Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Im not sure of that

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    hey we love our cars just as much as you guys love yours. Just remember theres always someone faster no matter what make it is.
    this is true...it happens

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

^^Until the end all of cars comes out. The super vette.
    I bet that thing will do 8's with bolt ons and sticky tires.
    Not many street cars that can do 8's....

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

The worst thing you can do with a 2v is try the na route. They just don't make power. A built street car will make 320-340rwhp I use to run a single fogger 200 shot before I knew about the intake/fuel puddling problem. On the dyno it looked great but a couple of days later racing an mti 427 C5, when shifting into 4th.....boom. It puddled and I blew the intake to pieces, lol. That is when I went to the nos nozzle kit and never had another problem. They can take up to a 125 no problem and a 150 is alittle risky. After that you really need some sort of dp kit.
    99 35th GT: 5.0 stroker, twin 60 turbos, aeromotive return style fuel system, full suspension.
    575/563 @ 12lbs-adding more soon...

07 Trailblazer SS(wife's): 22s, 3200 stall, cammed and bolt ons, lowered. 405/405

Black

Quote Originally Posted by LS2 KLR View Post
    The worst thing you can do with a 2v is try the na route. They just don't make power. A built street car will make 320-340rwhp I use to run a single fogger 200 shot before I knew about the intake/fuel puddling problem. On the dyno it looked great but a couple of days later racing an mti 427 C5, when shifting into 4th.....boom. It puddled and I blew the intake to pieces, lol. That is when I went to the nos nozzle kit and never had another problem. They can take up to a 125 no problem and a 150 is alittle risky. After that you really need some sort of dp kit.
    you have one sick lil 2v man....i watched your dyno vid...sounds pisssssed

black
    2000 ws.6 m6

how do i put my list of mods at bottom of message?

Black

Quote Originally Posted by blackls1ta View Post
    how do i put my list of mods at bottom of message?
    User CP is your friend....

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

Quote Originally Posted by nevrlift View Post
    you have one sick lil 2v man....i watched your dyno vid...sounds pisssssed

I appreciate the compliment. Its definately come a long way. In the next year or two I plan to go with a 4v and make some real power.

Black

I appreciate the compliment. Its definately come a long way. In the next year or two I plan to go with a 4v and make some real power.

converting to 4v heads or a long block?

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

Quote Originally Posted by nevrlift View Post
    converting to 4v heads or a long block?

I'll use the same turbo kit but get a 4v longblock. I'd like to make 750-800 on pump gas.

Black

I'll use the same turbo kit but get a 4v longblock. I'd like to make 750-800 on pump gas.

didnt know it was turbo...thought it was a 200 shot car...holy chit 700+ aint nuthin to shake a stick at
    Last edited by nevrlift; 08-15-2007 at 08:30 AM.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I always wanna take the turbo of my supra and put in on my T/A just to see what i can make, but I dont wanna ruin my cruising car.

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

Earlier this year a buddy of mine installed some twin 60s on my car. He originally was gonna sell me his 4v longblock with his 88mm kit. On pump gas and at alittle over 3400lbs it ran a 9.6 his only trip down the tack(non legal cage). He ended up changing his mind so he went ahead and put a kit together for me.

When I went to have it tuned it made 429 at 3lbs of bost and 4700rpms. Since I still had my na valve springs on it was lifting the vavles. I drop it off friday for new springs

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I made 517rwhp with a 76trim turbo, over winter upgrading internals, fuel system ECU and new turbo setup over winter, hoping for 700+rwhp aswell. What i hope to over the next couple of years is, get an aluminium block 427, around 8.5-9.0 comp ratio,cam heads, and a 101mm trim turbo. Probably make around 1200 or so hp, Thats what i was thinking of dropping in the T/A. Thats just one setup i have my mind on. Thats far in the future lol
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 08-15-2007 at 07:48 AM.

Black

Earlier this year a buddy of mine installed some twin 60s on my car. He originally was gonna sell me his 4v longblock with his 88mm kit. On pump gas and at alittle over 3400lbs it ran a 9.6 his only trip down the tack(non legal cage). He ended up changing his mind so he went ahead and put a kit together for me.

When I went to have it tuned it made 429 at 3lbs of bost and 4700rpms. Since I still had my na valve springs on it was lifting the vavles. I drop it off friday for new springs

NO shit....sounds like a SICK set up, you've for sure earned the right to call yourself LS2KLR...my ex and i always admired your car alot, her being a modular lover and me being a horsepower slut...

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Man, some of you guys are jackasses. If you believe all the hype about mustangs needing forced induction, you just haven't looked around. Well before forced induction I was running 11s with a completely streetable H/C/I 302. Guys have gone 9s na on the DOHC 4.6 na. I think you guys are just looking for an excuse to explain why GM never had a Camaro or Firebird that could run like Ford's '03+ Cobra.

Gmlvr69, no stock vette is going to run 8s. 650hp just ain't gonna do it. 9s are a certainty with sticky tires, but 9s and 8s is a HUGE difference.

I'll bet this is going to piss you off, but my corvette is just my "chick car." Don't get me wrong, it's an absolute thrill to drive, but when it came to building a fast car in a straight line, my '91 fox-body was the right platform.

I think I'll go get in my flame suit now... I'm sure I just stirred up a hornet's nest.
    '97 Corvette: bone-stock 13.2@108
    '91 Mustang LX: GT42-76 powered 331.
    '90 GMC Suburban: Big daddy 'burban!

green
    94 z28

My welding teacher used to always say "Know what Ford does with their mistakes? They circle them"

*think of their logo*

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I always say, "Atleast Ford circled the Problem"

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    Gmlvr69, no stock vette is going to run 8s. 650hp just ain't gonna do it. 9s are a certainty with sticky tires, but 9s and 8s is a HUGE difference.
    OK you cant even get my name right....
    Did you even read my post?
    I said that stock, the new corvette would probably be a 9 second car right off the showroom floor. (2900 lbs and 650 bhp.)
    The current z06 has gone 10.8 stock with old Drag Radials. (3100 lbs with 505 bhp)
    And with boltons, (it is supercharged) which include pullies, headers,intake,full exhaust etc., and sticky tires, it could be a solid 8 second car.
    It would need all the safety equipment to continue to run at the track, but with a few more mods it could easily make up for the added weight.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information