Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

Seasonge did you have to change anything to get it to fit - belt,tensioner,ect.Thanks

Black
    2000 Z28

mghawk57, no, I didn't have change or add anything. The only thing I had to do was grind down the throttle linkage because it was hitting the upper inlet. I have pictures of that somewhere if you need to see them.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

Great - e-mail to mghawk57@hotmail.com please

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Thanks Lethal,,,,someone here understands this is just a discussion.

I didn't even read all of Seasponges response when I read the first sentence that stated, "this was going to be a pissing contest. I lost all interest in his response and simply said,,,,goodluck with that,,,,meaning if you want to argue about it be my guest. At that point I lost all interest in discussing anything with the attitudes that were taken on here.

Some of you guys need to grow up,,,,no one here was insulting anyone that I am aware of,,,the attitudes are not necessary.

And for the record seasponge,,,I have used meziere. Thought that was obvious since that is what the discussion was about....
    No problem Firebirdjones- I know from reading a bunch of your posts in the past that you arent the kind of guy who gets in "pissing matches" and I didnt see where you said anything insulting at all-just gave your opinion on a pump you used before. I guess things were taken the wrong way is all.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

Thanks Seasponge for the pictures.I was wondering about the routing of the belts since the waterpump pulley is no longer there.I'm running a Procharger on a soon to be delivered 402 stroker.Thanks again

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by mghawk57 View Post
    Thanks Seasponge for the pictures.I was wondering about the routing of the belts since the waterpump pulley is no longer there.I'm running a Procharger on a soon to be delivered 402 stroker.Thanks again
    The pump has a "fake" pulley so you don't have to re-route anything.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

Thank you - I does not show this in any pictures

Black
    2000 Z28

Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't take a picture of the pulley because it didn't affect the install. The pulley is a free-spinning pulley which is the reason for the HP gain...no parasitic power loss.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

Thank you - that explains everything!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by seasponge View Post
    I installed a new Meziere pump onto my LS1 and right after install I took it out for a spin. The lack of parasitic loss made for a much faster reving engine and I definetly felt the power go up. I'm not sure how much power the pump reclaims (+/- 10-12hp) but it was money well spent, specially since it pumps at an astonishing 55 GPM! Imagine sitting on stop and go traffic with your A/C running full blast while others are overheating. Not you my friend, you're constantly pumping 55 GPM! And I don't run a thermostat so its even better!

Here is the site:
    http://www.meziere.com/searchresult.aspx?p=1&k=WP319
    I didn't read the other pages of responses but I have installed 7-8 of these in the past year and half and had great luck and power gains. Big difference seen @6000+.
    On your comment about not running a thermostat I don't agree with that what so ever. At the very least you need to run a restrictor washer in there or the coolant is cycling way too fast. Not to say that it is going to over heat but it is not optimum.

Also I have never had to grind maybe you got the wrong part #.
    Here are the 2 different ones.

We are VERY hot out west here usually 100+ all summer and NEVER had any issues.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

ok, now for my opinion.
    If you knew firebirdjones you'd know he wasn't bashing. He was voicing concerns he had about the pump. I didn't see anywhere in his post that would be considered bashing. So we'll just let it go at that before this really turns into a pissing contest that I will win.

Drag racing is a disease! RacerBob's Avatar

Maroon
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by seasponge View Post
    mghawk57, no, I didn't have change or add anything. The only thing I had to do was grind down the throttle linkage because it was hitting the upper inlet. I have pictures of that somewhere if you need to see them.
    I would like to see the pics also. Thanks. My e-mail is rawells99@yahoo.com.
    My concern is the grinding that you did. Here is a pic of what I am up against:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...wer800x600.jpg
    Drag racing...just another numbers game.

Vortech Super Charger, 9" w/4.11, 3200 Stall, BMR SFC, BMR TracPak, !MAF screen, 160 T-Stat.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

RacerBob what a set up.What kind of Super charger.This is on your 2000 Z28.What boost.I've not seen that set up before.What RWHP?

