Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    EE i dont know too much about evo's but it sounds like to beat thoses car you should be runnin 10's in the 1/4?? does that sound right?
    Gallardos run 11s and so do C6 Z06s (stock).... dont refer to Ranger's 10second run (read Street Lethal's post, which is dead on btw).

My car before the new mods ran 11.9@118. That was with barely launching the car. I went off the line quickly but did not do a full out launch. My 60" was only 1.82. I now have a bigger turbo and a lot more boost. Thus the car is significantly faster than it was before, especially top-end.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Gallardos run 11s and so do C6 Z06s (stock).... dont refer to Ranger's 10second run (read Street Lethal's post, which is dead on btw).

My car before the new mods ran 11.9@118. That was with barely launching the car. I went off the line quickly but did not do a full out launch. My 60" was only 1.82. I now have a bigger turbo and a lot more boost. Thus the car is significantly faster than it was before, especially top-end.
    So what kind of WHP is it putting down??

What is is running in the 1/4??

The C6Z has a much better powerband, 200+lbs less weight, much better aerodynamics, better gear ratios, and much better top end power and top speed. Plus they put down 430WHP bone stock.

So like I said, I call bullshit. Make sure the guy actually takes it out of 6th gear next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    So what kind of WHP is it putting down??

What is is running in the 1/4??

The C6Z has a much better powerband, 200+lbs less weight, much better aerodynamics, better gear ratios, and much better top end power and top speed. Plus they put down 430WHP bone stock.

So like I said, I call bullshit. Make sure the guy actually takes it out of 6th gear next time.
    Weird, I didnt see that coming. I havent been to the track or dyno yet. Apparently the Z doesnt have much better top end since it could not pull me. I may be racing a 455rwhp Head/Cam full bolt-on TransAM this week so Ill let everyone know how that goes.

MikeSomething and I messed around a little yesterday, he can confirm how nasty the EVO is at the moment

BTW, my car will put down more than 430whp.. thats guaranteed.

I really could care less what you think. Your opinion is biased, ignorant, and meaningless. Not even LS1 guys listen to you half the time. I guess maybe youre still made about being kicked off LS1tech 3 times yet I have not. Stop going off topic BTW. Thanks. Bye.
    Last edited by EE1983; 05-14-2007 at 09:36 AM.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

drama

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Despite popular belief.. the C6 Z06 is not unbeatable. Good job EE.

Just ignore him and lets keep the thread open to discussion.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

good kills ee.

id like to see some vids of ur car (not for the sake of argument, just for fun)

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    good kills ee.

id like to see some vids of ur car (not for the sake of argument, just for fun)

Well, after this weekend and racing that badass LT1, a Lambo and C6Z, I will be keeping my gf's camera in the damn car from now on. Vids will come!

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post

yeah i know everything else is in the 11's or soo....but the c6 z06 is in the tens with just dr's (fact)...i.e. its def a ten second car from a roll especially at those speeds...
    Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Despite popular belief.. the C6 Z06 is not unbeatable. Good job EE.
    it is in my world.....
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

I believe it 100%
    I raced a red evo this weekand, not sure the year or mods. All I know is we ran from a 20 mph punch and I couldnt pull away like I wanted. I beat him, but by less than 1 car. One missed shift and I would have lost. We went to around 100 mph. I am gaining more and more respect for the evo's. They are a contender. We all just have to except that. Lots of potential.

Nice races, by the way.

yeah i know everything else is in the 11's or soo....but the c6 z06 is in the tens with just dr's (fact)...i.e. its def a ten second car from a roll especially at those speeds...

it is in my world.....

Read Street Lethal's post regarding the Z as a 10 second car. One guy did it and since then no one has come even close to duplicating it. Most guys are running mid 11s at 124-125mph.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

it is in my world.....
    The C6 Z is NOT a 10 sec car. One guy has got a 10 sec run or 2, with dr's. And it took him alot of tries. Everyone else runs 11.3-11.5's, especially with street tires, And by the way, the Z is beatable, we all are.

Thanks Preston. BTW, I know this is somewhat off topic but feel absolutely free to post more pics of whats going on in your avatar. I might do a tasty avatar like that.

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1
    but the c6 z06 is in the tens with just dr's (fact)...i.e. its def a ten second car from a roll especially at those speeds...
    Blackz, Ranger's run is very questionable. We didn't see the numbers directly after the run during that video, and even if it did run that 10.8X, simple tuning would catapult the C6-ZO6 into that time zone, but that, referring to simple tuning, wouldn't make it stock then. I have yet to see a bone stock, straight out of the dealership, w/o tune, w/slicks, run that number. NEVER seen a C6-ZO6 run sub eleven second times, and I watch them run every single week. Vette Doctors bring out the heavy artillary when they run, and none of them run that number, stock....

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1
    it is in my world.....
    It's very beatable. Any car can be made fast, especially a non-LS7 Corvette ( .....

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Shit sounded like you had some fun EE!!!!! Damn i wish i could get into some action like that around here!!!!!

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

all right...let me just clarify something here......

stock means stock. dont get cute about it.

drag radials are different from true slicks, very different.

i read in c and d that the z06 ran an 11.8 on street tires. say what you will, but i dont think a set of drag radials will put it in the 10s, then again, every car is different, every driver is different.

at the speeds EE raced at, tread type doesnt mean shit and i dont care who disagrees. even the mighty z06 isnt gonna spin em too bad at 70+ mph.

im not suprised EE pulled on the gallardo, all they are is a waste of a few hundred thousand dollars...no biggie.

how about just once, we give the benefit of the doubt. im pretty sure he isnt bragging here. would we all be kind of suprised if a z06 was alittle behind us?

LOL @ all of these revealing avatars. You guys trying to out-do each other...?

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    LOL @ all of these revealing avatars. You guys trying to out-do each other...?
    i just thought she looked like a classy lady....

that i conveniently wanted to nail.

*but most likely never will*

Need to start avoiding some of you guys when I'm home, or else the wife would be like, ..... LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch
    i just thought she looked like a classy lady....

that i conveniently wanted to nail.

*but most likely never will*

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information