Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

are the numbers correct? also yes a lightweight flywheel will help rwhp..same as any lightweight part...the lighter it is..the less power is need for it spin..= more to the ground..but those numbers are ungodly high.

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    Well...................did you buy from the previous owner or a used car lot?
    If you bought from the previous owner directly, why not ask/contact him and asked all what he had done to the car?
    Wish i could, but i got it from a dealer

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    Well...................did you buy from the previous owner or a used car lot?
    If you bought from the previous owner directly, why not ask/contact him and asked all what he had done to the car?
    Wish i could. Got it from a dealer though.

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    are the numbers correct? also yes a lightweight flywheel will help rwhp..same as any lightweight part...the lighter it is..the less power is need for it spin..= more to the ground..but those numbers are ungodly high.
    Yea I know, they are high. Maybe got me a vette motor Haaaaaa. That would be just too cool. But my luck doesn't run that way.

I guess I could take it to another dyno. I don't want to keep poppen $75 just to see though. My main goal was to get a base with the mods already done. Then hit it again after cam, intake...heads to see the difference.

I could even get a tune in a box and save the tune on it now just as i would anyway. Then dyno with the same guy, and if there is any improvement. Then I would know it had a tune already there. But that would be $$$ down the drain if that was the case.

Red
    2001 ws6

there all vett motors.......and the reason for the high numbers is either 1. the dyno is messed up or 2. theres work on the car you dont know about

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

The numbers do seem high. Hopefully, they are spot on and you have a trully monstrous freak motor. Somthings that could have happened though are that those are not corrected numbers, or that you have something like a LS6 cam or some other small mod that is hard to detect.

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    there all vett motors.......and the reason for the high numbers is either 1. the dyno is messed up or 2. theres work on the car you dont know about

Red
    2001 ws6

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

damn nice azz numbers ya got there.

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    The numbers do seem high. Hopefully, they are spot on and you have a trully monstrous freak motor. Somthings that could have happened though are that those are not corrected numbers, or that you have something like a LS6 cam or some other small mod that is hard to detect.
    Yea, that is what I will have to figure out. Cause they do seem high to me too... especially after going through the numbers thread.

Is there a way to tell if it has the ls6 (corvette) intake from the top side?

Black
    2000 T/A

Hey, i think some one is calling you

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by fbodynut View Post
    Yea, that is what I will have to figure out. Cause they do seem high to me too... especially after going through the numbers thread.

Is there a way to tell if it has the ls6 (corvette) intake from the top side?
    There is I just can not remember exactly how to tell you, if you do a search I know it has been answered before. Even with a LS6 intake those numbers are still about 20 horses high for a strong stock bottom end. Mine put up aroung 350 when I was just exhaust, lid, and a tune. It is possible that you are running uncorrected numbers and it was a nice day for the car. I would also take a look at the heads be thankful if you see a 243 casting number on them (check on the front passenger side). My first guess is you might have a hotcam or some rockers arms. Most of what could have been done is all guess work.

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    There is I just can not remember exactly how to tell you, if you do a search I know it has been answered before. Even with a LS6 intake those numbers are still about 20 horses high for a strong stock bottom end. Mine put up aroung 350 when I was just exhaust, lid, and a tune. It is possible that you are running uncorrected numbers and it was a nice day for the car. I would also take a look at the heads be thankful if you see a 243 casting number on them (check on the front passenger side). My first guess is you might have a hotcam or some rockers arms. Most of what could have been done is all guess work.
    So for the first two pulls, then my numbers don't seem that far off. It was just that last pull after a cool down with the shop fan giving her a blow job for about 15 min. Is there a way the dyno guy could have hit a button/ accidently changed something before the last run?

I am going to have to figure it out though, cause if it has a decent cam in it already, then I sure don't want to get another if this one wil do the job.
    Time to do some MORE research!!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Looks like a stock LS6 with longtubes to me.

Great numbers, regardless of how you got to them.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

oh really..i wasnt aware that the ls6 was a option in f-bodies

blue
    99 firebird formula 06GTO

Ive heard you can go back to the same dyno the next day and have a 25 hp difference on the same car.

Black
    2000 T/A

853 on the heads.
    I will see what I can find on the intake.

Thanks for the help guys.

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Looks like a stock LS6 with longtubes to me.

Great numbers, regardless of how you got to them.
    Yea, wouldn't that be nice if somebody stuck one in there.
    Good numbers they are.....But I want them honest....Accurate,ya know??
    If they were 20 lower, then I would be happier than I am now, cause I would be more confident of the accuracy.

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    oh really..i wasnt aware that the ls6 was a option in f-bodies
    ls1's are vett motors, yes or no? there was NEVER a 2000 trans am with a ls6, yes or no? i rest my case

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

ls1's are vett motors, yes or no? there was NEVER a 2000 trans am with a ls6, yes or no? i rest my case
    Correct no Fbody came from GM stock with a LS6 motor (maybe some oddball thing that is super rare and I don't know about it). I would think there are quite a few LS6s installed in Fbodies though. With the crate motor only costing 3k which is almost the same price as the LS1 crate. Not to mention for the later models (01-02) the only real difference is the cam and heads, not to much to change.

Having the motor gain 20 RWHP on the same day with just cooling off makes me wonder a bit about the dynos consistency. Might be normal, but seems very odd if nothing else changed. In the end it is just a tuning tool and a number. The numbers that are important are how the car performs and how happy you are with the way it drives. Just by the looks of the curve I would guess it is a small cam, close to the LS6 or hot cam, but that is just me with a quick guess. You might have ported heads is another reason.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information