Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    Ya i've got BMR k-member, upper and lower a-arms already. plus some other goodies in my sig. Thats another thing, what all can i re-use? things like brackets, what about my pushrods (chromoly), will ls6 oil pump mount up, FAST 92/92, injectors, headers (i want new ones, slp sucks but maybe just till i get more money). will i need different motor mounts? when i replaced the k-memeber i put some new prothane solids. Thanks for the help
    I believe all the accessories will drop right in and the K-member and motor mounts should be fine as well as the FAST and the headers.
    What you may want to look into are the injectors and whether or not they are big enough to support the HP intended since I don't know if we are talking about stockers here.
    The pushrods are another iffy,,,it's one of those things I always like to double check before I order, and it becomes especially more critical if you don't have an adjustable valvetrain.
    If I had to guess, and you used the same camshaft, same heads and valvetrain,,,and the new block isn't decked excessively,,,then reusing your pushrods would probably be fine. Once heads are changed that may have a higher deck surface or some other variable then all bets are off.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I believe all the accessories will drop right in and the K-member and motor mounts should be fine as well as the FAST and the headers.
    What you may want to look into are the injectors and whether or not they are big enough to support the HP intended since I don't know if we are talking about stockers here.
    The pushrods are another iffy,,,it's one of those things I always like to double check before I order, and it becomes especially more critical if you don't have an adjustable valvetrain.
    If I had to guess, and you used the same camshaft, same heads and valvetrain,,,and the new block isn't decked excessively,,,then reusing your pushrods would probably be fine. Once heads are changed that may have a higher deck surface or some other variable then all bets are off.
    i am deff gunna go with a bigger cam. 230/230 just isnt gunna cut it. push rod arent that expensive so owell. what about sensors? knock, can shaft postion, temps, wiring harness, etc....?

also they are 36lbhr bosch injectors

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

im gunna try and maybe find a slightly used stroker if i can. i figure with the way the economy is right now there are prob some really good deals. that way i could just drop it right in. plus new is always way more expensive. just a thought
    Look on Tech...a LOT of guys selling their builds for cheap, if they're not already sold.

i am deff gunna go with a bigger cam. 230/230 just isnt gunna cut it. push rod arent that expensive so owell. what about sensors? knock, can shaft postion, temps, wiring harness, etc....?

also they are 36lbhr bosch injectors
    I haven't checked into this in a while but if memory serves, the knock sensors were moved to the block, and either the crank sensor or cam sensor was also moved. This requires an extension harness to reach which I thought some places were selling to make this a simple plug and play deal. Shucks even Texas Speed that sells these crate motors should have that stuff I would think.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

You "should" be able to get away wit h36 #ers. Thats iffy though IMO. Im at 90 % on stockers. Im aslo running rich! Heads would also be iffy. Think about it, your about to spend a good amount of money on this short block. If you want to use those heads with 59cc then you will probably want a dished piston to help with lowering compression. Further down the road... Im SURE you will wnat a better flowing head. Then you would have these dished pistons, and a larger chamber head. Unless you spec a cam out, and then spec out some pistons with valve reliefs's, then it might work well together. Up too you, and your wallet.

FAST 92/92 will swap fine. Thank god cause they cost a right nut

Really sorry you hydro locked your engine though. Even though you dont seem too upset. I would be devastated. I can not afford that. Just curious... Was it # 7 piston that water got into? I have heard of this before and it sounds like it happens every once and a while. Good luck man. I would either go 404 or 408. Like stated above, 404 will give you some room to refresh later on down the road if need be. Bored .030 over, you will probably not have that with 408. But, Plenty of people go 408. Cam will have to go most likely. Try to sell most of this undamaged stuff and make even a few dollars back from your mis fortune.

Why can we compress water????? Bullshit!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Dude you didn't even get to see what your head and cam swap did? I guess my cars faster then yours for a while
    http://www.norcal-lsx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64718
    otherwise start going to the junkyards-damn sorry to hear that happened.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Dude you didn't even get to see what your head and cam swap did? I guess my cars faster then yours for a while
    http://www.norcal-lsx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64718
    otherwise start going to the junkyards-damn sorry to hear that happened.
    Thanks, this next motor im hoping for 500+wrhp. then well see who is faster! but hey mines faster at breaking down.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    You "should" be able to get away wit h36 #ers. Thats iffy though IMO. Im at 90 % on stockers. Im aslo running rich! Heads would also be iffy. Think about it, your about to spend a good amount of money on this short block. If you want to use those heads with 59cc then you will probably want a dished piston to help with lowering compression. Further down the road... Im SURE you will wnat a better flowing head. Then you would have these dished pistons, and a larger chamber head. Unless you spec a cam out, and then spec out some pistons with valve reliefs's, then it might work well together. Up too you, and your wallet.

FAST 92/92 will swap fine. Thank god cause they cost a right nut

Really sorry you hydro locked your engine though. Even though you dont seem too upset. I would be devastated. I can not afford that. Just curious... Was it # 7 piston that water got into? I have heard of this before and it sounds like it happens every once and a while. Good luck man. I would either go 404 or 408. Like stated above, 404 will give you some room to refresh later on down the road if need be. Bored .030 over, you will probably not have that with 408. But, Plenty of people go 408. Cam will have to go most likely. Try to sell most of this undamaged stuff and make even a few dollars back from your mis fortune.

Why can we compress water????? Bullshit!
    thanks hopefully i can find a good deal. maybe ill go with a 402. thats big enough right? haha

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

402 is fine. So is 408. Some disagree, some will not. 402 is the "square engine" some people crave about. Either way, if you want 500 RWHP, your gonna need some better heads probably. Didnt you tell me the heads were Patriot?

Black
    2000 Z-28

Yeah get an aluminum block (why add 100lbs) and some nice AFR or Trickflow heads....you'll be 500rwhp easily and if ur a 6 speed more!

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    402 is fine. So is 408. Some disagree, some will not. 402 is the "square engine" some people crave about. Either way, if you want 500 RWHP, your gonna need some better heads probably. Didnt you tell me the heads were Patriot?
    ya there are patroit stage 2's 59cc. im thinking im just gunna sell them with the cam as a package. i made 397rwhp with that set-up. of course with LT's. im gunna try and look for a long block that someone put together nad then ran out of money. there is alot of good stuff thats going cheap out there.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Yeah get an aluminum block (why add 100lbs) and some nice AFR or Trickflow heads....you'll be 500rwhp easily and if ur a 6 speed more!
    i think i wanna get a LQ9 or LQ4. but who knows....

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Here is a 408 shortblock for 2800
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-pa...perdamper.html

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

And I see you post on the ls2/lq9 so I guess your serious. Did you see that 429 race motor? Only 20,000 25,000 freshened up

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    And I see you post on the ls2/lq9 so I guess your serious. Did you see that 429 race motor? Only 20,000 25,000 freshened up
    hey thanks for the links, no i didnt see that 429. where was it?

Stock
    2002 Camaro

ok now what about cranks? eagle, callies, etc????? which company should i go with?

Stock
    2002 Camaro

man your finding all the good stuff once i get it done your gunna have to take for a drive......

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information