Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Good to hear everyone and again thanks for the patience to those that haven't gotten their order yet or received half... we are working on them!

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    same, got the on car adjustable, with the roto joints
    I got the same after UMI fixed my order. Great customer support and fitment!

LS6 Intake, LS6 VCT, E^2 Catch Can, Hooker LTs and ORY, Magnaflow Cat-Back, 3" QTP electric cutout, UMI adj LCA, PHB, 3 pt SFCs, STB, MGW Shifter, SLP lid and bellow, Free-Mods, Tuned by BlueCat

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

you got yours on already? i may do mine tomorrow...depending on my sleep schedule

LPM
    2000 Z28

Yeah my lca's and panhard bar are installed. Sfc's should be here Friday. Hoping to get them on before a local streetcar shootout that night.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

ok so the bushing end has a grease fitting...what kind of grease should I use?

I have regular lithium and marine
    Last edited by Spikito; 09-15-2011 at 10:20 AM. Reason: regular, not white

LPM
    2000 Z28

I used marine in mine as that's what's it calls for in the instructions. Both ends should have grease fittings

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

no mine have the roto joint on one end, bushing on the other. my instructions just said "grease" no specifics

UMI 82-02 GM F-Body on Car Adjustable Lower Control Arms [2013] - $209.99 : KY SPEED, Performance Parts for Corvette, Camaro, Firebird, GTO, G8, TBSS, Mustang, Challenger, Charger
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013.jpg  

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Use the marine grease, my set of instructions recommended it too. I also have the same set.

I also recommend using some blue loctite to help keep the spanner nuts from backing off. Remember to recheck after 100 miles. The bolts need to be torque to 70 ft lbs.
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 09-15-2011 at 01:40 PM.

LPM
    2000 Z28

no mine have the roto joint on one end, bushing on the other. my instructions just said "grease" no specifics
    I know. I got roto/poly ones as well. But both the roto-joint and poly have a grease fitting. Marine is what you were looking for though.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I must be blind....click the pic I posted, and tell me where it is, lol.

ive read 72lb, and 75lb....then i also saw to go to 100 if theyre two noisy, but i dont know if the meant squeeks, or road noise.

i may sound like a dumb ass....but what side some the washer go on? i think its the nut/threaded side....just wanna be sure

LPM
    2000 Z28

Lol the pic is a rod end and a poly end. You said you got the rotojoints. They have grease fittings. My install sheet said 72 ft/lbs and I don't have any washers with mine. You sure got the rotojoints?
    Last edited by derekbuckner1; 09-15-2011 at 06:55 PM.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

UMI's on-car adjustable lower control arms are supplied with a spherical rod end and polyurethane bushing combination. This set-up is designed for street performance and street enthusiast. The polyurethane bushing end is designed to be bolted to the vehicle chassis side while the Roto-Joint attaches to the rear end side. Since the polyurethane bushings are softer they are designed to absorb more road noise and shock before it enters the passenger compartment of the vehicle. The adjustment of the control arms allows them to be adjusted longer or shorter moving the rear end back or forward to squeeze those larger tires in the fender wells. Adjustable control arms are also recommended for most aftermarket rear end installs to center the rear end and prevent tire rubbing. These control arms feature on-car adjustability. Making adjustments is as simple as loosening two jam nuts and using UMI’s chrome moly on car adjuster. Simply turn the adjuster with the control arms attached to the vehicle to quickly lengthen or shorten the control arm to the desired length. Control arms are CNC machined and TIG welded for superior strength and perfect fitment.

copied from the webpage....

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

mine looks almost just like that, but it the joint at the bottom is narrower and the sleeves are wider

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

mineClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Resampled_2011-09-16_00-03-30_788.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	22895Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resampled_2011-09-16_00-04-24_109.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	22896

LPM
    2000 Z28

I think that's the same thing I ran into. I had to change my order after checking the part numbers. Kyspeed's descriptions were a little off. The picture in the link and yours are both rod ends. I'd call UMI and have them explain the differences. They're said to be a little louder in regards to road noise but after installing mine I picked up a little noise as well. Let me know what you find out, and I hope everything works out

What Spikito has is a Rod end, what Derek has is a Roto-Joint. The rod end has a self lubricating liner in it so as the bearing moves the rod ends will lubricate themselves. The Roto-Joint takes grease to keep the lining inside lubed. Spikito part # is 2013 and Derek's is #2039.

I hope this helps!
    Ryan

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

oh ok....well on the KYspeed website, it says part number 2013 have rotojoints.

i included the page, and quoted it above

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

installed....

went in pretty easy, they came set to factory length, i checked, but when I actually put them in, I had to extend them about 3/16ths to fit, other than that it was a breeze, and looks great

installed....

went in pretty easy, they came set to factory length, i checked, but when I actually put them in, I had to extend them about 3/16ths to fit, other than that it was a breeze, and looks great
    When you unbolt the rear end from the control arms the rear end will move. Most likely what happened is the rear end moved back making it appear as the control arms are too short.In this case I recommend pushing the rear end forward to line up the bolt holes. I am sure its not going to hurt anything the way it is but if you have time or have to unbolt them for some other reason I would correct that.

Thanks again!
    Ryan

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

well since i have the on car adjustable, cant i just pull it back forward that way?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information