Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Exhaust :)

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybz28 View Post
    Thanks

Should be re-dynoing in a week or so, I'll post new dyno sheets with this and a ported tb.
    What was your last exhaust setup? Catback? Do you have previous dyno sheets? If you do this would be an awesome oppurtunity to overlay your previous dyno with the TD over a CB dyno so we could see if there are substantial under the curve gains! MOst TD setups gain a few peak HP but alot swear about gaining 10-12 under the curve I would love to see an overlay proving that! Good luck looks great!

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post
    What was your last exhaust setup? Catback? Do you have previous dyno sheets? If you do this would be an awesome oppurtunity to overlay your previous dyno with the TD over a CB dyno so we could see if there are substantial under the curve gains! MOst TD setups gain a few peak HP but alot swear about gaining 10-12 under the curve I would love to see an overlay proving that! Good luck looks great!

I had a magnaflow catback and LPP ORY. I do have a dyno sheet from when I was tuned with it

Corrected

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

one question....where the HELL can i buy these things, lol

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Yes, and I understand you guys need the merge. But technically it's not "true" duals if it shares exhaust across the banks is all I was saying. I was'nt trying to piss him/anyone off..
    I asked a genuine question(no pissy undertones here), I don't get on the rag until well today-dammit.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    I asked a genuine question(no pissy undertones here), I don't get on the rag until well today-dammit.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Man you woul dbe doing all of us a BIG favor if you get your new dyno to overlay this one so we can all see the gains, especially the important ones you should see under the curve. Any chance of getting the shop to do that and posting here?

I had a magnaflow catback and LPP ORY. I do have a dyno sheet from when I was tuned with it

Corrected

Click for full size

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post
    Man you woul dbe doing all of us a BIG favor if you get your new dyno to overlay this one so we can all see the gains, especially the important ones you should see under the curve. Any chance of getting the shop to do that and posting here?

If the dyno day is at the shop that I dyno'd the last time I can definitely ask them to do it

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

so im about to get a 00 SS.....weekend cruiser type thing.....would you recommend this exhaust?

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I'm lowered on Strano springs

...most true dual setups either have an x pipe or an h pipe

You can't have 2 straight pipes on a newer motor because it will screw the compression up, this isn't a 60's muscle car.
    Uhhh, wrong. There is nothing on the exhaust side, from the heads back, that will do anything to alter any vehicles compression.

The X or H pipe will help balance exhaust flow. For any car, not just newer V engines. On most engines, there will always be some exceptions. Depending on the set-up/engine combination/body platform, either an X or H will help low to mid range torque over duals with no crossover.

BTW, your duals look nice, but I would like them to exit over the axle out the back. I'm sure it sounds great with the no mufflers/LT headers!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Uhhh, wrong. There is nothing on the exhaust side, from the heads back, that will do anything to alter any vehicles compression.

The X or H pipe will help balance exhaust flow. For any car, not just newer V engines. On most engines, there will always be some exceptions. Depending on the set-up/engine combination/body platform, either an X or H will help low to mid range torque over duals with no crossover.

BTW, your duals look nice, but I would like them to exit over the axle out the back. I'm sure it sounds great with the no mufflers/LT headers!
    Agree! ..and to add the internal combustion engine has remained relatively unchanged for over 100 yrs.. The internal combustion engine world did'nt fall to it's knees when the lsx line was invented.. ALL 4-cycle engines from one year to the next are generally just updated versions of the same "old" thing.. Suck-squash-bang-blow....
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-30-2010 at 07:44 PM.

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Made a mistake, but still do not think that the LS motors can handle straight pipes from the headers ... no?

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Made a mistake, but still do not think that the LS motors can handle straight pipes from the headers ... no?
    sure they can.......btw, i love the sound....i think i wanna do this to my truck...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

I'm lowered on Strano springs
    Click for full size

doens't look lowered due to the gap in teh wheel well... look at mine and compare the gap in the wheel wells to yours... how much did you lower it??? i've got a 1 1/2"-2" drop...

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Click for full size

doens't look lowered due to the gap in teh wheel well... look at mine and compare the gap in the wheel wells to yours... how much did you lower it??? i've got a 1 1/2"-2" drop...

I put a 1.5" spacer due to clearance issues. I do have strano springs and kyb agx's but the spacer makes it look higher.

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Pictures before and after the spacer:

Before spacers:

After:

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i see...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information