Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tire Dressing

Red
    2001 ws6

subscribing

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I got hooked on this companys products. I think the trim shine is the best shit ever made. Especially for use on the (forgot what it's called) area between the hood and windshield. For tires...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Using the "Black Magic Tire Wet" shit slings all over everywhere...so I go out to the www.detailhomo's.com and read many of these "pro" detailers use Zaino Z6 on their tires......any of you guys use it for tires? If not...what do you use that doesn't sling all over the side of your car?
    wipe it on with an applicator.

Silver/Black
    1995 Z28

The Zaino Tire dressing is the best I have ever used. One coat for new black or 2 coats for shiny black. If any of you guys have ever used a tire dressing and after a some time, days or weeks, your tires start to have a brown tint on them; well that is the product you used pulling the natural oils out of the rubber. Zaino Tire dressing won't do that and it lasts for months if your ride is just a weekend cruiser. That stuff is great.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by radome View Post
    The Zaino Tire dressing is the best I have ever used. One coat for new black or 2 coats for shiny black. If any of you guys have ever used a tire dressing and after a some time, days or weeks, your tires start to have a brown tint on them; well that is the product you used pulling the natural oils out of the rubber. Zaino Tire dressing won't do that and it lasts for months if your ride is just a weekend cruiser. That stuff is great.
    It doesn't spin off or dry out the rubber like most other tire shines either.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    I got hooked on this companys products. I think the trim shine is the best shit ever made. Especially for use on the (forgot what it's called) area between the hood and windshield. For tires...
    Click for full size
    Aside from just the tires, I use the Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Gel on the black textured plastic between the hood & windshield; makes it look beautiful!!!

The Red Reaper 98Z28importslayer's Avatar

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 T-Top A4

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    wipe it on with an applicator.
    like third shift said you need to put it on with a applicator. I use black magic tire shine, it looks and works awesome for the price (i buy it from the dollar store for $3 a bottle) i spray the shine onto a cotton terry applicator pad then rub it onto the tires. Its Quick, Cheap, Easy just make sure your tires are mostly dry or it can look bad when your done.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I might give the Black Magic tire shine a try. I haven't used any armor all products since 97 when my dashboard had cracked.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

Hey Sarge, i Use the Armor All "Extreme Tire Shine Spray'', if u use it correct, it wont sling all over, i tryed the gel, im not a gel kind of guy, but yea, u can get the stuff at walmart for like 5 bucks.. its worth it, Im a Armor All FAN, use it on everything.

Sarge ''91''

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by 98Z28importslayer View Post
    like third shift said you need to put it on with a applicator. I use black magic tire shine, it looks and works awesome for the price (i buy it from the dollar store for $3 a bottle) i spray the shine onto a cotton terry applicator pad then rub it onto the tires. Its Quick, Cheap, Easy just make sure your tires are mostly dry or it can look bad when your done.
    lol, $3 at the dollar store...i think you overpaid

I might give the Black Magic tire shine a try. I haven't used any armor all products since 97 when my dashboard had cracked.
    i wouldn't use Armorall on a my 89 topaz

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

i dont know about you guys but i dont really like my tires to have the "wet" look; i'd rather them just be dark black. ive been meaning to try this stuff, heard good things about it.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    i dont know about you guys but i dont really like my tires to have the "wet" look; i'd rather them just be dark black. ive been meaning to try this stuff, heard good things about it.
    Click for full size
    I like to stay away from the Gel. There messy IMO, and it's so easy to over-apply the gel which results in that caked on unnatural look. I prefer the sprayers.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    Click for full size
    I have heard that stuff is really good.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Click for full size
    Stoners invisible glass is pretty good but the picture of the tire on their can of tire shine looks nasty-like someone put baby oil on it.

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    I have heard that stuff is really good.
    yeah its suppose to be more of a dye.

98 SGM Z28
    98 SGM SS Hardtop #23

Yea I normally use the Black Magic tire shine myself and it works good, but your right it does have a tendency to sling itself all over the car. I still like it better than Armor All though. I hate Armor All.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

bottom line is that if its a spray its probobly gonna get on your car, if not from flying off the tired, just from spraying. I stopped using the spray shit b/c it always go on my car even if i used towels to cover the area....I use meguiars tire gel,....the stuff is good. the trick is 2-3 LIGHT coats....if you put it on heavy it will sling ....its all in the application

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    bottom line is that if its a spray its probobly gonna get on your car, if not from flying off the tired, just from spraying. I stopped using the spray shit b/c it always go on my car even if i used towels to cover the area....I use meguiars tire gel,....the stuff is good. the trick is 2-3 LIGHT coats....if you put it on heavy it will sling ....its all in the application
    i agree. . . with spray you at least get it on your wheels accidently. gel you can put it exactly where you want it. and sense i dont like em that wet looking. . . i always wipe the tire with a rag no matter what im usin

red
    2001 v6 camaro

http://people.consolidated.net/cargo...d_jet_wet.html

iver swore by that stuff forever. dries quick, doesnt sling off, and even lasts through a rain or two.

10's N/A

IDK, I guess i'm the only one that can spray it carefully and apply it without getting it on the car or wheels. I've been using the spray for years.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information