Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

You have a garage and didn't change your own oil? Why not just buy another one if you miss it so much? They cost like half what they used to.
    Last edited by INMY01TA; 07-20-2007 at 12:34 PM.

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Not once did I say that only F-Body's had something to offer. Don't come back at me for your ignorant remark. Every car has something to offer, if not there wouldn't be a point to owning one. They all serve a purpose to some extent or another. Maybe next time you should think before you put your hand down on the keyboard. This man put down his thoughts and feelings about a car that truly mattered to him and that his dream, for however long, came true and had that WS6. Your reply: It's just a car. You must be joking? Put your keyboard away and keep your thoughts to yourself because you just lost any chance at all of ever having any respect in the F-Body community.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Waldo you just dont get it and its cool, who knows maybe someday you will be a True F-Body owner until then have fun driving JUST A CAR.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by fabrizi View Post
    Not once did I say that only F-Body's had something to offer. Don't come back at me for your ignorant remark. Every car has something to offer, if not there wouldn't be a point to owning one. They all serve a purpose to some extent or another. Maybe next time you should think before you put your hand down on the keyboard. This man put down his thoughts and feelings about a car that truly mattered to him and that his dream, for however long, came true and had that WS6. Your reply: It's just a car. You must be joking? Put your keyboard away and keep your thoughts to yourself because you just lost any chance at all of ever having any respect in the F-Body community.
    Oh man, My life has come to a stand still I was really trying my best to gain YOUR respect Fabrizi and now all hope is lost.

You must get along great with 5th grade children….. they get you, don’t they.

Love,

Waldo

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Find a new forum, please. For all of us. You're no longer useful here.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Wow and you live in Wisconsin god dammit where abouts do you live in the good old WI

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

sorry for your loss i hope i never have to go and do the same thing i hope you can get a nother dream car

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Wow and you live in Wisconsin god dammit where abouts do you live in the good old WI

K-town, I'd like to check out your ride some time. Ever been to the Brat Stop? or do you ever make it to GLD? we should meet there and run the cars.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    i got one for sale.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Waldo you just dont get it and its cool, who knows maybe someday you will be a True F-Body owner until then have fun driving JUST A CAR.
    I didn't see anything wrong with what he wrote. And as a side note, a person who truly appreciates and loves the fbody would be proud to own even a Firebird or Camaro V6. I see a lot of people here only putting the LS1 up on a pedestal...

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

im not trying to join in on a flame here.. but i see where everyones coming from.. waldo said something and i see where hes coming from... idiotic saying but shit happens... a for the seconds response.. its truly not fair to compare our cars to ferrari, lotus, etc... diff price range etc... better engineering yes.. but thats why you pay so much.. our cars are truly one of the greatest engineering feats in the fact that look at the price/power/potential... not to mention cheaper insurance.. and i honestly turn just as many heads whether you think so or not and im more proud to have my car than i would a ferrari cuz i worked hard as hell to buy this car... thats my .02 once again not flaming you just telling you honest to god i would much rather have my car than a ferrari... now a z06 different story

Black
    WS6

Thanks for all the replies guys - did not mean to cause an uproar. And, yes, I am a CAR fan in gneral, but the Trans-Am has always been special TO ME. When I finally drove a top-of-the-line one off the showroom floor, it was a great day in my life. Now in perspective, the births of my three great kids and the day I married my soul-mate wife were much more stellar events, but the WS6 years for me were personally great ones.

Slightly off topic, my Tin Indian rides have been:
    1979 T/A - handed down to me from my brother. 301 V8.
    1965 GTO - tri-power, Muncie Rock Crusher, 3.90 gears w/posi, undercoating stripped for drag-racing. (Traded 79 T/A in on this in 1982)
    1983 Pontiac 2000 (Sunbird) - first new car purchase - NO A/C !!
    1984 Turbo Sunbird - actually a quick car that was optioned out. Bought used and it had some problems.
    1988 Firebird Formula - 305 V8 w/throttle body (basically a carb) injection. Bought new and it was Maui Blue. Nice looking car, no balls. Had it stolen.
    2001 Black WS6 TA - my batmobile...RIP.

