Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by crazy dave ls1 View Post
    keith craft motorsports unless you can tell me a better one in our area he specializes in the enemy(cobras)but he does lsx edits.if you know a good tuner please let me know i need to find a home as i am fixing to start building my ca r up
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    Personally I like RPM up in Lewisville, and they specialize in LS engines.
    +1

RPM up in Lewisville has been the only shop to touch my car. I will be going back to them Aug. 29th for a retune after installing my EWP, 42# injectors and ASP U/D Pulley...

talk to Keith or Brian: 972.434.2151

they use an above ground Dynojet that gives SAE corrected numbers, and A/F ratio as well. i think 3 pulls is only $75 or so and a HP Tune will be around $400 (one time fee) then $60 for any retune after...
    Last edited by SSwt00SS; 08-19-2008 at 05:18 AM.

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

312hp and 320tq stock on a 00 Trans Am 6 speed

Professional shit starter Smurfvette05's Avatar

Blue
    05 C6 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    +1

they use an above ground Dynojet that gives SAE corrected numbers, and A/F ratio as well. i think 3 pulls is only $75 or so and a HP Tune will be around $400 (one time fee) then $60 for any retune after...
    That seems high for a tune that is not a lifetime tune. I know a shop that will tune a Ls car for $450 and that is a lifetime tune. That means, that when you change something on your car, you bring it back and get it retuned for free. They don't charge you for the retune. They have a Dynojet too.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    What kind of cheese do you like on a ham sandwich?

Sorry, I have no pertinent question.
    Ummmm, Limburger cheese......

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfvette05 View Post
    That seems high for a tune that is not a lifetime tune. I know a shop that will tune a Ls car for $450 and that is a lifetime tune. That means, that when you change something on your car, you bring it back and get it retuned for free. They don't charge you for the retune. They have a Dynojet too.
    every place operates a little differently i suppose. it mainly goes towards the time on the dyno, more than the tune itself...

in the grand scheme of things, the amount of coin dropped for parts, and at times installation of parts one can't do themselves makes a $60 retune a non issue for some...

in my case, i have taken my car to RPM from time to time for assistance in installing some parts (either as a result of not having the time, tools, or the place) that either finding the tools, a location, and or knowing i would spend more time and money for those resources then to let professionals do it, easily justifies a mere $60 if felt a possible retune is needed...

out of the total amount of $$$ to date i have put towards my car, im not going to split hairs over only $120 dollars. but that's just me...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

red
    2002 z/28

When I had mine done at RPM it was 400 for the first tune and then 60 for retunes. Seems to be a good rate for dyno tuning compared to others that I have seen.

Are you putting on the headers yourself ?
    yeah i work in a shop so i have lifts,compressed air and my beloved snap-on toolbox.shouldnt be that hard.do you know of an exhaust shop?do you really have true duals?what size pipe?how the hell did you fit them the exhaust shop my shop uses laughed at me when i told them what i wanted to do.

red
    2002 z/28

+1

RPM up in Lewisville has been the only shop to touch my car. I will be going back to them Aug. 29th for a retune after installing my EWP, 42# injectors and ASP U/D Pulley...

talk to Keith or Brian: 972.434.2151

thanks for the info thats a helluva lot less expensive than i thought it would be and they are like 35 miles from the house.

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

yeah i work in a shop so i have lifts,compressed air and my beloved snap-on toolbox.shouldnt be that hard.do you know of an exhaust shop?do you really have true duals?what size pipe?how the hell did you fit them the exhaust shop my shop uses laughed at me when i told them what i wanted to do.
    Ahh the lift should make it easy (they are a pain though), if you need a hand let me know. Yes I do have 2 1/2" true duals that are dumped before the rear axle with two 18" Dynomax bullets. The system was custom made at Lewisville muffler (went through RPM so I did not have any issues with no cats).

Here are a couple of quick pics of my system from the cell phone.
    Click for full size

Click for full size

Running off from a pair of Kooks LT. There has not been any clearance issues at all. I would say it is close to stock right now though I have never owned a 4th gen with stock exhaust, but it is better then my Borla in the 94.
    I could have had the exhaust run out the back but was not worth spending the extra cash. If you look in the thread I quoted you should see quite a few other systems as well.

red
    2002 z/28

Ahh the lift should make it easy (they are a pain though), if you need a hand let me know. Yes I do have 2 1/2" true duals that are dumped before the rear axle with two 18" Dynomax bullets. The system was custom made at Lewisville muffler (went through RPM so I did not have any issues with no cats).

