Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I'm running AlkyControl's methanol injection system. It's a great set-up. Frost recommended it and actually stated that he recommends running meth on ALL FI cars. It definitely helps.
    I heard good things about that system... What did you have to do to put it in the car? Also, did you have to modify the existing fuel system to support it? Don't know much about it so sorry if the questions seem a bit noobish

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by NeeD4SpeeD View Post
    I heard good things about that system... What did you have to do to put it in the car? Also, did you have to modify the existing fuel system to support it? Don't know much about it so sorry if the questions seem a bit noobish
    The pump itself mounts behind the driver's side headlight. I have a pic in my thread of it. I'm running 62 lb injectors and a Racetronix fuel pump with their hotwire kit. With the power you'll have, you will definitely need (2) in-tank pumps or maybe even a separate fuel cell located somewhere for fuel delivery. You will need to calculate your injector size. There is a formula for it.

You definitely want enough fuel when the car is demanding it.

The methanol tank has different options. I opted to use the windshield wiper tank. You can either buy a new, already modified tank for the methanol or you can send in your existing stock washier tank to be modified. The tank itself is about a gallon and a half (I believe).

With the Alky kit (the best there is), it also has low-level indicator lights showing when the tank is getting low and system ready lights. When the system is armed, a light will light up letting you know the system ran a self-diagnosis and is working. When you start to go from vacuum to boost, a light will indicator that the system is ready and while you are in boost and using methanol the light lights up also. Depending on whether you use a lot or a little the light turns white or green. There are a total of (2) lights. Mine are mounted right above my cigarette lighter (pics of that also in my thread).

I am not sure what would be different running as much power as you intend though.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

All of my Alky controls are mounted inside my glove box. On the main control switch there is also a "test" button you can push. When you push it the system injects a small amount of methanol into the system. You can see the change in your wideband when this happens. It's usually a good idea to test the system prior to taking the car out and getting on it just so you know it's working properly. You test it while the car is at idle.

silver
    Blazer SS

I got my kit from Bob. I have a 402 Ls and an F1A. I picked the F1A procharger because the F1R needs a ton of RPM's to get into it boost. I am currently running 10 lbs of boost an it hits 10 LBs at 3000 RPMs. I made 705 RWHP with a 4L80 and a DTS 12 Bolt. I have a ton more in the car and at 15 LBS my tuner said I would be around 850 on pump gas (93 Octane) and no Meth! The Car is wonderful on the street and should be killer on the track. Here is the first and last Dyno Pull. We shut it off at 6700 RPMs.

Car has Texas Speed 1 7/8 headers and a custom Y Pipe with an SLP Muffler

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

look up travis weston i think is his name. He has the GTO that made over 1100 to the wheels with the ls7 and a F1r. There videos of it on youtube.

Beautiful ride man and congrats on the numbers!!! I want ot be as close to the 1000 mark as possible and also would like to not get there by waiting for the SC to hit 6K to activate. I need to look in the the FI side of my build a bit more... It's still premature. Been focusing mainly on getting the components for the LSX block i figured the Procharger would be the very last step

Quote Originally Posted by matt evans View Post
    look up travis weston i think is his name. He has the GTO that made over 1100 to the wheels with the ls7 and a F1r. There videos of it on youtube.
    Thanks man... Going to see if i can find it now!

I tried to look it up man, couldnt find it on youtube.

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

here you go thats from his youtube channel.

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

this is a better video

Shiiiiiittt... Pretty damn impressive... Now thats what i'm looking for... I saw the other day on you tube, a 402-427 F1A corvette making i think 1100RWHP and 1020RWTQ, no time slips or anything. But from the comments i read they said they frequently do 400+ mile cruises and never have any issues... That would be my ultimate goal... 1000+ HP & TQ with street drivability! AND OF COURSE a SICK 9s car

Here's the video

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

that guy lives about a mile from me and he can drive it anytime he wants to on the street.Last i heard he got around 23 mpg out of it but the motor he had in it blew. I think he going with a different motor now, my buddy jr is friends with him, he knows more about it then i do.

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

I like prochargers and all but im more for the magnuson roots style blower. More torque at the bottom end. To each is own but thought id put this up here for you to see to.

I thought the 408 was a bit too little for the power that car was making... That's why im going with the 427LSX iron block... Figured it could take anything i threw at it plus some top notch internals..

That awesome tho, 23mpg with that beast... Sucks he blew the motor on such a gorgeous build...Shame

I like prochargers and all but im more for the magnuson roots style blower. More torque at the bottom end. To each is own but thought id put this up here for you to see to.
    Well, isnt this just giving raw HP/TQ numbers since it's only the motor hooked up to the dyno where at that vette i posted made 1100RWHP and 1020RWTQ? What i'm thinking is that the video is just giving the hp/tq numbers minus the 15% drive terrain loss...

Regardless, very impressive numbers... Do you think that the roots style will start up quicker as far as the HP/TQ is concerned vs. the F1R?
    '

I just re watched both videos and saw the roots made top TQ and HP at a lower RPM then the procharger.. Something to consider for sure Thanks for posting it.... I like getting good info that will help me make a better educated decision!

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

Im big into the maggies because when you but it, it allready comes with the fuel pump,injectors, and throttle body and you dont have to run a special balancer if you dont want to just depending on what numbers you want to run. its all in persoannel preference. the maggie in a f-body requires a some modding to the windshield cowl for it to clear and i think a 1/8 drop of the k member but you dont have to change out your fans to use it ether.

Im big into the maggies because when you but it, it allready comes with the fuel pump,injectors, and throttle body and you dont have to run a special balancer if you dont want to just depending on what numbers you want to run. its all in persoannel preference. the maggie in a f-body requires a some modding to the windshield cowl for it to clear and i think a 1/8 drop of the k member but you dont have to change out your fans to use it ether.
    Interesting....How is the price/performance of that compared with the Procharger?

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

from the way i look at it, the maggie is the cheaper route to take because you dont have all the extras to buy like the injectors and the ati balancer and what not. but i still think it runs around 6k. As far as power goes procharger makes more power in the upper end. You just need to see what rpm range your looking to run in.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by NeeD4SpeeD View Post
    I just re watched both videos and saw the roots made top TQ and HP at a lower RPM then the procharger.. Something to consider for sure Thanks for posting it.... I like getting good info that will help me make a better educated decision!
    Of course it does, it's a root's style blower whereas the Procharger is a centrifugal blower. A centrifugal you build boost as the RPM's rise. The higher the RPM, the more boost. A root's style will build boost much lower, creating more torque on the low end.

Many people for practical purposes like the Procharger because a normal street car cannot begin to think about traction already running any kind of boost. So, having even more torque down low would be a waste.

Which makes me think...I really don't see how a 1000+rwhp car is going to make any traction on the street.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information