Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Gohard View Post
    Is that close enough that it won't mess with the odometer etc.??
    no it will mess with the odometer ...any difference will

NBM
    99 TA

Hey, rims look great! I almost went with a set in that color combo, but I didn't think I could pull it off with NBM.
    haha...and someone already mentioned the rotor size...oh well...are those eradispeeds? Looks alot like my old set-up...while they were a huge improvement over stocks, the CTS-v are night and day compared to them.
    I would recommend looking into them or the c6z06 ones if you have the budget.
    Oh and yea, your speedo will be off by alittle bit, the first tuner didn't even fix this issue for me (along with getting a crappy tune), but it got corrected a couple wks ago. He told me when my speedo was showing a slower speed than I was actually driving, ie: says 70mph, but actually going like 73mph...I just made up those numbers btw, don't remember how off he said it was)

Once again, looks great.
    Last edited by peterlawl84; 05-10-2010 at 06:40 PM.

2000 ss/1994 z28/1979 z28

Its not something i would do, but it looks nice on your ride!

Navy Blue
    Chevrolet Camaro SS

looks good

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by peterlawl84 View Post
    Hey, rims look great! I almost went with a set in that color combo, but I didn't think I could pull it off with NBM.
    haha...and someone already mentioned the rotor size...oh well...are those eradispeeds? Looks alot like my old set-up...while they
    were a huge improvement over stocks, the CTS-v are night and day compared to them.
    I would recommend looking into them or the c6z06 ones if you have the budget.
    Oh and yea, your speedo will be off by alittle bit, the first tuner didn't even fix this issue for me (along with getting a crappy tune), but it got corrected a couple wks ago. He told me when my speedo was showing a slower speed than I was actually driving, ie: says 70mph, but actually going like 73mph...I just made up those numbers btw, don't remember how off he said it was)

Once again, looks great.
    I owe you credit for the blueprint that you layed which lowering the car gives it that stance. Most importantly we are winning over more people and creating a movement that will show TA's in a new light. Shock to see such positive feedback and will be upgrading the brake package soon. Thanks again for leading the way.

NBM
    99 TA

Thanks for the kind words. I am surprised you got such a good response, where was this back in '03 when I just got bashed all the time! haha.
    If you are interested in upgrading the rears as well, maybe we can try and get a group together to see if we can get a better deal on brackets from Kore3...that is if you are doing the CTSv up front as well.

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Quote Originally Posted by nmartin View Post
    Just put some staggered 20x8.5 and 20x10 Boss Motorsport (cheap) rims for $600 brand new and wrapped them in NT555 245/35 285/30 which I got a killer deal on.($563 for the set). Just wanted something different for the summer and was inspired by Peters trans am. I know a lot you guys think 20"s are too big but I like it and thats all that matters. Here are a few pics and would love to hear some feed back.

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    That shit looks sexy sick dude!!! Nice work

black
    02 vette vert

i'm normally not a fan of that big of a wheel but it's pulled off fairly well with the the fact of it being the darth vader-ish t/a, and the color. i don't think a camaro would look good at all with this setup though.

NBM
    99 TA

Quick question, what offset did you use for the rears? Any rubbing with the 285s on the outer fender with it rolled?

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Looks great, nice too see I'm not the only one with 20"s. I've been looking into lowering my car but I'm not sure if I will have a rub or not.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

That's bigger than I'd want to go personally, but your car pulls them off nicely. I really like the 3rd pic, that looks bad ass!

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by peterlawl84 View Post
    Quick question, what offset did you use for the rears? Any rubbing with the 285s on the outer fender with it rolled?
    I think the offsets are 32 not sure but no rub after having the fenders rolled. I was told that the diameter of a 285/30 is smaller than the 275

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Lutzfire24 View Post
    Looks great, nice too see I'm not the only one with 20"s. I've been looking into lowering my car but I'm not sure if I will have a rub or not.
    Click for full size
    It's ironic because I have pics of your car saved on my computer because I prefer a chrome alloy finish but got such a good deal on the blacks.

NBM
    99 TA

I think the offsets are 32 not sure but no rub after having the fenders rolled. I was told that the diameter of a 285/30 is smaller than the 275
    hm...thats cool. I know mine are +35mm and with my fenders rolled, its pretty close on the outside, so not sure if 285 would rub.
    I haven't heard that about the 285/30 being shorter than 275...would be interesting to find out for sure though.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

20/30/285 = 26.73" diameter

20/30/275 = 26.50" diameter

20/35/275 = 27.58" diameter

yellow/black
    2002 Trans Am CETA

On paper I'd say 20s would be too big for these cars but after looking at your ride it does look good. Perfect color/stance combo.
    I just put 24's on my Tahoe and the stock breaks look like a turd. I didn't know big breaks were so expensive .

+1 on the comment about doing 19's in the front but again the car looks great. Last thing, black out your tail lights and third break light... JMHO
    02 CETA #654 7800 miles
    09 G8 GT liquid red, sport/premium/sunroof red/black int
    07 Tahoe LS

...you'll know it's me when I come through your town
    I'm gonna ride around in style, I'm gonna drive everybody wild
    'cause I'll have the only one there is around

silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

I'm not how many inches but its the eibach lowering spring setup and had the rear fenders rolled. I was trying to achieve a tuck look.
    def looks sick man and the rotors do look tiny now,,,,what did you mean by had the fenders rolled?

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by 2000dreambird View Post
    def looks sick man and the rotors do look tiny now,,,,what did you mean by had the fenders rolled?
    If you look at the rear wheel well fender, there is a lip that can be bent/rolled flat against the backside to give you alittle more room for wheel clearance.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by lopedawg View Post
    On paper I'd say 20s would be too big for these cars but after looking at your ride it does look good. Perfect color/stance combo.
    I just put 24's on my Tahoe and the stock breaks look like a turd. I didn't know big breaks were so expensive .

+1 on the comment about doing 19's in the front but again the car looks great. Last thing, black out your tail lights and third break light... JMHO
    Can't agree with you more blacking out my tail lights along with changing my center caps to match the L.O.B badge and embroid L.O.B headrest are the next cosmetic upgrades.

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Very nice job...car looks hot!
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information