bulbs with the same kit?
    The lights do come with bulbs. They are not the same size as the stock headlight bulbs. The projectors use H3 bulbs. So you will need an H3 HID kit. If you already have an HID kit you can just get the bulb.

also to add if i buy a HID kit can i transer it to another car???????????
    As stated the projectors use an H3 bulb so you can only transfer the kit if to another housing that is using an H3 bulb, like an aftermarket fog light.

Couple more pics on my white SS with 4300K HID kit.

2002 Artic White SS 35th Wheels|Full Hotchkis Suspension|Koni SA|Magnaflow CME|SLP lid|www.fquick.com/The_Guz

Your Halo kits look great! I have a question about the bulbs that come with the kits.

Do these kits have the standard 9006 and 9005 bulbs and what about the center light, what is it? Thanks.

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 01Z28M6 View Post
    Your Halo kits look great! I have a question about the bulbs that come with the kits.

Do these kits have the standard 9006 and 9005 bulbs and what about the center light, what is it? Thanks.
    The high beam is still the same 9005 bulb. The low beam now uses an H3 bulb instead of the 9006 bulb in the stock lights. There is a connector included which allows for plug and play use. The center light around the lights is a halo light. They light up just like the original halos.

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    Click for full size
    Thanks for starting this thread; lights and car are beautiful. I'm wondering what you thought about the chrome or gray instead of black. I have a NBM as well and I'm trying to decide. I wonder if the chrome would be too much bling. Did you buy the CCFL and will your kit accept the HID if you want to add? I will go back through your post in case you provided a link to where you bought.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    The high beam is still the same 9005 bulb. The low beam now uses an H3 bulb instead of the 9006 bulb in the stock lights. There is a connector included which allows for plug and play use. The center light around the lights is a halo light. They light up just like the original halos.
    Thanks for answering. I'm thinking I just want the one halo in the center but thought I saw one kit with a light in the center giving the housing 3 bulbs with the halos? I guess this isn't really possible using the existing wiring harness.

This looks bad with 3 posts in a row - sorry to Jays00ss for hovering...

Is it possible that the cheaper kits just use 9006 and 9005 bulbs. What I see from the more expensive kits is the word "projector" in the description and that's where the H3 bulbs seem to be touted. Is it possible some cheaper halo kits just use the standard bulbs with no H3?

Also, I see one kit definitely has a center bulb like I see in cobrahunters 98. I sent you a PM on what / where and how much - thinking you have what I'm looking for.

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Thanks for starting this thread; lights and car are beautiful. I'm wondering what you thought about the chrome or gray instead of black. I have a NBM as well and I'm trying to decide. I wonder if the chrome would be too much bling. Did you buy the CCFL and will your kit accept the HID if you want to add? I will go back through your post in case you provided a link to where you bought.
    I would go with the black ones. The chrome are a little to bling for me. I guess to each his own. I also have the matching black aztecca rear lights as well. alot of people on here (Ls1) don't like them however they look great on my car and compliment the head lights and bumber lenses nicely. I really hate the stock tail lights anyway. I get a lot of compliments on both my head and taillights all the time.

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

This looks bad with 3 posts in a row - sorry to Jays00ss for hovering...

Is it possible that the cheaper kits just use 9006 and 9005 bulbs. What I see from the more expensive kits is the word "projector" in the description and that's where the H3 bulbs seem to be touted. Is it possible some cheaper halo kits just use the standard bulbs with no H3?

Also, I see one kit definitely has a center bulb like I see in cobrahunters 98. I sent you a PM on what / where and how much - thinking you have what I'm looking for.

There are three types of halo type lights:
    1. Original halo's that use the 9005/9006 bulbs like stock.
    2. The two light projector (pictured in this thread) which uses an H3 and a 9005 bulb.
    3. The three light projectors with a light in the middle. Not sure what type of bulbs it uses.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I was considering the halos because of the price of oem but I found some Oem"style" headlights on ebay for $200.00 and went with them. Doesnt it make a Camaro look terrible when the headlights are all fogged? I figure I will take my stock fogged ones off and redo them with 4 different grits of wet sand paper then plastx and sell them for $100 bucks obo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    There are three types of halo type lights:
    1. Original halo's that use the 9005/9006 bulbs like stock.
    2. The two light projector (pictured in this thread) which uses an H3 and a 9005 bulb.
    3. The three light projectors with a light in the middle. Not sure what type of bulbs it uses.
    Thanks.

I did find a single (original) halo kit that includes a 8000k HID kit for $250 shipped but the only similar ebay feedback that had the HID kit included was a BIG negative with a claim filed on the seller so I decided on the plain single LED halo for $140; No additional LEDs, no H3 projector socket and no CCFL. I hope the thread is still active a week from now and that I'll have something to contribute.

cobrahunter - I think I understand how your picture seems to show a third center light. From looking at pictures of the back of the housing, the larger low beam reflector cavity incorporates that smaller center section. It looks like the low beam bulb light refraction fills that center section and makes it look like another bulb. Does that sound right?

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

So, can someone go into a little bit more detail about how to wire the center ring shaped light into the parking lights or low beam circuit?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information