Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SiG P239

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Sounds like you've already made up your mind, so all of us people that do and have been conceal carrying for awhile will stop recommending good holsters and belts.
    Actually I have not, I was looking into the belly band because of the clothes I normally wear. I will still need a normal holster when I wear jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    ...wear your shorts, ...with a (gun) belt !

my concerns about a bellyband would be; how good is the retention? (does it shift around); how easy is it to draw? does it feel like a brick in my drawers?

...seriously, ...there's a reason carry on the waist is recommended by virtually all self-defense professionals/trainers...

you'll have to buy clothes (generally your pants/shorts/whatever) a tad bit large and a good (gun) belt...
    Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    ..yep, ...the bellyband thing might be a nice option for deep-cover backup, ...but for primary defense, i sure want it w/in easy access, and that generally means secured on a good belt... also, ...i'm not sure i'd want to one-handed reholster in a belly band!?!?!
    I understand that a belt will help a lot. But I am in California, it would look a bit weird wearing jeans at the beach. If the shorts I wear allow for a belt, I will wear one.

The crossbreed has an actual holster than you can re-holster one-handed.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

red
    95 Z28

People who conceal carry understand that there are usually compromises that have to be made when carrying. Some people want to conceal carry a gun just so they can say they carry a gun. They want it to be comfortable, fashionable, and easy. Some people that conceal carry want to be able to get it out in a hurry, and reliably, if in case they ever actually have to use it. I've tried a few holsters that didn't utilize an attachment point on a belt. Never underestimate how much force you can put on a holster in a panic situation where you're moving fast. With almost every one that I tried, there were times when you could actually pull out the entire holster, gun still inside. Those same holsters also have more of a tendency to move around if you're trying to move fast. It isn't a stretch to think that if such a situation came about where you'd have to use a conceal carry gun, that you would also be running... fast. You most often will sacrifice either fashion, or usability/reliability/functionality. It comes down to a mindset of just how prepared you are to actually use a concealed carry weapon in a bad situation.

blue
    1999 TransAm

...i think ed is talking about this product in particular? Modular Belly Band | Crossbreed Holsters® Belly Band

...IDK, it is endorsed by rob pincus,... maybe this is a safe mode of carry, but i still would have concerns about ease of draw/reholster...assuming it rides above the beltline?

...but, ...the comment of "i am in california"... that is a poor excuse!

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Yea, believe it or not we have beaches here in WI as well with over 1,000 lakes. I live 3 blocks away from lake MI. And we actually have warm weather too.... for a few months out of the year anyway.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I understand the suggestions. But never carried except OWB when I was working. So all I have to go by is how I wear my clothes.
    Of course that could change once I try to carry. The P239 may not work as I expect and a new toy will have to replace it.

Thread Information