Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

white
    2007 FJ

Thank you
    We will be measuring once, twice and so on. I am prepared to alter the tunnel and already knew I needed custom drive shafts. I will be looking at a complete donor, but want to be sure I can get somewhere near a 4 to 1 transfer case. That's why I am also looking at an atlas, which would give me a 3.88 to 1.
    I am not so concerned about the front dif at this point. My wheeling consist of finesse driving and not so much mashing the skinny pedal. If I get to the point where my front dif will be in s, I will consider doing a SAC conversion, or maybe just a "more stout", ifs. Afterall, An IFS buggy, won the 2011 King of the Hammers race in Johnson Valley California. If IFS, can hold up to the brutal beating that race puts on it, then I am confident I could build it to hold up on the FJ . Since this is really, phase one of the project, when this is done I will have a better picture of what my limitations are. I'm sure, once I feel it's potential, my goals will escalate. Besides,,, I always need to do some type of project LOL
    Thanks for your encouragement . There is a member of one of the forum I am on, that has done about $20,000 of upgrades to his FJ Long travel, rear dif, s/c gusetting etc, that I am in private communication with, about this project. He will be very interested to see me make it work and knows I will do it, with my track record, already. This is all part of my homework and I figured you guy would love to see the thought process and progress, with the build.
    Thanks
    Don

Sounds like you know what you are getting into. I'm going to be converting a 2nd or 3rd gen camaro in a yr or two but that's a cake walk compared to what you are undertaking. Good luck with it.

white
    2007 FJ

Thanks
    WOW It takes a long time to get pots approved here. They must be short handed LOL
    I think I have 2 waiting for approval

- - - Updated - - -

That was suppose to say POSTS LOL

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f75/ws6-fo...re-body-71662/ I know this prob won't help you much, but it is a very interesting read, and inspiration. I enjoyed the heck out of it. You could start your very own build thread.

white
    2007 FJ

I just got reading the entire thread> the build is entirely different, but shows what can be done, for nothing more than a want to do it. I was pleasantly surprised to see there were only 1 or 2 haters.
    I am glad I threw out my plan here. I got very good questions and suggestions. I will do a complete build thread, as my progress starts.
    Thanks all

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Subscribed! Nice FJ! Almost got one myself.

Went with a Hummer instead.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

white
    2007 FJ

Thank you
    Everyone picks what suits them. That "variety thing", is the spice of life.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

This is going to be interesting, i believe anything is possible, it's all about imagination and the your talent and if you are into something the talent comes out. Subscribed!!!!!
    ingalls torque dampner, bmr drag bags, bmr sfc, harrop diff cover, pedders bushings, lingenfelter cia, kooks signature coated headers, kooks catted mids, kooks street screamer 3'' cat back, billit catch can, magna charger super charger, tuned byReckart in Austin,tx 535wrhp and 525rwt, at 7 psi.

I've done a few LS retro swaps but I'm not familiar with the Toyota's or FJ's at all....

I finished my 1st gen Blazer LS swap a little over a year ago and drive that everyday, and hit the trails around Sedona and the Bradshaws, but it wasn't nearly as involved as I see this Toyota being,,,with everything on a smaller scale, things that need upgraded,,,you are going to have your hands full with this one.

I did a 6.0 with a 4L60, kept the stock 205 case as it's bulletproof, and I still run the stock diffs front and rear since they are strong enough for what I do. I still got into fabbing mounts, exhaust, electric fans, custom harness and a few other little things, and including the donor engine and building a stout 4L60 to take abuse I spent over $7k easily.

Not sure what your budget is but I see this build going well beyond what I spent. Goodluck with it though, should make a real sleeper out on the roadways

white
    2007 FJ

I would love to see your Blazer sometime. It sound like you had a similar dilemma , with the lack of available power. You are correct, I will have my hands full. If this was easy, I would already be seeing swapped FJ's, on the road . Reading your reply actually even gave me more inspiration, because you have done something close to what I am doing.
    My budget isn't set yet, but I know it will far exceed the cost of your build. I am actually ok with this. It was either this, or begin the hunt for a new truck. The new truck barely has a journey involved. Either way, I will be paying the piper.

Thanks for the reply . I hope to discuss this with you in person sometime.
    thank
    Don

Sounds good Don. I'm down in Phoenix quite a bit, and have driven the blazer to the Scottsdale Pavilions cruise on Saturday evenings on several occasions. I usually hit that cruise a couple times a month. Tempe is a stone throw from there.

white
    2007 FJ

I just drove through the Pavilions, Saturday night. I was smelling leaded gas and listening to the rumble, of muscle
    It was an inspiration, for sure
    I set up Pavilion meets with some of my off-road buddies too .

Copenhagen Blau/Black
    88 Porsche 951/07 TBSS

Awesome! An LSx makes everything better

black cherry
    1939 Chevy

Yes they do! LOVE THIS SWAP!

Copenhagen Blau/Black
    88 Porsche 951/07 TBSS

Updates???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information