Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by slphwk1 View Post
    This was on the power tour last year in Madison,Wi.
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Thats rather pimp

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

To to OP, I think there is one on this seasons BULLRUN just the way you want it with the new hemi. The green one in my avatar is a 73' is from my work and he is the original owner.

Red, Pewter
    03 cobra07 street glide

i know of a 1970 440 shaker hood just roller chassis sitting in a shed for some strange reason i think it's stolen

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    I cant find a modern car that i want, but i would really like a 71 Cuda...

Here is the thing... I want a Resto Mod... i want a 6.1L modern hemi and a 6 speed with some more modern suspension... I really dont want to pay more than $35k... Im so screwed and never gonna find a car...

-me
    If you can hold off a year or 2 you maybe able to find a 09 SRT8 Challenger for that kind of money. I know it not true old school muscle but I luv them and come with A/C orderable with Moonroofs which is high on my list nowadays. That Black Cuda in the prior post is beautiful but probably closer to twice what you want to spend.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by MeGoFast View Post
    If you can hold off a year or 2 you maybe able to find a 09 SRT8 Challenger for that kind of money. I know it not true old school muscle but I luv them and come with A/C orderable with Moonroofs which is high on my list nowadays. That Black Cuda in the prior post is beautiful but probably closer to twice what you want to spend.
    Nice car I'm sure. But, just not the same. There's nothing like classic muscle.

If I had an extra 50k sitting around, it would be going toward something between 64-72. Not a brand new anything. Most likely a fist gen Camaro or a 66, 67 Chevelle. Actually, I have a list of cars I wouldn't mind having. Still, none over a 72

But, that's just me

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Actually, I have a list of cars I wouldn't mind having)
    61-68 impala (2 door)

67-69 nova

64-70 gto

65-66 dart gt

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    61-68 impala (2 door)

67-69 nova

64-70 gto

65-66 dart gt
    Yeah, I could make room for a few of those too

When I was little, we had a black 67 Impala. What I remember most about that car was the speaker in the back seat and my ear up against it all the time

1966 Corvette Coupe

I have changed my mind....

I've been looking around and i can pick up a C2 with a 327 and a 4 speed in "driver" restored condition for around $40k... Im gonna look into this a bit...

Pick one up and get a performance chassis to build on the side... C5 suspension and a supercharged LS3 backed with a 6 speed should bring that classic back into the performance world, but i will still be able to drive the car and enjoy it until the day i pull the body of to get it ready to go on the new chassis...

Sweet?

I've already got a quote on the chassis... its around $8k for the frame and then i would need cash to hang all the goodies off of it.. I think this is about right considering i originally wanted a late model viper with a twinscrew supercharger... when i get done in a few years i should have about $65k invested and should have a $80k (maybe over $100k) car.

-me

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

That'll work too. It's a 65, yes?

Bright Red
    2001 Camaro

I cant find a modern car that i want, but i would really like a 71 Cuda...

Here is the thing... I want a Resto Mod... i want a 6.1L modern hemi and a 6 speed with some more modern suspension... I really dont want to pay more than $35k... Im so screwed and never gonna find a car...

-me
    Here's a 72 you might could get into for that:

Bright Red
    2001 Camaro

IMHO, the kinda mods you are wanting to do and the $$$ you are gonna put into it the Vette would be a better option/investment in the long run. This coming from a guy whose father has owned nothing but Mopar since 1966, Cuda's are rare but everyone wants a 60sumthin Vette!

1966 Corvette Coupe

that is a 65 actually...

I have a few that im looking at right now... I really want to save another $5k to $7k before i drop that much cash on a car... but with taxes and the possible sale of my quad comming up i should be in good shape by summer.

Really just need to look around... just want to make sure what i get is nice and drivable and still an admirable car until i can really get some cash into it...

-me

Bright Red
    2001 Camaro

that is a 65 actually...

I have a few that im looking at right now... I really want to save another $5k to $7k before i drop that much cash on a car... but with taxes and the possible sale of my quad comming up i should be in good shape by summer.

Really just need to look around... just want to make sure what i get is nice and drivable and still an admirable car until i can really get some cash into it...

-me
    Not doubting ya but they are trying to sell it as a 72'
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/plymo...item1e5ad05869

Honestly I didn't even pay that close attention to it other than the fact it just looked in horrible condition

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Superwoody View Post

Honestly I didn't even pay that close attention to it other than the fact it just looked in horrible condition
    I think he's talking about the Vette

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

that is a 65 actually...

-me
    Who knows, by summer you may change your mind again

1966 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Superwoody View Post

Vette is a 65... Cuda is a 72..

Who knows, by summer you may change your mind again
    You saying i have a reputation for changing my mind? Shame on you... I really think im ok with the C2 thing... I just dont know about paying that much for a car that is not brand new and shiny, but i think to be happy enough with something that i will hold onto it for a good long while im gonna have to get a classic...

-me

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Vette is a 65... Cuda is a 72..

You saying i have a reputation for changing my mind? Shame on you... I really think im ok with the C2 thing... I just dont know about paying that much for a car that is not brand new and shiny, but i think to be happy enough with something that i will hold onto it for a good long while im gonna have to get a classic...

-me
    Well, gee... I don't know. It only took ya from 3/5 to 3/12 to go from a Cuda to a 65 C2

The more work you put into it, the more you will love it. Just hold on to it no matter what.

I miss my Chevelle

What I remember most about that car was the speaker in the back seat and my ear up against it all the time
    That really caught my eye. My son currently does the exact same thing, cruising the old cars while playing old music, and he just puts his ear on the speaker and listens. If I drive long enough he will fall asleep.

If you really want a C2 vette, you will find the 63-65's the cheapest over the 66-67's.

With the 63-65 you get the new for 63 IRS but they still had drum brakes all around throughout those years.

In 66 the 4 wheel disc brakes came out and were standard from then on. It seems to reflect on the prices a bit, even with same engine options.

Since you are planning a complete suspension/brake change,,,,It wouldn't matter on the 63-65. I'd stay away from the disc brake models to save a little more coin.

Well, gee... I don't know. It only took ya from 3/5 to 3/12 to go from a Cuda to a 65 C2

That's the hard part. There are so many choices in between, with tons of beautiful detroit iron from all manufactures. I wouldn't be surprised if he changes his mind again.

If I had my way, I'd have a warehouse full of classic cars, with a heavy emphasis on muscle from about 61-72, and a few from the 50's would do. There are just too many good ones to narrow down to 1 single car.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information