Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Depends on the Blower (IE KB, Eaton, etc...) and displacement of the blower. I've seen as big as 3.4Liter blowers, thats as big as a honda motor I would guess prolly around 8XX hp or so. Skys the limit with all cars if you have the cash. Go to SVTPerformance forums and ask, someones had to do it
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Depends on the Blower (IE KB, Eaton, etc...) and displacement of the blower. I've seen as big as 3.4Liter blowers, thats as big as a honda motor I would guess prolly around 8XX hp or so. Skys the limit with all cars if you have the cash. Go to SVTPerformance forums and ask, someones had to do it

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

^ Should I take that as good or bad? I know alot of Cobra owners swap Turbos on them to make gobs of power Its like any car, you gotta pay to play Just nice to come FI from factory.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Figured you posted that after seeing my post in this thread about my friend running a Whipple 3.4L on his Marauder. I've seen it first hand, and helped him push the car from the 60' mark off the track when he snapped the 31 spline Moser axle in half...twice!

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

id think higher than 8xx.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I was just using a estimate on a normal build. Obviously you could get into the thousands if you went all out on everything just like a LSX.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    So what does a full bolt on, heads/cammed termi dyno?

Highest E/I/C/H LS1 I have seen was 488 I believe.
    Friend of mine had 2 of them, and without much effort at all they were both over 600 rwhp. Didn't even have to get inside the motor, no heads, no cams, very little money.

I can't remember the exact number it made but I know the car eventually dipped into the 10's on a drag radial and launching easy, crappy 60 foot times but it would run a stupid mph for a street driven car. I know it was well over 130 mph, but I just can't remember exactly.

We used to run head to head in my chevelle, and at the time he was running in the low 120's for mph and running low 11's. I was running low 11's but at 118 mph. We'd go heads up and I'd 60 foot him horribly, and he would have to chase me all the way down. The win light went in either way.

But all he had to do was crank the boost up, and a few more tricks later I couldn't touch it. Power adder cars are tough to beat.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Friend of mine had 2 of them, and without much effort at all they were both over 600 rwhp. Didn't even have to get inside the motor, no heads, no cams, very little money.

I can't remember the exact number it made but I know the car eventually dipped into the 10's on a drag radial and launching easy, crappy 60 foot times but it would run a stupid mph for a street driven car. I know it was well over 130 mph, but I just can't remember exactly.

We used to run head to head in my chevelle, and at the time he was running in the low 120's for mph and running low 11's. I was running low 11's but at 118 mph. We'd go heads up and I'd 60 foot him horribly, and he would have to chase me all the way down. The win light went in either way.

But all he had to do was crank the boost up, and a few more tricks later I couldn't touch it. Power adder cars are tough to beat.
    Only thing I don't agree on sir, its going to take a lot of money to make 600hp. I was looking into buying one that had the following:

Eaton S/C
    Stage 2 cams
    Steeda intake
    Pulleys
    Headers
    Full exhaust
    Tune

and a bunch of little shit and it made 6XXhp. That takes some serious cash for "Most"

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    So what does a full bolt on, heads/cammed termi dyno?

Highest E/I/C/H LS1 I have seen was 488 I believe.
    The thing you have to realize with Cobras is they're Quad Overhead Cam motors, so doing the same mod on a Cobra and a LS1 is about twice or three times the work.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    The thing you have to realize with Cobras is they're Quad Overhead Cam motors, so doing the same mod on a Cobra and a LS1 is about twice or three times the work.
    not to mention the price of mods....it may be a bad ass car, but that shit is expensive as stated before..

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If you want to play....you have to pay.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Only thing I don't agree on sir, its going to take a lot of money to make 600hp. I was looking into buying one that had the following:

Eaton S/C
    Stage 2 cams
    Steeda intake
    Pulleys
    Headers
    Full exhaust
    Tune

and a bunch of little shit and it made 6XXhp. That takes some serious cash for "Most"
    Hmmmm.....

An Eaton S/C comes stock on a Terminator. However, I don't know of any Eaton-equipped cars that make 600+ RWHP.

Cams are totally unnecessary in these cars to make stupid power. Waste of money and rare for a Terminator to actually have them.

There is no "Steeda Intake" for a blower car. Perhaps you meant Cold Air Intake (CAI)?

Pulley'd Eatons don't make 600+ RWHP.

Headers help a lot. However, they are typically considered part of a "full exhaust", such as what you have listed below headers.

Tune is absolutely necessary.

Anyway.....600+ RWHP on pump gas is obtainable with a KB or Whipple blower, exhaust, and a tune. A decent turbo setup would of course also do the trick, but is generally more expensive and complex. A KB or Whipple is essentially a bolt-on.

Eaton S/C
    Stage 2 cams
    Steeda intake
    Pulleys
    Headers
    Full exhaust
    Tune

Naaa, to take a factory car and make more than 600 rwhp for very little cash outlay is nothing when you compare it to starting from scratch. You mentioned a camshaft swap, and that kind of power from a termi doesn't need a camshaft swap to get to those numbers, like I mentioned my buddy never got inside his motor, so there is a big price descrepancy there.

