Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021374757 ... LastLast
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

People do not realize how caustic/dry today's fuel mixes are.

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

I got an update for you guys. Ive ran a few tank fulls of this through my maroon car using the 1 to 4 ratio, but i read in the last page that Sarge uses the 1:5 ratio, so what do you think? I will say that the car idles MUCH smoother now. Also right when i started using this in my car, i swaped the stock MAF back in, so thats probably why i got a 2 mpg increase on the highway. So ill keep you updated on that.

But i hit a snag today... I started my street tuning class this week, and my instructor is very knowledgeable in the subject. And today he was sharing with us an experiment he tried and had great success with. On vehicles that have had different types of coolant mixed in them and it forms that hard to flush out, nasty, gooey brown stuff that sticks to everything; he found that tide laundry detergent has a chemical in it that breaks down that stuff and you are able to flush it out.

So i thought that he would appreciate this cool little experiment that we've all got going on here. But when i told him about it, he said it didnt sound like a good idea. He said the oil would not be beneficial to the solenoid in the fuel pump. But common sense, and my own personal experience along with that of those who have posted on here, told me that the oil would act as a lubricant, especially with todays dry fuels, to the pump and extend its service life. And when i told him about its benefits on the motor, he simply said that a quality fuel such as sunoco, would have the same effects. He said that sunoco has a patent on their fuel which has an additive in it that does not let the fuel break down in the heat (especially here in florida) which in turn lowers its octane rating.

He also said that long ago, testing was done with gasoline and it showed that just about anything you add to it will increase the octane rating of it. The trick is that it has to be able to mix with it properly to be transfered into the motor. If this is so, does it mean that this two cycle additive is raising the octane of our 93 fuel? And what are your thoughts on sunoco's fuel Sarge, have you done any testing on it? It comes highly recommended by my instructor and he said its what he uses in his own personal race bike. Thanks again, and sorry about the long post as usual, lol.
    Last edited by RAWPWR3; 10-08-2008 at 05:45 PM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by RAWPWR3 View Post
    I got an update for you guys. Ive ran a few tank fulls of this through my maroon car using the 1 to 4 ratio, but i read in the last page that Sarge uses the 1:5 ratio, so what do you think? I will say that the car idles MUCH smoother now. Also right when i started using this in my car, i swaped the stock MAF back in, so thats probably why i got a 2 mpg increase on the highway. So ill keep you updated on that.

But i hit a snag today... I started my street tuning class this week, and my instructor is very knowledgeable in the subject. And today he was sharing with us an experiment he tried and had great success with. On vehicles that have had different types of coolant mixed in them and it forms that hard to flush out, nasty, gooey brown stuff that sticks to everything; he found that tide laundry detergent has a chemical in it that breaks down that stuff and you are able to flush it out.

So i thought that he would appreciate this cool little experiment that we've all got going on here. But when i told him about it, he said it didnt sound like a good idea. He said the oil would not be beneficial to the solenoid in the fuel pump. But common sense, and my own personal experience along with that of those who have posted on here, told me that the oil would act as a lubricant, especially with todays dry fuels, to the pump and extend its service life. And when i told him about its benefits on the motor, he simply said that a quality fuel such as sunoco, would have the same effects. He said that sunoco has a patent on their fuel which has an additive in it that does not let the fuel break down in the heat (especially here in florida) which in turn lowers its octane rating.

He also said that long ago, testing was done with gasoline and it showed that just about anything you add to it will increase the octane rating of it. The trick is that it has to be able to mix with it properly to be transfered into the motor. If this is so, does it mean that this two cycle additive is raising the octane of our 93 fuel? And what are your thoughts on sunoco's fuel Sarge, have you done any testing on it? It comes highly recommended by my instructor and he said its what he uses in his own personal race bike. Thanks again, and sorry about the long post as usual, lol.
    Well I have seen many test on major brand gasoline's and cannot say I have seen Sunaco specific. There are no Sunaco's around here for me to get a sample....but without going down that road I will say this....the 2stroke mix is so diluted there is no way in hell it will harm any fuel pump nor any other part...it only acts as a lubrication/cleaning agent. That I am positive about. I will also question if Sunaco is utilizing corn alcohol nowadays. You say he references testing done long ago....man the fuel specs have changed drastically in the past 24-36 months....so I dunno if his data reference is current. Get him on here....I always like a good discussion between us old gearheads He sounds like a good guy....

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Sunoco, is all I run in my car.. and now that prices are back down, I'll bump back up to 94. Putting this stuff in, should help too.. I'll go buy some and see what happens. Right now I am getting 16.3 combined.

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Well I have seen many test on major brand gasoline's and cannot say I have seen Sunaco specific. There are no Sunaco's around here for me to get a sample....but without going down that road I will say this....the 2stroke mix is so diluted there is no way in hell it will harm any fuel pump nor any other part...it only acts as a lubrication/cleaning agent. That I am positive about. I will also question if Sunaco is utilizing corn alcohol nowadays. You say he references testing done long ago....man the fuel specs have changed drastically in the past 24-36 months....so I dunno if his data reference is current. Get him on here....I always like a good discussion between us old gearheads He sounds like a good guy....
    Thanks again Srage! Ill talk to him about it again, and ill let him know hes welcome on here so you guys can have a friendly discussion.
    Last edited by RAWPWR3; 10-09-2008 at 05:09 PM.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

ok, i read as much as I could before my head exploded.

