Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

The old, "I can throw a sc on my lsx and blow away a cobra." Really man, wake up. Sure and lsx will outrun a cobra with less hp, but once you crank up the power to compete, you're on borrowed time.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

OP, just drive what you want to drive. These guys make good points but we aren't driving your car! You can make just about any car run 11's, it just takes $$$. I like the interriors of the Mustangs better personally but I like the lines and torque of an F-body so much more so that's what I bought after shopping both. I've seen guys go from a Mustang to a F-body and vice-versa, it's cool. As long as you drive American muscle it's all good. Post this same thread over on mustangforum and your feedback will be different, we are biased!

Good luck

Black
    99 Z-28

Still two

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    really? one mod? i didnt know the injectors and fuel pump were capable on a stock LS1, let alone the tune. or the fuel rails. or the cooling system. guess that's a pretty stout stock clutch and rear end to boot! LS1's have quite a bit of overengineering apparently!
    STILL NEEDS THE TUNE!
    You dont need injectors or a fuel pump,fuel rails, cooling system just reset temp when they come on.
    But it needs the tune, you are wright some what. My shop has told me that if i do up the pump & injectors it may up it 5-20 more hp.
    But wright now im still working with my shop to find out how much more i can get out b-4 i do that. wright now it at (451 rwhp) not fine tuned yet. I have a Z06 in the camaro in the pic, that is put out an ungod of (596rwhp) but after a trany/rear end went to hell still working on finding parts.
    Last edited by Tracker9118; 01-29-2008 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Up date

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by LS2 KLR View Post
    The old, "I can throw a sc on my lsx and blow away a cobra." Really man, wake up. Sure and lsx will outrun a cobra with less hp, but once you crank up the power to compete, you're on borrowed time.
    Yeah well Trollio, we have a factory blown LSX now in the new Blue Devil, lets see how the Ford gang handles that once they start "throwing pulleys" and "porting" superchargers.

620 HP stock ring a bell? Forged components, hmmmm....

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Why even give the Mudstains our time of day? Who cares if they are "faster"... They have been beaten down by the LS1 for year, and needed to redeem themselves. We still have raw engine, we still have bigger blocks (balls), and we still see more women driving Mustangs than men...

So lets not worry about the details, get back to this guys thread, and remember that LS1 is the best out there...

Cheers...
    -Nick
    '01 Camaro SS M6 "The Beast"

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by BlankinSShip View Post
    Why even give the Mudstains our time of day? Who cares if they are "faster"... They have been beaten down by the LS1 for year, and needed to redeem themselves. We still have raw engine, we still have bigger blocks (balls), and we still see more women driving Mustangs than men...

So lets not worry about the details, get back to this guys thread, and remember that LS1 is the best out there...

Cheers...
    you can keep all the men and their balls if you want them that bad, I'll take the women and the win.

all that aside, you cant go wrong whichever you decide. If i didnt buy the cobra, i would have went LS1. but i cant see the stock fuel system holding up
    on the fbody's. maybe they do, I dont know. i know even at my power level my fuel pump is at max duty cycle and the stock injectors are going to be done once im over 500rwhp.

12.718 @ 117.47

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Yeah well Trollio, we have a factory blown LSX now in the new Blue Devil, lets see how the Ford gang handles that once they start "throwing pulleys" and "porting" superchargers.

620 HP stock ring a bell? Forged components, hmmmm....

Be sure to reread my post and then yours. Then hopefully you will realize what a moron you are. Chevy didn't just throw a sc on that engine, it was built for it just as the cobra motor. And yes it will be sick though I doubt I'll ever see one on the road.

And troll, can't say I've ever been accused of that. I was a member back in the day long before you (joe347r6). Ironically, I also own an ls2 vehicle but thanks.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Mustang guys who start talking trash here are generally trolls. Seeing as how I don't go to Mustang websites and start talking crap, I can't sympathize with you.

Lets get back on topic shall we Trollio el Morono?
    Last edited by Roastem; 01-29-2008 at 10:20 AM.