Spending $2-3,000 or more on a car for HP is chump change. It costs more than that just to build a motor without a power adder. I think most of the younger crowds idea of tossing money at a car is several hundered bucks, but lets face it,,,,that doesn't get you very far with much of anything these days. Just to help put things into perspective here is an example of both of our cars.
    My chevelle has a $9,000 motor in it, (and I assembled it) and it's still naturally aspirated. A $1,000 converter, in a trans that I also built, and I have more than $1,500 sunk in the rearend (that I also assembled)
    So in a nutshell,,,,that's all just parts costs. All the labor is me. In my 4,108 lbs. car it's netted me bottom 11's at close to 120 mph, and makes 640 HP dyno'd at the flywheel. That's just the basic stuff, I won't even get into the money I spent on other things to make it all work, and I've far surpassed what you can spend on a termi and make even more power.
    Like I said, he never had to get inside the motor to make that power, he has simply bolted on parts and tuned it to make more HP than I have,,,,and yet has spent less than half of what I sunk into mine.
    Power adder cars make it look so easy it makes you sick.

To get a naturally aspirated LS1 to make those numbers would be difficult if not impossible, and you would spend 3 times the money doing it. That's the point I was trying to get accross.

Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    not to mention the price of mods....it may be a bad ass car, but that shit is expensive as stated before..
    Expensive is a relative term. Everyones idea of expensive is completely different. And with most people on here wanting to do things on the cheap, I can see where $2-3,000 is excessive for most, but to be honest, even that amount of money won't get you far if you want to get serious about HP and do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    If you want to play....you have to pay.
    Exactly, this hobby is expensive, there is no way around it. Spending a few hundred here and there doesn't do much in this hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Hmmmm.....

Anyway.....600+ RWHP on pump gas is obtainable with a KB or Whipple blower, exhaust, and a tune. A decent turbo setup would of course also do the trick, but is generally more expensive and complex. A KB or Whipple is essentially a bolt-on.
    Exactly right. Bolt on a Whipple or KB, some other minor things with a tune and you're in business.
    It's not that much cash outlay for the power level you accomplish. Like I said, these power adder cars make it look easy. Try that with the 14.7 atmosphere god gave us and you will spend some serious coin. Much more than you'll spend modding a termi.

I think that's what these guys are having a hard time grasping.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    I really wanted to buy a termi and test drove a couple of them and driving my friends for a day really put me off. The clutch is extremely stiff, sitting position was terrible and had to reach forward to get to the shifter and just couldnt picture myself doing this as a DD car. When i threw it into a corner the rear end didnt communicate well and the car just felt heavy to me. Is it a great car for the money and especially the amount of power you can get out of it, no doubt. In the end i bought another camaro and never looked back, its just preference.
    I agree. I took one out for a day and brought it back because it felt very awkward to drive that car. It was fast but i need a little more than just speed. A little boost on an LS1 and problem solved. lol
    2002 Camaro SS/M6. Volant CAI, 80mm TB w/spacer, cat delete w/ ory, borla XR-1 w/ cme, custom tune, 3.73's, 8,000k HID headlights and foglights, 19" staggered ruff 278 wheels.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Expensive is a relative term. Everyones idea of expensive is completely different. And with most people on here wanting to do things on the cheap, I can see where $2-3,000 is excessive for most, but to be honest, even that amount of money won't get you far if you want to get serious about HP and do it right.

Exactly, this hobby is expensive, there is no way around it. Spending a few hundred here and there doesn't do much in this hobby.
    Hell, even a few thousand here and there doesn't do much

Torch Red
    2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1

Kinda off subject a little, but...

I am not up to speed on the Cobra motors, but I know one of my best friends is running upwards of 20 lbs of boost using a 3.4L Whipple S/C on his stock 4.6 L Modular DOHC V8 in his '04 Mercury Marauder. He has had it at the track and made passes into the 10's and that is one heavy car. He DYNO'd 831rwhp and 780rwtq if I remember right.
    What did he do, swap in a Cobra motor? The stock Marauder motor isn't going to handle that kind of power, or even accept a Whipple supercharger, for that matter.
    2003 Torch Red Ford Mustang Mach 1 5-speed
    FRPP Aluminator 32V Long Block + Kenne Bell 2.1
    657 RWHP 635 RWTQ @16psi on 93 Octane
    Custom Tuning by Tillman Speed

Quote Originally Posted by dennis ss View Post
    I agree. I took one out for a day and brought it back because it felt very awkward to drive that car. It was fast but i need a little more than just speed. A little boost on an LS1 and problem solved. lol
    I wish it were that easy. Even a stock LS1 is only safe on about 8 lbs. That will only get you about 450 rwhp, nothing close to what a termi is capable of, even without a blower swap.
    For an LS1 to be competetive, it would require a complete build, forged internals, good cylinder heads, custom camshaft, then comes transmission upgrades, a rearend swap. You will be into it for $10-15K or more to do it right and make the kind of power a termi makes with just a simple blower swap and a tune.
    When you look at it from that perspective, the price of termi's along with a few upgrades don't look all that bad. You get what you pay for.

Hell, even a few thousand here and there doesn't do much
    Very true indeed.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Very true indeed.
    just dropped close to 3000 on my suspension

now i only need to drop another 2k on my trans, and 3-4k on my rear end and i will be ready for my h/c sway

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information