Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    If you buy ANY model of Steve's amps and are not happy which won't happen PLEASE let me know and I'll buy them from you immediately.

I talk with him at least once a month he is a Very cool down to earth guy.

If your not familiar with the awesome things he has created take a few min. and read this page.
    http://www.zedaudiocorp.com/aboutus.html#History
    Will do

Black
    02 Trans Am WS6

For SQ - XTANT (Before the MTX acquisition), ADS, and old PPI

For DB Drag - MMATS Professional, US AMPS, Lanzar OPTI's, and ORION (Old School)

I Miss my Pyramid 12,000 watt amp. It was Kewl. 4 channels, dual VU meters, 30" X 15"....it was a monster in its day

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

this one does the job well for me:
    http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...US&series_id=8

My actual power #s are between x2-x3 the rated power ratings.
    here is a thread on that subject... lol (my #s are higher... )
    http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/forum...TOPIC_ID=24266
    Last edited by Eugenio_SS; 05-29-2008 at 09:53 PM.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

i was always VERY happy with my kicker zr series amps....sound quality and easy of use.....i had a few of the kicker amps below the z series as well and had good luck with them as well

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    i was always VERY happy with my kicker zr series amps....sound quality and easy of use.....i had a few of the kicker amps below the z series as well and had good luck with them as well
    Kicker mono amps are the best bang for buck..I got the 750 zx and it bumps out almost 920 watts rms. They bench way more than they say.

red
    2002 ss camaro

THE OLD SCHOOL PHEONIX GOLD MPS 2500 RAN IT AT A HALF OHM WITH 3 4 OHM 12'S AND RAN IT ALL DAY LONG HARD FOR 10 PLUS YEARS. IT IS IN MY CLOSSET RIGHT NOW BUT i COULD HOOK IT BACK UP AT ANY TIME AND IT WOULD STILL BE PERFECT i BOUGHT IT IN 1992 AND HAVE USED IT HARD TILL 2005 AND IT IS STILL ALMOST PERFECT KEEP IT CLEAN. THE BADDEST AMP EVER FOR THE MONEY. IS HIGH CURRENT 100 WATT AMP BUT AT 1/2 OHM WAS PUSHING 850 TO 3 12'S WITH 1 FARAD CAP.

black
    2002 trans am ws6

soundstream xxx no doubt power tested at 7k watts and will take 0/2 wire had 1 on 4 solo 12s pulled 150s on dash also the the jbl crown amp is a bad one on a side note neither will fit in a f body

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

I've been out of the car auido scene for a long time-- Back in High School - I could talk car audio jargon / lingo with the installers in the high end shops. And could talk circles around Best Buy and Circuit City type guys.

I thought that was what I was going to do with for a profession. But I decided to serve my country instead. Ended up loving it, and 10 years later I'm still in the USAF.

Anyway---

Back in the day early to late 90s)--- Rockford Fosgate was top dawg.
    I know now they are more of a "punch" line than anything (Pun intended)

I remember Orion and Soundstream and Phoniex Gold being Good stuff too..

Now,, who I couldn't tell you..

My last car audio equipment was bought in probably 2002 - It was Audibahn and it was pretty nice stuff. Amazing speakers.

-- I know I added absolutely zero valuable info to this topic, but I just wanted to remember the good ole days..

Mystic Teal/Chameleon grn
    1998 TA

so a little off topic, but i want to completely redo my sound system (speakers, tweeters, sub, amp). I dont know where to start. I dont want over the top expensive but i do want nice. Any suggestions and pictures? This will be on a 98 TA. And where do you put subs if you want to still be able to take the tops off.....or can you...

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Earthquake PA-4300 3000+watt's RMS

Biggest amp ZED Audio ever made.
    3100+ rms power at a mere .018%THD

Good luck finding a set of worthy subs!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-O-S-Earthqu...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-O-S-Earthqu...QQcmdZViewItem
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Impounded

white
    1999 trans am

directed 1100d is by far the best sub amp i have ever had.

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

Is hifonics good? Anybody have any actual experience with em?

