Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 824252627282930313248 ... LastLast

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Here are my observations after 520 miles. I have an increase of mileage of 1mpg. I went from 21.5 mpg to 22.6 mpg. The car idles perfect. I used to see spark knock (3-4 degrees) on my HPTuners log during long runs at WOT. Now all I get on the logs is an is an occasional 1.2 degrees or less. I don't have cats and now my exhaust isn't as obnoxious (not that it smells great). I am going on the Power Tour and will continue using the 2 stroke oil to see how it works. That should give me about 2500 miles of testing.
    Last edited by thearborbarber; 06-02-2009 at 04:52 PM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Great! That will be a great "test" Over 2500 miles I would stop using it in the middle of the run to verify any and all positives. Stop using it for 3-4 tankfuls and see what happens.

purple
    98 c-5

my daughters 2004 saturn ion is getting 28.3 mpg last fill-up.she does only short trips with alot of start ups.My wife got 24 mph the only time i check it when she was driving it.

Laser Blue Metallic
    2006 Monte Carlo SS

after about 3/4 of a tank, car starts, idles, and runs smoother... no noticable difference in mileage yet, but no biggie - I'm already happy with the 20.5mpg I get - so anything additional is icing on the cake...

I'm waiting to go through about another 1/2 - 3/4 tank then do some new data logs and check my WOT KR... normally would get a couple spots of 2-3* of KR, so I'm interested to see if this trick helps with that as well...
    06MonteSS
    2006 Monte Carlo SS -- CAI, Poly mounts, STB's,
    Flowmaster Super 40's, Custom DiabLew Tune!
    Email: 06MonteSS@diablewtune.com

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

I'd made it thru a couple tanks doing this before I went up to dallas this past weekend for the invasion. I don't have a full accuracy for a before, but had been getting 29-30mpg with 90% of a tank on the highway/interstate.

Filled up before i headed to dallas, filled up once i got up there, had averaged 32.3mpg

I was shocked. Checked it again on the way home, still averaged 28mpg. The trip home was at a constant 95 to 110mph behind a group of sportbikes. And its running and idling smooth as can be.

Pulse Red
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    I'd made it thru a couple tanks doing this before I went up to dallas this past weekend for the invasion. I don't have a full accuracy for a before, but had been getting 29-30mpg with 90% of a tank on the highway/interstate.

Filled up before i headed to dallas, filled up once i got up there, had averaged 32.3mpg

I was shocked. Checked it again on the way home, still averaged 28mpg. The trip home was at a constant 95 to 110mph behind a group of sportbikes. And its running and idling smooth as can be.
    You have an LS1??? I'm jealous.

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

Just picked up a bottle of Pennzoil 2 stroke TC-W3 today and found an old Sta-bil bottle to use.

quick question: how big is the tank in the fbodies? specifically 1999 if it differs year to year...

I'm guessing the ratio goes by tank size rather than how much you fill up the first time you use it?

Filled up today and it took 11.3 gallons.
    I dumped 3 oz.s of Tc-W3 in afterward. I'm guessing the tank is around a 15 gallon size? Sound right?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Dont worry about how big your tank is. Just start out at 1oz per 5 gallons of gas and keep going. Round up. So 11.3 would be 2oz's. 13.1 would be 3oz's etc. etc.

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Dont worry about how big your tank is. Just start out at 1oz per 5 gallons of gas and keep going. Round up. So 11.3 would be 2oz's. 13.1 would be 3oz's etc. etc.
    This way it'll keep the ratio right in the tank everytime I fill up, correct?

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by VTXrider View Post
    You have an LS1??? I'm jealous.
    Yes, thats in the LS1. Even playing around alot, the least I've gotten since I've had the car was 21mpg. And thats playing ALOT (including 4 passes at the track on that tank).

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Poppn View Post
    This way it'll keep the ratio right in the tank everytime I fill up, correct?
    Yup.