I'm the rotten apple in the bunch.

Sarge, how do you think this will perform on a 104k+ z28 A4 that runs 87 pump gas?

That's right, rotten apple here said 87 octane, don't ask why I just do. I'm going to try this any way. I want to try a 1 oz to 4 gal ratio. If I am correct a 1:500 ratio on a 16.8 gal tank is measured easiest as 1 oz to 4 gal. It was some where around page 12 or 14 that I saw some one post 1 oz to 4 gal was a 1:500 ratio.

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

As Sarge stated in some of his earlier posts, this mix has helped some modded engines that had problems with pinging, stop. And as i was told by my instructor, anything added to gasoline raises its octanne rating. Dont get me wrong, its not going to turn youre 87 into 93, but its gonna help. And yes 1oz. to 4 gal. is correct, thats what i use as well.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by RAWPWR3 View Post
    As Sarge stated in some of his earlier posts, this mix has helped some modded engines that had problems with pinging, stop. And as i was told by my instructor, anything added to gasoline raises its octanne rating. Dont get me wrong, its not going to turn youre 87 into 93, but its gonna help. And yes 1oz. to 4 gal. is correct, thats what i use as well.
    okie dokie. I wasn't looking for an octane boost. I just wanted Sarge to know I would be testing on 87.

thanks

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aide View Post
    ok, i read as much as I could before my head exploded.

I'm the rotten apple in the bunch.

Sarge, how do you think this will perform on a 104k+ z28 A4 that runs 87 pump gas?

That's right, rotten apple here said 87 octane, don't ask why I just do. I'm going to try this any way. I want to try a 1 oz to 4 gal ratio. If I am correct a 1:500 ratio on a 16.8 gal tank is measured easiest as 1 oz to 4 gal. It was some where around page 12 or 14 that I saw some one post 1 oz to 4 gal was a 1:500 ratio.
    Most of our test mules run 87 octane. It's good.

White
    02 WS6

1oz is pretty close.....quick math...128 oz's in a gallon. 1oz to 4 gallons is 512 to 1. 5oz to a gallon is 640 to 1.

dale

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

People do not realize how caustic/dry today's fuel mixes are.
    I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. Im starting the mixture today to see what happens

hypo yellow
    2002 vx ss

oil

Great write up Sarge, you are very patient can you convert this to litres. Im from oz we dont have US gallons Cheers Nav.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Sure....well 4 gallons of gas is 15 liters ( a tad over really 4 gallons equals 15.141 liters)
    and 1oz is 29.574ml.
    So for every 15 liters you would add 30 Milliliters (round the fraction up)....this will give you the proper ratio/mix. Let us know your results please.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

I have found the 1oz to 5 gallons is the happy spot for most GM V8's....
    ok, i haven't started yet, but I just saw your post, cuz i didn't read this page before.

So the sweet spot for our engines is a 1 oz to 5 gallons? That would be 3 oz per taken, provided we are rounding that 16.8 down.

I know every one keeps asking, and I think it is because too little and your pissing in the wind, too much and you pissing in the tank, lol...

I will also start with my wife's car, 04 Sebring 3.0L V6. I believe my wife has a 16 gal tank too.

I just want to be extra paranoid certain. I know I won't hurt anything, but I want it to do something too.

thanks

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Well I use 4oz per tank on my daughter 2006 Pontiac G6 GT with the 3.5l V6. It has a 16.something gas tank. She doesn't have a clue what I do with her car so no "placebo" effect here.....she drives like a bat out of hell everywhere that baby goes. I monitor the onboard computer and have a 2mpg improvement that has stayed steady.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

cool thanks, sounds great. 1 oz to 4 gal here we come.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Sarge- How old is this daughter you speak of?

JK

hypo yellow
    2002 vx ss

oil

Sure....well 4 gallons of gas is 15 liters ( a tad over really 4 gallons equals 15.141 liters)
    and 1oz is 29.574ml.
    So for every 15 liters you would add 30 Milliliters (round the fraction up)....this will give you the proper ratio/mix. Let us know your results please.
    Thanks Sarge i will let you know how she goes

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Three tanks and I got about 1.5 MPG increase around town in the T/A. Havent tried it on the highway yet. Idle is about the same.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Do you have any mods done to your car? And thanks for posting results....this is the purpose of the thread frankly. Morons over at ls1gto.com flame this thread saying " that is rumor" and "I want to see data before I believe it"...and just blow right by the fact this thread is asking for data/real world user input and makes no claim whatsoever. Seems like that place is a magnet for internet "experts"......I digress
    I will be posting the "big spreadsheet" soon and this will be reflecting the type of car/geographical info/Etc. and results.

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021374757 ... LastLast

Thread Information