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Ive been happy with my Alpine stuff, i dont know much about the oldschool amps but i do hear that stuff today is garbage compared to the early 90s(when i was born hah).

But i do consider myself pretty knowledgable when it comes to audio stuff of today, because i used to be into audio when i started driving(now im just more into other aspects of my car), just never had the money to buy the things i wanted. What pisses me off more than anything though is when i was in highschool i used to hear kids saying OHHH i got this 2000w amp and its SOOO loud. I say let me hear it, and its so distorted i just wanna break their amp. No one understands RMS or anything about amps/subs. I play my little single sub/amp and it blows their 2000w MONSTER system away. I by no means have the loudest or best but the ignorance of so many people around me aggravates me haha. Rant over.

I always compliment people when i hear a loud but clear setup, its just rare around me.

Jiuce it 'till it pings!! 97LTWON's Avatar

Midight blue
    1999 Z28

I am gonna have to chime in on the "all the new stuff is Jap Crap now". I couldnt agree with you more on the crap thats being sold these days. Not unless it is the high end Zapco stuff or Mcintosh, Brax, etc,etc. But to correct you, the old Kenwood amps that you referenced were ALL MADE IN JAPAN back in the day. Nothing is made in Japan anymore, it is all made in Taiwan, and Korea now in days. Now that stuff is complete garbage. They dont manufacturer anything in Japan anymore because the parts are too expensive to use and the labor as well. Right now my system in my camaro consists of ALL Late 90's Sony ES and XES pieces that where all MADE IN JAPAN. Just look up reviews and articles with the old scool ES products and you will see that they were parallel and or exceded performance from Mcintosh! I used to subscribe to AS&S (auto sound and security for years just to read the pros reviews. One of the best sub amps you ask.......The Crossfire CFA HC60. AS&S used to use it as there test amp for sub tests for years so i took it for a test drive. Clean as hell!!! Pure class A signal path. Anything that is "true" Class A is the best in my opinion as long as the power suply is Bi-polar instead of mosfet. The sound is soooooooooo transparent. Again bro, ANYTHING THAT WAS MADE IN JAPAN was and still is the SHIT!!!!! All old school Kenwood, Pioneer,Harman Kardon,Sony ES(elevated Standard) and dont forget Denon kicks complete ass!!!
    Oh and one more thing that i need to get out of my system while im here, The sail panel is the panel above the door panel and or inbetween the window and side window defroster when your door is closed. Take it off and look at it. It looks like a sail! Hence the description "SAIL" panel. The door panel is not called the sail panel, it is called a door panel. And the back panel or "B Pillar" panel is called.........the back or rear panel, or B Pillar panel, not the "sail" panel. I know i will get some flack for posting this because it has nothing to do with amps, but everytime i see someone ask about puting 6 1/2's in the sail panel or asking if they can put subs in thier sail panel and or someone correcting somebody about using the sail panel for subs i either laugh or just shake my head. Sorry for the hijack. SAIL PANEL looks like a...........................SAIL.Just ask a Proffesional installer, not someone from Frys, curcuit city,good guys, or the local auto sound place that sells the "2000 watt amp and sub package for $189 installed". HeHe.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Ls1_385hp_T/A View Post
    OldSchool REAL HiFonics is yes VERY GOOD. You want Series VII or VIII. I have a extensive collection.

They were bought out as everyone was in the early/mid 90's.

ZED Audio that I have referred to extensively made ALL the real HiFonics amps. They are very desirable as you will see if you look on Ebay.

What are you looking for an amp for mids and tweets or a sub amp.

If it's a sub amp your looking for and not needing to run a 2 ohm load you can't go wrong with the ZUES. Most referred to it as the "Voice Coil Fryer".

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

I got a five channel ppi in the ta kicks ass ($2500) it powers a 10 kicker square sub diamond audio 6's with tweeters for the front and back very loud and clear....I put a alpine v 12 in my mustand with a 10 inch rockford punch and boston acoustics 5x7 sounds awesome also not as clear as the ta though and in my montero sport I have an infinity amp for the front and rear and a punch amp bridged with a 12 inch punch for the sub also pretty clear and very loud..

