Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black
    2004 GTO A4

You are correct Orion. After looking at it again, I cranked the crap out of it and it did open. Thanks. Even the lock smith couldn't open the door.

Much appreciated.

Now I will look at adjusting the hood a bit

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    yes....and it takes a good amount of force to do it. You basically turn it past the electronic portion of the lock to get to the mechanical portion. When mine did it I thought I was going to break the key off......I gave up a few times and finally said screw it because something was going to give. Went back out and put some balls behind it and it unlocked.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by surfinjoe View Post
    You are correct Orion. After looking at it again, I cranked the crap out of it and it did open. Thanks. Even the lock smith couldn't open the door.

Much appreciated.

Now I will look at adjusting the hood a bit
    good....glad you got it open. The funny thing is if you need to open it with the key again......it won't take as much force this time.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Did the same thing when I had the ignition lock snafu (the first time). Got some channel locks and said fuck it's going to turn or break. It turned finally. At least the keys are pretty stout

Black
    2004 GTO A4

Now I need to figure out why the alarm keeps being activated by the hood. The other thing is that now my auto headlights will not shut off and my fog lights won't work. Did I fry something?

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

If you adjusted the hood, and the alarm still sounds, and your lights are acting funky, sounds like the BCM is malfunctioning.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

I will look into that. Thanks! BTW - I love your rims. What brand/size are they? I am also thinking about throwing on a heads/cam package on my 04. The issue is that I have the A4, so I would need a new torque converter with a higher stall. That just adds to the cost

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    If you adjusted the hood, and the alarm still sounds, and your lights are acting funky, sounds like the BCM is malfunctioning.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Thanx. They are Stern ST-1 in hyperblack. 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear. 35mm backspacing in front and 38 in back.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

I just found a post on the other GTO forum that talks about the BCM wiring harness rubbing and exposing wires. I guess the wires are behind the glove box. I think I will try that fix first.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I just found a post on the other GTO forum that talks about the BCM wiring harness rubbing and exposing wires. I guess the wires are behind the glove box. I think I will try that fix first.
    Yes. I found that as well. I wrapped a wire in electrical tape as the insulation was cut down to bare wire. My right turn signal used to blow fuses two years ago and after I found the thread and wrapped the wire in electrical tape, no more issues.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

wow i never thought this could be the problem!
    few says ago i disconnected the battery on my car cuz i was going out of town, when i got back i find out i couldnt open the door with the keY, i thought some one messed up with and broke it or some thing.. i had to get in fro, the back.. when i connected the battery the problem was one..
    .lol..

Black
    2004 GTO A4

Every once and a while, my temp gage peggs itself for no apparent reason, then goes back to normal. Sometimes the radio gets really loud, then goes back to normal a second or two later. Sometimes my dome light works, sometimes it doesn't. Now my auto lights do not shut off EVER. I sure hope all of this is due to bare wires and is an easy fix....if not, ?????

Yes. I found that as well. I wrapped a wire in electrical tape as the insulation was cut down to bare wire. My right turn signal used to blow fuses two years ago and after I found the thread and wrapped the wire in electrical tape, no more issues.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Every once and a while, my temp gage peggs itself for no apparent reason, then goes back to normal. Sometimes the radio gets really loud, then goes back to normal a second or two later. Sometimes my dome light works, sometimes it doesn't. Now my auto lights do not shut off EVER. I sure hope all of this is due to bare wires and is an easy fix....if not, ?????
    There is a TSB on the temp gauge as well as the fuel gauge not reaching "full" when you refuel. I believe you have to remove the correllating fuse for a few seconds and turn the car to "ON" without the engine running and I "THINK" it will reset the gauge cluster. As for the dome lights and auto lights, your BCM might be on the fritz and need to either be reprogrammed or replaced. A case relearn with a Tech2 scanner should help. Too bad only GM dealerships have those scanners.

phantom black
    2006 GTO

hey guys i hv an 06 and hv had battery issues but i simply put the key in and the door unlocks. The stupid thing is I can not unlock the driver side door with the remote. The remote only opens the passenger side. WTF. There is a post I saw on how to correct this type of problems But I can't find it.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I am thinking you may have a BCM issue. Possibly a partial short.

Black
    2000 WS6

Just came back to this thread to see how it was going.
    Some time ago, we used to open door locks with a tennis ball.
    I think it's even on you tube.
    Drill a dime size hole in one, place the drilled hole over the key hole and press the tennis ball fast hand hard.
    It does actually open the lock.
    Be who you are and say what you feel 'cause people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind.'
    -Nowhereman

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I have never heard of that.

Thread Information