37. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, good idea

33 89.19%
  • no, too many stickies

4 10.81%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

COTY is a great idea. I can get with TSS and design a plaque to ship to the weener.

tater_salad
    Also, COTY should be only up for COTM winners.

I can see both sides to the appearance/modified thing. "Car Of The Year" embodies "What is LS1.com for this year?", to me. I believe both should be considered, and both should be a basis for your vote. It's like when you vote for a public office candidate, it's their image and which one seems to fuck up less.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman22 View Post
    COTY is a great idea. I can get with TSS and design a plaque to ship to the weener.
    that's a good idea...ed can pay for it too! LOL

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I guess somewhere in here cotm and coty got kinda crossed up. I was thinking coty should be judged a little differently than cotm. Coty should be the whole package. Car, pics, mods, and write up.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

so as long as mr. lous/ ed or sarge don't qualify, then we all have a chance

back 'n better than ever Kjz99z28's Avatar

White/Black
    1999 Z28

I also think we should just show pics with numbers by them instead of identifying which car belongs to who. I mean I know some cars will automatically be recognized by members.. but it might help eliminate a little of the name-voting.

I think COTY is a great idea, and I agree with what was said about judging differently, like including a list of mods for COTY. I think appearance-only is fine for COTM.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

To me when you vote for COTY it should be from the winners of COTM (12 in a full year). To see who had the best CAR OF THE YEAR. But thats just me.

Red
    2001 Trans Am

yep good idea

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    Hmmmm...

Well, I would think "Car of the Year" would imply getting to know what is done to the car too... Its not called "Car Pic of the Year" you know? Just my opinion... I think each entry should get one(or 2) pics, and a predetermined amount of space to write a discription/mod list. And then we get to pick what one we like the best, period.

If we are going to nominate LS1.com's COTY you gotta go more than skin deep... COTY based on just looks?

Thats so...... ricer.........

Don't hate me for saying it, but that what I think.
    x2 here........

COTY is a ricer award if you ask me.......looks only.....wow

i thought i was on ls1.com and not hothondas.com
    High revving TPI........wait oxymoron?

White/Black
    1999 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Toyota h8r View Post
    x2 here........

COTY is a ricer award if you ask me.......looks only.....wow

i thought i was on ls1.com and not hothondas.com
    ....Ahem....
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I guess somewhere in here cotm and coty got kinda crossed up. I was thinking coty should be judged a little differently than cotm. Coty should be the whole package. Car, pics, mods, and write up.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Kjz99z28 View Post
    ....Ahem....
    that's ok, I'm used to people opening their yapper before even taking the time to read the posts.

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    that's ok, I'm used to people opening their yapper before even taking the time to read the posts.
    even if it would include the whole package, still isnt right then.....if it wasnt a factor during the COTM....why include the whole package for COTY?

I mean consistency would be nice........if your looking for the whole package.....start with teh COTM...that way the people who face off for COTY are the BEST of the best.

See my point?

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

I also think we should just show pics with numbers by them instead of identifying which car belongs to who. I mean I know some cars will automatically be recognized by members.. but it might help eliminate a little of the name-voting.

I think COTY is a great idea, and I agree with what was said about judging differently, like including a list of mods for COTY. I think appearance-only is fine for COTM.
    I agree on the number selection setup......eliminates favorites

Appererence only for one and not the other? Thats not fair, should be for the whole car for both COTM/COTY

Quote Originally Posted by sandman22 View Post
    To me when you vote for COTY it should be from the winners of COTM (12 in a full year). To see who had the best CAR OF THE YEAR. But thats just me.
    I agree, the winner of each month goes against one and another. Makes sense to me.

White/Black
    1999 Z28

I agree on the number selection setup......eliminates favorites

Appererence only for one and not the other? Thats not fair, should be for the whole car for both COTM/COTY

I agree, the winner of each month goes against one and another. Makes sense to me.
    I like the 12 month winners against each other. Wouldn't make sense to do it any other way.

COTY would be like "the" award to win. COTM is not as big an award.. and I think it would be a good idea to let members who aren't really modded but are still car enthusiasts (i.e.. car looks nice, kept clean, all that) to also have a shot at the monthly one. They won't always win, but I think COTY should have a cosmetic aspect too. That way the winner will not only be the best looking, but be the favorite with looks AND performance. There would probably be only one car out of the 12 that made it to COTY choices that is totally stock anyway.

And on a sidenote.. I don't think someone who has a stock car but wants it to look nice is ricer. I see a ricer as someone that has a car that looks like ass, and thinks it's fast for no reason. Not to mention the cheap parts, and the shitty attitude.

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

I like the 12 month winners against each other. Wouldn't make sense to do it any other way.

COTY would be like "the" award to win. COTM is not as big an award.. and I think it would be a good idea to let members who aren't really modded but are still car enthusiasts (i.e.. car looks nice, kept clean, all that) to also have a shot at the monthly one. They won't always win, but I think COTY should have a cosmetic aspect too. That way the winner will not only be the best looking, but be the favorite with looks AND performance. There would probably be only one car out of the 12 that made it to COTY choices that is totally stock anyway.

And on a sidenote.. I don't think someone who has a stock car but wants it to look nice is ricer. I see a ricer as someone that has a car that looks like ass, and thinks it's fast for no reason. Not to mention the cheap parts, and the shitty attitude.
    Im saying its ricer-ish to look only for appearance only. Yah its cool to look for clean stock cars......but come on....a fully built race car looks more badass.....

they need different classes really.........look at car shows......everyone doesnt enter for one class and one class only......there are different ones for a reason!

White/Black
    1999 Z28

Im saying its ricer-ish to look only for appearance only. Yah its cool to look for clean stock cars......but come on....a fully built race car looks more badass.....

they need different classes really.........look at car shows......everyone doesnt enter for one class and one class only......there are different ones for a reason!
    Right but there are options and you can vote on whoever you want. I'm just sayin' not to leave out people who WANT to be involved just because they are new or can't afford to right now or whatever. By leaving COTM as it is.. it gives these people an actual chance to participate.

Different classes would be too complicated IMO... but, car shows are a good analogy, because also in those you just look at it, and sometimes people enter that aren't built race cars, and occasionally a barely modded car that looks nice will win

I like the COTY idea. I think we should do it! selecting from the pool of 12 (monthly winners) for the specific year is a good idea too...

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

Right but there are options and you can vote on whoever you want. I'm just sayin' not to leave out people who WANT to be involved just because they are new or can't afford to right now or whatever. By leaving COTM as it is.. it gives these people an actual chance to participate.

Different classes would be too complicated IMO... but, car shows are a good analogy, because also in those you just look at it, and sometimes people enter that aren't built race cars, and occasionally a barely modded car that looks nice will win
    heres a way to clear it up and be easy......not trying to sound like a asshole

stock/appearance class
    and
    heavily modified/race car class

White/Black
    1999 Z28

stock/appearance class
    and
    Right but then are there two cars of the year? And are we going to have enough people enter each month for both classes or is it going to be pretty much the same group each time? I mean if the forum can support it I think it would work out.. depending on how you did the COTY part.. but.. I dunno I don't think it would make that much of a difference on who wins.

stock/appearance class
    and
    me personally not in favor of that, since we look at pics and judge by looks, not hear their engine, look under the hood or show dyno charts and mod list.

for COTM... usually wheels, color of the car, quality of pic, angle, lighting, catback tips and a few cosmetic things set those cars apart not the internal mods.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information