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    Ive been happy with my Alpine stuff, i dont know much about the oldschool amps but i do hear that stuff today is garbage compared to the early 90s(when i was born hah).

But i do consider myself pretty knowledgable when it comes to audio stuff of today, because i used to be into audio when i started driving(now im just more into other aspects of my car), just never had the money to buy the things i wanted. What pisses me off more than anything though is when i was in highschool i used to hear kids saying OHHH i got this 2000w amp and its SOOO loud. I say let me hear it, and its so distorted i just wanna break their amp. No one understands RMS or anything about amps/subs. I play my little single sub/amp and it blows their 2000w MONSTER system away. I by no means have the loudest or best but the ignorance of so many people around me aggravates me haha. Rant over.

I always compliment people when i hear a loud but clear setup, its just rare around me.
    I don't know shit about the stuff in the early 90's(look at my age lol), but I really like Alpine's stuff, at least the upper end Alpine. I agree though, it pisses me off to hear people talk about their amps with their MAX power ratings. People think they can turn their gains up all the way and everything will be crystal clear. That's not how it works. I've spent good money on my system and I have crystal clear sound without having my amps turned up all the way. Oh and it does get LOUD. I have yet to find a system around here that rivals mine in clarity.

My Neighbors Hate Me!!! lvbroham1's Avatar

Artic White
    2001 Chevy Camaro SS

If it's hard hitting bass, I'd say a pair of 10inch Rockford Fosgate HX2's would definetly do it (I think they've discontinued and changed these speakers to the T1-2's). A buddy of mine used to have 4 of them in his 89 iroc-z, literally they would take your breath away.

Black
    02 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by greenTA View Post
    so a little off topic, but i want to completely redo my sound system (speakers, tweeters, sub, amp). I dont know where to start. I dont want over the top expensive but i do want nice. Any suggestions and pictures? This will be on a 98 TA. And where do you put subs if you want to still be able to take the tops off.....or can you...
    There are several options.

I have a box going up for sale soon, that sits on the rear ledge. This one's square, and only 7" tall. Fits 2 12" Premier Flat subs (1400 watts each)
    I just made a newer slanted box to show off the subs at this years shows, that sits on the ledge. No interference with the T Tops.
    The other option is to purchase a pocket well sub that sits in the empty pocket on the drivers side. You can fit a 10" sub in there. Boxes range in price, depending on how fancy you go. I would recommend getting a High Powered 10" sub, and drive it with a CLEAN AMP, with decent power (400w RMS range).

One clean high powered 10" sub can sound better than many pair of 12" if you do your homework first.

The other option is to replace the factory sail subwoofers with an aftermarket high performance sub, the EU700's.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36813

There are also companies that make a dual 12" box with clearance for your t-tops to sit in the well, but they don't lock into place, and you have to slide them down on one another. Not sure how good this would be.
    I like everything to stay put when I drive...so that's why I built my own ledge boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ls1_385hp_T/A View Post
    A buddy at work was Hifonics crazy, and bought some of their newer amps.
    I wasn't impressed. Yes, they had lots of power, but sure did distort alot. I would rank them with Rockford of current day.
    Good Heaters for your car. That's about it.

C
    Last edited by Trickytransam; 07-12-2008 at 04:21 AM.

Black
    02 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    If you buy ANY model of Steve's amps and are not happy which won't happen PLEASE let me know and I'll buy them from you immediately.

I talk with him at least once a month he is a Very cool down to earth guy.
    Is he the same gent that I can get idle current for a USA 2150 amp that says "ZED AUDIO" on the board?

I repaired an amp that was fried by a buddy of mine, and it ran for almost 5 years with just ballparking the idle current. It since has toasted one channel again, and I'd like to get it back up and running, because for a little 300 watt amp...it REALLY kicked. Good Sound quality too. Low tolerance capacitors and resistors, good power torroid...really built nice.
    If you speak to him, could you ask him if that was his design, and if he's willing to give me the idle current spec so I can get rockin?
    Thanks!
    C

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information