Kozman

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    im not trying to join in on a flame here.. but i see where everyones coming from.. waldo said something and i see where hes coming from... idiotic saying but shit happens... a for the seconds response.. its truly not fair to compare our cars to ferrari, lotus, etc... diff price range etc... better engineering yes.. but thats why you pay so much.. our cars are truly one of the greatest engineering feats in the fact that look at the price/power/potential... not to mention cheaper insurance.. and i honestly turn just as many heads whether you think so or not and im more proud to have my car than i would a ferrari cuz i worked hard as hell to buy this car... thats my .02 once again not flaming you just telling you honest to god i would much rather have my car than a ferrari... now a z06 different story
    i agre i work my but off to get mine also and if i had the money for a ferrari i would not apreseat it as much evry one has a dream car some are hi end and some arene i know a girl that her dream car is a 85 monty ss so it all varys

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I 100% understand the saying "It is just a car."
    It should not come before family, friends, or yourself. And at the end of the day, it has 4 wheels, a motor, and a steering wheel....just like every other car on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabrizi View Post
    It's not just a car, if they were JUST cars we all wouldn't be on this forum talking about JUST cars. How dare you! Kia's, Honda's and Toyota's are JUST cars. These vehicles are hours upon hours of engineering, they're works of art, they're blood, sweat, and tears as this man has shown us. You wouldn't baby a Kia or a Hyundai like most of these people do to their F-Body's. So don't ever say these are just cars, these are their pride and joys, their babies, their girls. Never JUST a car.
    There are forums for EVERY make and model. And there are those that would say their Kia/Hyundai aren't just cars. Regardless of make or model, there are those out there that love them as much as we love ours. You end up having a 'connection' of sorts with your own vehicle. Regardless of what it is.
    priuschat is a prime example.

Don't get me wrong, I don't ever plan on selling mine. But it would be gone in a heartbeat if Sara, Julie, or myself needed the cash for a medical issue or something.
    I have done the math...if I sold it right now, it would free up MUCH more than just a payment. Still....not parting. I don't need too.

To the thread starter....keep the eyes peeled. Your car is out there for you when you want to go get it.

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Nice input from everyone, well balanced and fair responses. If I seemed like I jumped on him it's only because of what an honest man wrote before that response and it got to me a bit. No hard feelings.

Black
    2001 T/A M6

I would sell one of my kidneys before I sold my car

Black
    WS6

Quote Originally Posted by kozman View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys - did not mean to cause an uproar. And, yes, I am a CAR fan in gneral, but the Trans-Am has always been special TO ME. When I finally drove a top-of-the-line one off the showroom floor, it was a great day in my life. Now in perspective, the births of my three great kids and the day I married my soul-mate wife were much more stellar events, but the WS6 years for me were personally great ones.

Slightly off topic, my Tin Indian rides have been:
    1979 T/A - handed down to me from my brother. 301 V8.
    1965 GTO - tri-power, Muncie Rock Crusher, 3.90 gears w/posi, undercoating stripped for drag-racing. (Traded 79 T/A in on this in 1982)
    1983 Pontiac 2000 (Sunbird) - first new car purchase - NO A/C !!
    1984 Turbo Sunbird - actually a quick car that was optioned out. Bought used and it had some problems.
    1988 Firebird Formula - 305 V8 w/throttle body (basically a carb) injection. Bought new and it was Maui Blue. Nice looking car, no balls. Had it stolen.
    2001 Black WS6 TA - my batmobile...RIP.

Kozman
    Small note - my wife owned a brand new 2000 Grand prix GTP, optioned out and of course, I did NEED to change the Supercharger pulley to 3.5" for increased HP. It was a sweet ride also and really had awesome low-end torque.

Kozman

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    get it back next week i'll get some pics up.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Waldo you goin to that car show today in Oak Creek? That project camaro is having.

black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinohuey View Post
    That must be the saddest story I ever heard.
    i agree. that story vividly created that whole situation in my head and i feel really bad for you. lol. ive come close to selling mine a few times also and i want to make sure i can keep it. i hope i never have to sell it, but as you said 'life throws curveballs at you'.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information