I could have had the exhaust run out the back but was not worth spending the extra cash. If you look in the thread I quoted you should see quite a few other systems as well.
    but they can be ran out the back?i may just have the headers ran to a y-pipe and through my cat back.

red
    2002 z/28

how convenient lewisville muffler is what 3 blocks from rpm?thatll be an expensive wrecker ride to get the exhaust done

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

thanks for the info thats a helluva lot less expensive than i thought it would be and they are like 35 miles from the house.
    they are farther than 35mi for me, but well worth it...

red
    2002 z/28

it looks like you've got bolt on collectors the pics at kooks website dont show them.did you have to add them or did they come with them

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

how convenient lewisville muffler is what 3 blocks from rpm?thatll be an expensive wrecker ride to get the exhaust done
    If that far even. I just drove my car there open headers from RPMs shop to get my exhaust done and then back to RPM to get a tune.

it looks like you've got bolt on collectors the pics at kooks website dont show them.did you have to add them or did they come with them
    Correct, the Kooks did not come with any flanges. Lewisville Muffler did that for me. I would also suggest you get the copper gaskets instead of the paper especially if it is a daily driver. Just had to replace mine today.

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    im not a fan of ham.
    you like the hotdog over the ham sandwich?

red
    2002 z/28

If that far even. I just drove my car there open headers from RPMs shop to get my exhaust done and then back to RPM to get a tune.

Correct, the Kooks did not come with any flanges. Lewisville Muffler did that for me. I would also suggest you get the copper gaskets instead of the paper especially if it is a daily driver. Just had to replace mine today.
    well the plan is to go to rpm tomorrow to get my baseline dyno run,then wait for the headers to arrive,install them at my shop.do you think itd be ok to drive the car with open headers the 35 miles to lewisville muffler,thats a little far isnt it?then back to rpm for the tune.

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

well the plan is to go to rpm tomorrow to get my baseline dyno run,then wait for the headers to arrive,install them at my shop.do you think itd be ok to drive the car with open headers the 35 miles to lewisville muffler,thats a little far isnt it?then back to rpm for the tune.
    sure, once cruisin' the car won't be that loud. hell, i drove through downtown Plano, with just headers last fall before installing my TSP TD's...

it was awesome!!!

you car will be a little louder than normal, but since you're stock for the most part (no H/C), it shouldnt bring you to much negative attention. just make sure that Lewisville Muffler will clear working on your car if you dont have CATS installed...

red
    2002 z/28

sure, once cruisin' the car won't be that loud. hell, i drove through downtown Plano, with just headers last fall before installing my TSP TD's...

it was awesome!!!

you car will be a little louder than normal, but since you're stock for the most part (no H/C), it shouldnt bring you to much negative attention. just make sure that Lewisville Muffler will clear working on your car if you dont have CATS installed...
    but most likely they will do it right?

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

but most likely they will do it right?
    Call and make sure. The way I got around all of it was my I had Keith from RPM call Lewisville Muffler and say the car was through them. I still paid and drove the car there, but it keeps it legal for them.

red
    2002 z/28

well ijust got back from RPM and yall were right the guys there were really friendly,knowledgable and basically pretty damn kewl.I was surprised to see that i had 297.2 rwhp and 310 rwtq considering the advertised 310 hp @ the crank and figuring the 20% parasitic loss i was expecting around 248 rwhp.On a sour note this morning on my way to work i took the back roads cause 635 was a parking lot and hit about 1 1/2 foot of water at 40mph and knocked the passenger front ground effect off the bumper, well almost off, it held on by the front clip and i unknowingly drug it the rest of the way to work and scratched the shit out of it.It's only like two feet long and they wanted 800.00 to fix it.found a place to resurface it and BOLT it on for 409.00.sorry but i had to whine

red
    2002 z/28

Call and make sure. The way I got around all of it was my I had Keith from RPM call Lewisville Muffler and say the car was through them. I still paid and drove the car there, but it keeps it legal for them.
    oh yeah i think im gonna go with a y pipe into a 4" single then back to dual and just let rpm take care of it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information