Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by clint195 View Post
    Thanks. I called them again yesterday asked if they cud go ahead and lower it on the factory bolts since it is on the lift they said no prob. I think i will wait till friday before i start bugging them again i have been after them everyday since i bought it. I have been searching alot on vette forums and i am just worried about supercharging it. I guess i am a paranoid person being that my warranty will not be honored if something goes wrong.
    Same with the tranny too. its not gunna be a DD is it?

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisZ06 View Post
    Congrats. on the Z06! If you know how to drive a stick then an auto is not faster. But I know your not the first and you wont be the last to do this mod. Have fun with it.
    Its way more consitant, and thats what drag racing is about.

Red
    2001 WS6

Not a dd. I think rpm does warranty there work but with them being 750miles away from where i live i dont see me saving to much money. Them im not worried about but owell its just money not much you can do about it. I guess a forged motor would have to be in the works if anything.

Red
    2001 WS6

But then again on 6psi they say i sould be ok. Im not going to run the car to hard or at least that is what i tell myself.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by clint195 View Post
    But then again on 6psi they say i sould be ok. Im not going to run the car to hard or at least that is what i tell myself.
    Good luck with that. let us know how well that plan works out for ya

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    Good luck with that. let us know how well that plan works out for ya
    I know who am i kidding. Next thing i will be posting is another speeding ticket.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Glad to hear that you are having it lowered. You might want to tell them how much though, and to cut the "spacers" or they'll jusy turn the bolts and you'll be lucky to get more than 1/2".

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Glad to hear that you are having it lowered. You might want to tell them how much though, and to cut the "spacers" or they'll jusy turn the bolts and you'll be lucky to get more than 1/2".
    So tell them to cut the spacers? I just wanna make sure i get this right. I take it you cut them when you did yours? I am trying to acheive that look.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

When I did mine, it was a very detailed procedure. First all four corners were measured for ride height, then each end (front then rear) were done. There are rubber "ribs" on the outer casing of each spacer. 4 total, I cut the spacer down by 3, leaving 1 for the reasons I mentioned earlier. Then each corner was measured again to make sure that each corner was lowered by the EXACT amount I desired. Remember my friend, this is a precision automobile. If you don't cut the spacers, you'll only be able to get around 1/2" drop at best, as I mentioned prior.
    Last but not least, let it settle for a few days before getting that alignment.
    Note: This is a time consuming procedure that took us about 2 hours to do. It isn't just raising the car and turning a few bolts as you may have read, or thought.

White
    09 G8 GT

I can totally see the reasons for the auto swap.....I mean yeah manual is fun as shit but basically you got a screamin deal on practically a brand new car with 505 HP already....and he's gonna put a supercharger, new transmission AND a stall all included with the 60k price tag? I'd jump at that too! (not that i can afford it lol im just saying)

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    When I did mine, it was a very detailed procedure. First all four corners were measured for ride height, then each end (front then rear) were done. There are rubber "ribs" on the outer casing of each spacer. 4 total, I cut the spacer down by 3, leaving 1 for the reasons I mentioned earlier. Then each corner was measured again to make sure that each corner was lowered by the EXACT amount I desired. Remember my friend, this is a precision automobile. If you don't cut the spacers, you'll only be able to get around 1/2" drop at best, as I mentioned prior.
    Last but not least, let it settle for a few days before getting that alignment.
    Note: This is a time consuming procedure that took us about 2 hours to do. It isn't just raising the car and turning a few bolts as you may have read, or thought.
    Ok now i totally get. Thanks

Millennium Yellow
    '02 Corvette

Its way more consitant, and thats what drag racing is about.
    You might want to read what I wrote again. I said if you know how to drive a stick then an auto is not faster. ie, if know how, then you are going to be consistant also. If your an amateur then yea an auto is better and more consistant.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

You might want to read what I wrote again. I said if you know how to drive a stick then an auto is not faster. ie, if know how, then you are going to be consistant also. If your an amateur then yea an auto is better and more consistant.
    Oh i read it. Im sorry but there is no way a person (stick) could be as consistant as a computer (auto). Unless something breaks (which then in both cases it would be bad) a computer is going to be way more consistant. They shift at the same point every time. there is no way for them to "miss" a shift, over rev, or put it into the wrong gear. These are all things that at one point or another most racers have done. just my .02

Millennium Yellow
    '02 Corvette

Oh i read it. Im sorry but there is no way a person (stick) could be as consistant as a computer (auto). Unless something breaks (which then in both cases it would be bad) a computer is going to be way more consistant. They shift at the same point every time. there is no way for them to "miss" a shift, over rev, or put it into the wrong gear. These are all things that at one point or another most racers have done. just my .02
    I think you are completely missing what Im saying.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

I think you are completely missing what Im saying.
    So then are you talking 1/4 mile, top speed, road course,etc??? i guess i had just assumed that you meant drag racing. maybe my bad.

murdered out 06 z06

my z was lowered too but had to raise it back up because it kept scraping on my driveway and my front splitter piece started to come off

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by issues View Post
    my z was lowered too but had to raise it back up because it kept scraping on my driveway and my front splitter piece started to come off
    Are you referring to the underside piece? Surely you couldn't mean the part that attaches to the bumper could you? Because when I think of the term "Splitter" the first thing that comes to mind is the Splitter on the front of the ZR1 that replaces our rather flat spoiler.
    I'd be bummed if I had to raise mine back up again...
    I know of a few guys that simply trimmed an inch off of the piece under the car to keep it from scraping, maybe you could consider doing that if that is indeed the part that is scraping, if it is the outer spoiler, then I guess you had no choice.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by issues View Post
    that good sir blows ...i assume your referring to the air dam that is under the car..it pushes the air up against the radiator...the black hanging thing on our bird and maros too ??

murdered out 06 z06

im talking about the piece that attatches to the bumper not the underside air dam

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Bummer!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information