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, but there's always something faster out there... Most people who have Termy's get tired of the S/C and swap em out for a turbo setup. Either way it's still money. You want something faster than an LS1, but what you don't understand is it's all about the preference of the actual car (looks etc.) you're driving man. Good luck tho!
    Who the hell told you that "most" of us swap the blower for a turbo? Hardly any of us do that!
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    heads and cam in LS1 can make over 400 to the ground
    My '04 Cobra did 428 rwhp on a Dyno Jet with only a FIPK and JBA mufflers.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Mustang guys who start talking trash here are generally trolls. Seeing as how I don't go to Mustang websites and start talking crap, I can't sympathize with you.

Yeah I'm a little perplexed as to why people who don't even own or plan to own LS1's come in here. I used to own a 2001 GT w/ pretty much everything you could possibly do to it. Never once did I think, hey let me go onto another car forum and talk about how my car is superior.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    Who the hell told you that "most" of us swap the blower for a turbo? Hardly any of us do that!
    There is ALOT of guys actually doing it. Here are just a few I quick could think of off the top of my head, http://1320video.com/ryanfeatured.php, also http://dynosport.com/ scroll to the cobra section and theres 6 or 7 in the top ten alone that are turboed. Visit a few mustang forums and you'll see more turboed than blown cobra's.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    My '04 Cobra did 428 rwhp on a Dyno Jet with only a FIPK and JBA mufflers.
    Big difference there too, N/A vs power adder, and lets compare power bands. I can guarantee the N/A is going to be a lot better than the boosted cobra. I will say some cobras do have a nasty power band but not all.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    There is ALOT of guys actually doing it. Here are just a few I quick could think of off the top of my head, http://1320video.com/ryanfeatured.php, also http://dynosport.com/ scroll to the cobra section and theres 6 or 7 in the top ten alone that are turboed. Visit a few mustang forums and you'll see more turboed than blown cobra's.
    Well I've been outta the mustang loop for the past year but from my experience I'd have to say that cobra owners generally swap blowers, like the Kenne Bell or Whipple for the stock eaton blower. I know some guys do put turbos on but I'd say that it's not a large percentage.

Red
    2002 Transam WS6

The poor guy just needs to go get an 03 Cobra like the one that whipped him. Do a few mods to get it into the 11's like he wants. And then when he gets whipped in that car by a LS1 then he will post the same thing on his mustang forum. Soon after, he will be back in a LS1 so there is not much to argue about.

Black
    99 Z-28

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

You can't deny the crazy potential the cobras have with stock motors. Even so, I'd much rather see it lose to an underdog such as an ls1 or gt. If it were me, I would install a 408 with a healthy cam and a shot of gas. Just as the whine of a kb/whipple cobra sounds sick, so does an na car with a nasty cam.
    99 35th GT: 5.0 stroker, twin 60 turbos, aeromotive return style fuel system, full suspension.
    575/563 @ 12lbs-adding more soon...

07 Trailblazer SS(wife's): 22s, 3200 stall, cammed and bolt ons, lowered. 405/405

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Big difference there too, N/A vs power adder, and lets compare power bands. I can guarantee the N/A is going to be a lot better than the boosted cobra. I will say some cobras do have a nasty power band but not all.
    the N/A car will not have a better powerband then a roots/screw powered cobra. full boost pretty much straight off idle. only takes about 100-200rpms.

these numbers arent anything special, plenty of cars make that power and more from imports to old schools. but i dont know of many N/A cars that will have that powerband and area under the curve with only 450rwhp.
    Last edited by TrickStang37; 01-29-2008 at 10:47 PM.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by LS2 KLR View Post
    You can't deny the crazy potential the cobras have with stock motors. Even so, I'd much rather see it lose to an underdog such as an ls1 or gt. If it were me, I would install a 408 with a healthy cam and a shot of gas. Just as the whine of a kb/whipple cobra sounds sick, so does an na car with a nasty cam.
    id much rather see it lose too, it gets lonely near the top of the food chain

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

Currently my shortblock is at the shop but hoping to get it back by the end of next week. Had it freshened up and dropped the compression to 9:1. Then I'm hoping to hang with the "big boys." It made over 400 with 3lbs so hopefully it puts up some good numbers with around 17.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information