Sarge, I joined just to comment. I got a 1 mpg bump over 3 tanks using Penzoil marine oil in my corolla. I have a couple of questions, does the TC W3 increase the temperature of the combustion chamber? Also, I hear all of the rave reviews about amsoil hp injector oil, even though it is not on the official list and does not say TC W3 on the bottle (but says it on the website) can the formulation of it be that much better than the other synthetic oils? I assume it is a group IV oil?

Lightbulb TC-W3

Quote Originally Posted by mikered30 View Post
    Sarge, I joined just to comment. I got a 1 mpg bump over 3 tanks using Penzoil marine oil in my corolla. I have a couple of questions, does the TC W3 increase the temperature of the combustion chamber? Also, I hear all of the rave reviews about amsoil hp injector oil, even though it is not on the official list and does not say TC W3 on the bottle (but says it on the website) can the formulation of it be that much better than the other synthetic oils? I assume it is a group IV oil?
    I've got a bottle of the HP Injector in my hand and on the front label it says:

"Recommended for TC-W3, API-TC Applications"

Amsoil has been making premium 2-cycle oils since 1973 and has a very strong following with them today. If there were any issues with any of their oils they'd fix the formulation. Amsoil is guaranteed and manufactured by ISO 9000:20001 certified processes. Their products are as advertised with quality in every bottle. There’s no need to lose sleep over certified lists from third party associations when the track record speaks for itself. We’re not talking about a fly by night snake oil operation here.

CompSyn
    Last edited by CompSyn; 06-03-2009 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CompSyn View Post
    I've got a bottle of the HP Injector in my hand and on the front label it says:

"Recommended for TC-W3, API-TC Applications"

Amsoil has been making premium 2-cycle oils since 1973 and has a very strong following with them today. If there were any issues with any of their oils they'd fix the formulation. Amsoil is guaranteed and manufactured by ISO 9000:20001 certified processes. Their products are as advertised with quality in every bottle. There’s no need to lose sleep over certified lists from third party associations when the track record speaks for itself. We’re not talking about a fly by night snake oil operation here.

CompSyn

Thanks for the clarification.

Laser Blue Metallic
    2006 Monte Carlo SS

Hey CompSyn...

just ordered a gallon of the HPI... went through your site link and had your ZO# at checkout... ;-)

thanks!
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 06-04-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by mikered30 View Post
    Combustion chamber temp is unchanged. Ratio is way too lean to have any effect. I reiterate....this solution is mainly for cleaning and lubrication. The MPG/Smoothness etc. is the effect of a clean/lubricated top end/fuel system.
    Octane etc. is not effected by a 500:1 ratio.

Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
    Hey CompSyn...

just ordered a gallon of the HPI... went through your site link and had your ZO# at checkout... ;-)

thanks!
    Thanks much for going through the website! Appreciate the order!

CompSyn

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Starting my routine this evening upon fill-up, ordered some HPI from Compsyn when I got my differential fluid. I'm sure at 161k, this will help a teeny bit

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by thearborbarber View Post
    Here are my observations after 520 miles. I have an increase of mileage of 1mpg. I went from 21.5 mpg to 22.6 mpg. The car idles perfect. I used to see spark knock (3-4 degrees) on my HPTuners log during long runs at WOT. Now all I get on the logs is an is an occasional 1.2 degrees or less. I don't have cats and now my exhaust isn't as obnoxious (not that it smells great). I am going on the Power Tour and will continue using the 2 stroke oil to see how it works. That should give me about 2500 miles of testing.
    Here are my mileage results from the power tour. 2278.3 miles and used 102.447 gallons of fuel for 22.239 miles per gallon. 200 miles were city driving, 2 dyno runs, and about a dozen 1/4 mile runs.

I still have to do some data logging to do now that I have about 3000 miles of usage.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Do you feel the effort is worth the gains in performance?

Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 824252627282930313248 ... LastLast

Thread Information