Drag racing is a disease! RacerBob's Avatar

Maroon
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by mghawk57 View Post
    RacerBob what a set up.What kind of Super charger.This is on your 2000 Z28.What boost.I've not seen that set up before.What RWHP?
    That is a Vortech V-9 SQ G Trim. I do not have a boost gage, but I believe it is advertised at 4 to 6 psi. I will have RWHP after a dyno tune (later this year or early next year).

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

Looks mean.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans-Am

Before I begin I'd like to make something clear, I'm in no way pissing, not recreationally, not as an amateur, and certainly not competitively, not even uphill, or into the wind.

I do however have what I consider to be a pretty valid question. Where is all this horsepower coming from? I'm looking at things from a physics perspective and it would seem to me that any power you're freeing up mechanically immediatly places a demand on the electrical............ wich loads the alternator wich loads the engine. Particularily when you're at low rpm and that alternator is turning slower but the water pump is pushing hard as ever wich makes me wonder about throttle response, and all these subjective claims of quicker revving. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, I'm saying your impressions are subjective, I'd love to see some statistical analysis on real measurements of this.

I'm not even going to get into the reliability issues you guys you were discussing and how many more possible points of failure you're introducing or how you might be shortening the lives of other components under your hood by pushing them beyond what they were designed to do,

Now I'm not saying this isn't a high quality, or usefull product, on a drag car with no alternator it would certainly free up some power, and I'm sure that there are other great applications, but on a daily driver..........? I think I'm with the crowd who wants to stick with mechanical.

Black
    2000 Z28

Good questions and those should really be directed at the manufacturer of the product who I'm sure has hard facts and dyno sheets to proove the power gains.

All I know is that I did some research before purchasing my pump, called the company and asked several questions, etc. After I installed my pump, I immediately noticed somepower gain. Naturally, if you release tension form the mechanical parts, you'll get some power gain but you're right, the electrical then takes an extra load...however though...that alternator is still putting out the same current. I know some guys replace their stock alternator for a higher output one in order to support their high end stereo systems - which is something I may do.

Yes, mechanical is good and that's why I kept mine. I need to rebuild it but its still in my garage. And I'll keep it in case I ever need it. However, the extra power from the electrical is nice and if the elctrical goes, all I have to replace is the electric motor - really easy and less involved than the mechanical.

Again, this is all a matter of preference and choice. I chose the electrical for not just the power gain but because traffic jams are a huge deal where I'm from and that pump really shines in those situations...specially in the summer when you're stuck in traffic and have the A/C on.

Cheers.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Before I begin I'd like to make something clear, I'm in no way pissing, not recreationally, not as an amateur, and certainly not competitively, not even uphill, or into the wind.

I do however have what I consider to be a pretty valid question. Where is all this horsepower coming from? I'm looking at things from a physics perspective and it would seem to me that any power you're freeing up mechanically immediatly places a demand on the electrical............ wich loads the alternator wich loads the engine. Particularily when you're at low rpm and that alternator is turning slower but the water pump is pushing hard as ever wich makes me wonder about throttle response, and all these subjective claims of quicker revving. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, I'm saying your impressions are subjective, I'd love to see some statistical analysis on real measurements of this.

I'm not even going to get into the reliability issues you guys you were discussing and how many more possible points of failure you're introducing or how you might be shortening the lives of other components under your hood by pushing them beyond what they were designed to do,

Now I'm not saying this isn't a high quality, or usefull product, on a drag car with no alternator it would certainly free up some power, and I'm sure that there are other great applications, but on a daily driver..........? I think I'm with the crowd who wants to stick with mechanical.

I think that if you research it enough you'll figure out a few things. One is that this pump does free up HP. There's no doubt about that. The other is that the electric pump of today has come a long way from the electric pump of yesteryear. They're much more dependable than they used to be. That being said I understand why people would be shy about going to an electric pump. I can't say that I would trust it 100% therefore I don't run one. There are tons of people running these pumps with no problems though. Who knows, I may get one just to see how it does.

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

I had one on my 93 LT1 car. It lasted over 3 years/70k miles before it went bad. I will probably put one on the T/A when it comes time to replace the stocker.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

im strongly looking into getting one. Frost has taken the time to answer some of my questions...

once i get my stim check, ill be looking even harder. i think an EWP, an U/D pulley, and a retune, would make my car a beast w/that little 224 in it...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information