Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ASh302 View Post
    UPDATE: so Monday when I was suppose to take the T/A to the body shop a bad Ice Storm hit where I live in Texas and I wasn't about to drive it there, also the body shop was not open because of the ice on the roads. I think asked if they would be open today and they are not, still some ice, but clearing up. So tomorrow should be the day will be dropping it off.
    Next is my painting idea's that I keep having. I'm the type that does not like to pay twice for something (meaning on this have it painted one way and then change my mind and have it done a different way) and so I was throwing other ideas out there.
    The factory color was silver on this T/A and some of the emblems on the doors and rear are still that silver color. Also who ever had it painted, did not have the engine bay painted and it is silver still. So my thought was is still do the strip and instead of a point like shown in the pictures do it rounded on the front bumper where it follows the line and have it painted the factory silver color. nothing else would be painted on the mid section or the spoiler.
    Down the road I'm planning on switching rims to either silver or chrome rims, so it will go with the blue and silver.
    So we will see this is the plan as of right now that I'm thinking about and being that the engine bay is still silver and I just think it would go better with the car and be a change.
    Let me know what yall think.

ASh
    You say the original color "was" silver. What is the color of the car now? Did they shoot the door/trunk jambs?

Silver for a 2-tone is always a nice color to go with if the other color is dark. Since silver is still in the engine bay, it would go well with a silver top when you open the hood (if bottom of hood is still silver as well)
    Then it would appear that the 2 tone was actually added to the lower sections of the car rather than the top (since it's a different color like black or blue or.....) and the car being silver originally.

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I like the concept of the Yellow one that you posted with one exception. The point on the nose, something just bugs me about it.
    Yeap I'm not feeling the point, but it is still not bad, but for me there is a round curve on the T/A front bumper we have that will follow it nicely around

ASh

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    You say the original color "was" silver. What is the color of the car now? Did they shoot the door/trunk jambs?

Silver for a 2-tone is always a nice color to go with if the other color is dark. Since silver is still in the engine bay, it would go well with a silver top when you open the hood (if bottom of hood is still silver as well)
    Then it would appear that the 2 tone was actually added to the lower sections of the car rather than the top (since it's a different color like black or blue or.....) and the car being silver originally.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f98/new-ft...x-area-181033/

here is my start thread show you the color

hope these posted up, if not there is the link

ASh

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f98/new-ft...x-area-181033/

here is my start thread show you the color
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

hope these posted up, if not there is the link

ASh
    Okay, since they took the blue into the door jambs, if the Silver that is planned comes down far enough, I'd also take that through the door jambs following the break for a nice finished look, which goes with the silver inside the engine etc... If it were me...

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Okay, since they took the blue into the door jambs, if the Silver that is planned comes down far enough, I'd also take that through the door jambs following the break for a nice finished look, which goes with the silver inside the engine etc... If it were me...
    sorry yes like you said, they did do the door jams in that blue. I am trying to get the picture in my head of what you are saying. what for sure has to be painted is the front bumper, hood, and fenders, everything else is not covered on the insurance claim. I was planning on going with the curve on the front bumper in front of the nostiles that makes the U on the front bumper in the center.

ASh
    2002 auto T/A custom blue, Moser 9in rear end with 31 spline axle and 3.73 gears, Diablo Sport InTune, SLP LM1 catback, SLP lid & bellow, ram air free mod, eibach pro kit springs, bilstein hd shocks, bmr rear sway bar, bmr 2pt SFC bolt on, silver checker stripes 17x9.5 C5 Vette rims.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Have you considered just painting the cowls/nostrils, rather than a solid stripe? So basically, it would be two stripes along the hood, not unlike the 35th anniversary Camaro, but instead of continuing down the bumper, the stripe just stops when it gets to the edge of the "nostril."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	54.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	26131

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Have you considered just painting the cowls/nostrils, rather than a solid stripe? So basically, it would be two stripes along the hood, not unlike the 35th anniversary Camaro, but instead of continuing down the bumper, the stripe just stops when it gets to the edge of the "nostril."

I have thought about that, I'm going to need to figure out everything tomorrow, while I am there, I believe I really want to go with silver. now if I really wanted to I'm sure I could find that in a silver decal and have it put on, got a amazing guy that can put decals on clean looking. I'm going to be looking through the web at some T/A pictures and see what I find. love that T/A you posted, beautiful love that color a lot

ASh

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Good luck. As Jeff and I always say, it's just money. You'll make more if you end up not liking your decision

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Good luck. As Jeff and I always say, it's just money. You'll make more if you end up not liking your decision
    I will say that is pretty much true, lol

ASh

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Just wanted to update, I order that stripes kit in the silver met color, so just have them put on when its done being painted. I like the checker look and also the stripes go all the way to the rear of the car, so it be nice. I finally am going this direction.

ASh

blue
    2002 Trans Am

here is a picture of it

ASh

blue
    2002 Trans Am

T/A is dropped off, found out that I will have to wait 30 days after it is painted, before I can have the decals put on, so that the paint can set

ASh

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I'm a fan of the checkered flag emblem for obvious reasons

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I'm a fan of the checkered flag emblem for obvious reasons
    yes I love how they did the Camaro SS stripes,
    first fbody I drove was a auto 35th edition Camaro SS, we would take the T-tops off, was so much fun driving that thing,

ASh

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Just wanted to update, I order that stripes kit in the silver met color, so just have them put on when its done being painted. I like the checker look and also the stripes go all the way to the rear of the car, so it be nice. I finally am going this direction.

ASh
    Oh, snap! Glad I posted it, then! Glad to be of help.

And I agree: sunset orange is probably my favorite color for these cars.
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Oh, snap! Glad I posted it, then! Glad to be of help.

And I agree: sunset orange is probably my favorite color for these cars.
    Yes thank you, I have seen those before, but when I saw it again, it made me think.

Already ready to get the car back, lol 9 more days, well hope before that, 10 days is what the insurance company gave them to get the job done.

ASh

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Well got the T/A back today and was really happy with how it came out, it is cold and raining today, so got some shots, very happy, the decals will get put on later, so that the paint can cure itself.
    Anyways, thought I would share.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

ASh

blue
    2002 Trans Am

some more shots
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

ASh

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Looks good

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Looks good
    Thanks for the comment, the checker decals are going to really make it pop IMO, can't wait to get them on

ASh

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information