Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

blue
    2001 silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Crazy stuff. I've had it happen a few times (I almost always sit in the car when wife goes in the store) Sometimes it turns ugly, but the last time it happened the guy just turns around to look at me, I'm waiting for a response and he just walks off.
    And that's the problem, alot of people just don't give a rats arse.
    Someone keyed your car with you in it? Holy cow. Not sure i coulda been nice. Thats just nuts. But shows you have a coold head. Or he was huge lol.

Quote Originally Posted by smokestack View Post
    Someone keyed your car with you in it? Holy cow. Not sure i coulda been nice. Thats just nuts. But shows you have a coold head. Or he was huge lol.
    No, I should have been more clear. That person opened their door and banged the car, so I opened mine and banged them back. I've done that a few times.
    Whether it's scratches, door dents etc..it's all just plain stupidity from a growing number of society that just doesn't give a shit. It's why most of my nice stuff stays in the garage nowadays.

Black
    00 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I understand the frustration. I have no tolerance for it either. I've had people bang their door against my car while I'm sitting in it. Once they shut their door I open mine and slam it into their car while they are still standing there.

Good response!!!

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I think the best is when you park away from everyone else, and there is almost always a retard who sees you park way out in the lot, away from others and that same retard says "ASSHOLE" as they walk past you. Or, the retard starts with the smartass remarks about how you are snobby like Vette owners. I will never understand folks.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Sorry your car got key'd man. A few times I've had people slam their doors into mine while I was in it. When i confronted them, they're always like "I did? I didn't hear anything." not once did i get an apology, but I must've freaked them out the way i jumped out of my car looking pissed hahaha

Quick tip, try using semi-heavy amounts of mother's wax on your car. I wax mine every 4-6 months and It has been doing me wonders cause when people DO slam their doors on my car, there aren't any paint marks. I would hope the same thing would happen if someone keyed the car, but keying a car definitely has more pressure put onto the surface so i don't know..

black
    2000 Z28

Thread title should be followed by " so I shot them "

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

For the best looking repairing, obviously repainting is the best option. If you have comp coverage on your insurance policy that is always an option.
    Or you could go heavy handed with the touch-up paint, wet sand with 1500 grit and then compound and polish.

2002 Trans Am WS6 - Red
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ

You know I have never been keyed until I bought my Trans Am. I parked way out in from everyone else and some had to park next to me with his big a$$ truck. Which didn't bother me, but he left a note saying " can't you park with the rest of the ppl? " Then I notice the key mark on rear quarter panel above the wheel. Ever since then I tend not to drive and park anywhere. Sorry to hear about yours. People don't care now days about someone else property. Thats why insurance companies are in business. I work for one and we make money hand over fist.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrillakilla13 View Post
    Sorry your car got key'd man. A few times I've had people slam their doors into mine while I was in it. When i confronted them, they're always like "I did? I didn't hear anything." not once did i get an apology, but I must've freaked them out the way i jumped out of my car looking pissed hahaha

Quick tip, try using semi-heavy amounts of mother's wax on your car. I wax mine every 4-6 months and It has been doing me wonders cause when people DO slam their doors on my car, there aren't any paint marks. I would hope the same thing would happen if someone keyed the car, but keying a car definitely has more pressure put onto the surface so i don't know..
    I have done the same as you say! A good polish followed by a good wax and it ''helps'' against ''some'' scratching! Ive seen evidence of this on one of my quarter panels and once on the fender the only reason it didnt leave a scratch was that the key or whatever slipped and slid because of the wax Now im sure if they stood there and had time to really apply pressure it would be worse but to my joy the marks came off with the next polish/waxing....KEEP IT WAXED..it helps! If not your trusty Ar-15/ AK-47 will do!!!! Theres nothing like a good ol 762 to keep the haters away!

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

silver
    2000 camaro ss. 2002 pont

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Never thought it would happen but as I was cleaning the windows today I saw it on the driver side rear fender just behind the door. Anyone have any luck with any products out there? Most of it is only paint deep with a few pits going past that. I'll post a pic later today.
    When i was in highschool i had a awsome 87 black iroc. i was sittin around with about 8 friends lookin out the window and i saw two guys i know from school that hated me about to stab my tires with a knife. well all eight of us made it otside and they ran away pretty fast from us lol.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by wands View Post
    When i was in highschool i had a awsome 87 black iroc. i was sittin around with about 8 friends lookin out the window and i saw two guys i know from school that hated me about to stab my tires with a knife. well all eight of us made it otside and they ran away pretty fast from us lol.
    did you get them back??

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Never thought it would happen but as I was cleaning the windows today I saw it on the driver side rear fender just behind the door. Anyone have any luck with any products out there? Most of it is only paint deep with a few pits going past that. I'll post a pic later today.
    Hey man i was looking for scratch repair for my little guy that i have on my drivers door from a ding that happened from a bunch of fat people coming out of a van. this stuff looks pretty promising. watch the vid

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

^ watched video,looks like it would work,i dunno? ..for smaller stuff like rock chips etc i saw a drcolorchip video that looks promising too? i guess its worth a try if it doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

OP posted this thread almost a year ago and has not been back. I wonder if he ever got it fixed.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

This is all you need..

Good one smittro, I loved this commercial the first time I saw it. Everyone needs a trunk monkey.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Yeah Smittro thats too funny........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information