Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Does that mean it hadn't started rusting prior to the repair? There's other ways for water intrusion, should they be reponsible for that as well? Why is it that everyone feels something is owed to them just because something was once done, and now there is a problem after a long period of time and milage? 12/12 is all that the dealership has to warranty any repair for (unless it comes with a longer parts warranty) and it's already passed that time. How do you know it's not a speed sensor harness issue? It's a 7 year old truck that had a warranty repair done after the 3/36 had expired, should General Motors have to live with repairing something for the life of it?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Ten5TireRacer View Post
    Does that mean it hadn't started rusting prior to the repair? There's other ways for water intrusion, should they be reponsible for that as well? Why is it that everyone feels something is owed to them just because something was once done, and now there is a problem after a long period of time and milage? 12/12 is all that the dealership has to warranty any repair for (unless it comes with a longer parts warranty) and it's already passed that time. How do you know it's not a speed sensor harness issue? It's a 7 year old truck that had a warranty repair done after the 3/36 had expired, should General Motors have to live with repairing something for the life of it?
    No. What I'm saying is plenty of cars go 200K with original ABS wheel speed sensors. So if the dealer serviced the sensors and addressed the corrosion factor that was causing the issue, it shouldn't have any more problems for years to come.

Maybe it was many trips through the power was with water sprayed against it, or deep puddles? Why don't I give you a can of the spray they use, you can spray your pcm with it and then let me use a pressure washer on it and we'll see what happens? I can guarantee the corrosion resistance will be second to none, but water will get in due to other reasons, so therefore your theory of they didn't fix it correctly is wrong.
    Believe me many trucks do go alot of miles without any issues, but there are some that don't. That's life, things break. General Motors has made efforts to correct known concerns, call your local Toyota or Honda dealership and tell them something they did as a recall over a year ago isn'r right and let us know how quickly you hear a dial ton after they hang up on you.

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Ten5TireRacer View Post
    Maybe it was many trips through the power was with water sprayed against it, or deep puddles? Why don't I give you a can of the spray they use, you can spray your pcm with it and then let me use a pressure washer on it and we'll see what happens? I can guarantee the corrosion resistance will be second to none, but water will get in due to other reasons, so therefore your theory of they didn't fix it correctly is wrong.
    Believe me many trucks do go alot of miles without any issues, but there are some that don't. That's life, things break. General Motors has made efforts to correct known concerns, call your local Toyota or Honda dealership and tell them something they did as a recall over a year ago isn'r right and let us know how quickly you hear a dial ton after they hang up on you.
    first, this is not waranty work , it's a recall. second, if this is something other then the recall then i wouldn't expect them to fix it for free. third, if gm abs is supposed to go outevery year and a half then i might go buy a toyota and lastly if you think that your abs is only expected to last as long as your tires then you have some major issues. oh and even gm told me this shouldnt have hapened and it needs to go back to the dealership.

Silver
    1999 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    No. What I'm saying is plenty of cars go 200K with original ABS wheel speed sensors. So if the dealer serviced the sensors and addressed the corrosion factor that was causing the issue, it shouldn't have any more problems for years to come.

I have a 1999 trans am with that same problem were would my abs sensor be located

Recall work is warranty. The parts are returned, and the tech is paid warranty time for the repair, so yes it is warranty. You weren't having an issue when the recall was done, (they just inspected and applied anticorrosion paint, not a repair) so therefore the original part has lasted 7 years without any trouble. That seems like a pretty decent amount of time wouldn't you think?
    I hope you do get it repaired at no cost, because I'm so tired of hearing how the dealership sucks, and how they ripped you off, and you've already stated how you're not happy with them, and you're going to bitch at them if they try to charge you.

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Apparently my wheel hub assmebly is going, which is causing the ABS sensor to fall out of place at lower speed. Any one know how much of a pain in the neck it is to do the front wheel hub assembly? Do I need any special tools, probably a ball joint seperator/ fork?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 00 formula View Post
    Apparently my wheel hub assmebly is going, which is causing the ABS sensor to fall out of place at lower speed. Any one know how much of a pain in the neck it is to do the front wheel hub assembly? Do I need any special tools, probably a ball joint seperator/ fork?
    Easy.

Four bolts hold it on. You unbolt it, bolt the new one in, and torque the bolts down. Then just reconnect the ABS harness to the wheels speed sensor and you're done.

Many of the imports, like the newer Hondas, are set up so that the hub needs to be pressed in. Thats garbage, and its a huge PITA.

Thread Information