Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819 LastLast

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

I've also read a number of posts and I'm still searching for those little caps used to plug/block off the little ports. Where do people find stuff like that? is this something commonly found in a hardware store? My local parts stores don't really have little odds and ends like this. With my idea I would need a little cap for the port sticking out of the intake.

I was thinking about my LS6 benefit question i just asked. Would the LS6 valley cover still provide a benefit because it lowers the amount of oil getting passed around the system? It seems it must provide some kind of good benefit even if your venting, catching, and deleting your PCV.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aide View Post
    I've also read a number of posts and I'm still searching for those little caps used to plug/block off the little ports. Where do people find stuff like that? is this something commonly found in a hardware store? My local parts stores don't really have little odds and ends like this. With my idea I would need a little cap for the port sticking out of the intake.

I was thinking about my LS6 benefit question i just asked. Would the LS6 valley cover still provide a benefit because it lowers the amount of oil getting passed around the system? It seems it must provide some kind of good benefit even if your venting, catching, and deleting your PCV.
    NAPA/Auto Zone has em.....yes it provides a benefit

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    NAPA/Auto Zone has em.....yes it provides a benefit
    thanks.

I've been hunting for a killer deal on the valley cover. i hope i find one, .

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Most folks who have a "Blow Me Al" bumper sticker on.... vent the crank by replacing the oil fill cap with a filtered vent....
    Will have one on order soon
    Thanks for the help

And BTW if it was a beater i would already have that sticker on it

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aide View Post
    thanks.

I've been hunting for a killer deal on the valley cover. i hope i find one, .
    Got my ls6 cover for 40 shipped on a corvette forum

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Got my ls6 cover for 40 shipped on a corvette forum

luck you, you hunt is over. I how ever and still in Camo waiting to strike.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Sarge, what is that line on the passenger side valve cover of the LS1 that connects to the throttle body?

I asked this question somewhere else but i like it got lost in one of my threads or something.

I was wondering what that line from the front of the passenger valve cover to throttle body does? can you remove the line and cap the ports?

thanks

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yes...if you vent the crank pressure to the atmosphere....

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Yes...if you vent the crank pressure to the atmosphere....
    yes, i used the existing lines. I ran a new 3/8" hose from the port where the PCV used to be over to the "Husky" catch can. The outlet for the catch can is a small breather. Basically I did what is in your pics for the driver side with one difference. I run passenger and driver into the oil separator then to the breather.

So what does that line do? Is it for vacuum or recirculation? It has been a little while since I read your post. I will have to refresh my memory.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Recirculation to keep all the tree huggers happy

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Recirculation to keep all the tree huggers happy
    hugging trees hurts my nips like a waxy surf board, lol....i don't hug trees for that reason.

Thanks. Man I read this whole thread again. I am either loading the tubes and damning the torpedoes or confused as heck.

I even went over to that other place and read that other thread. Got half way threw it and gave up right around metered air, don't do it, blah blah blah.

So just to be clear, because I have a brain full of rocks. My super cool stock LS1 will be fine running the normal LS1 Y style PCV lines to an oil separator then to a breather, cap the front passenger port, cap the intake port, and then cap the TB port.

I only ask because after reading all the posts I see so many routing after the catch can back into the intake, even in your pics, . Now I'm all like worried an nervous I screwed something up. Then all this talk about tuning and junk, oh great.

I also wanted to pop in that oil cap breather, just for fun and looks, lol... Like I said sometimes I feel as if I'm just full speed ahead fire at Will see what breaks.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Ok I have a question about the post at the bottom of this thread. Here is the link because I am lazy and don't want to copy or paraphrase.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/genera...our-pcv-2.html

Um, I am no expert on cars at all. But....Um, I have never heard any one state the PCV was invented to extend oil life? Does the PCV really play a role into extending your oil change intervals, wow? Call me stupid, because I probably deserve it. But how would the PCV magically cure this "acid" water junk stuff in your oil causing more frequent oil changes as mentioned? I'm using freshman logic 101 for dummies here, .

In my perfect world the PCV system is closed. Stuff comes out of the valve covers and squeezes its butt past a really little orifice and back into the intake. Hmm, so at what point did I save my oil from a hard knock life? I took a fluid, gas is a fluid, out of my crank and ran it back into my cylinder. I'm sure some of it even went back through for round to, just saying it could happen, no reason to think it couldn't. If I decide to vent that fluid to the world, cuz i like sharing, lol... How did this change in the system all of a sudden doom my oil to a short life of pain?

I'm am so confused. Why did we ever have to leave Kindergarten, oh why....

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

bump for 2010, I am tired of looking at pcv systems, what is the best damn way to do it. Delete the whole thing and just run breathers, run a catch can with a breather filter, or go and run a vaccum pump. please help

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by zmg00camaross View Post
    bump for 2010, I am tired of looking at pcv systems, what is the best damn way to do it. Delete the whole thing and just run breathers, run a catch can with a breather filter, or go and run a vaccum pump. please help
    Could do what i'm doing
    LS6 Valley Cover and a catch can

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by zmg00camaross View Post
    Yes....what you described....but I do not know your state laws....
    I mean the bottom line is you will find nobody that will argue that no PCV is the best for your engine...PCV is for pollution control only.....there is no benefit to a internal combustion engine at all by recycling spent fuel back into your engine.....but like I said....each state/county has their own rules and regs for automobiles.....we try and minimize the negatives of a PCV (oil mist et al) and maximize the good ( crank pressure et al).....

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

i am in missouri and in my county there is no emmisions and i am a tech, so state inspections are no problem for me, so what would be the best, just to vent with filters or a catch can

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I vent both.....but one is sufficient....so either one....or both....depends on your modifications i.e. turbo/nitrous etc would require more crank pressure relief.....

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Yes....what you described....but I do not know your state laws....
    I mean the bottom line is you will find nobody that will argue that no PCV is the best for your engine...PCV is for pollution control only.....there is no benefit to a internal combustion engine at all by recycling spent fuel back into your engine.....but like I said....each state/county has their own rules and regs for automobiles.....we try and minimize the negatives of a PCV (oil mist et al) and maximize the good ( crank pressure et al).....
    what about a catch can and no PCV? What I mean is run your lines through the catch can and back into the intake. It is sort of a PCV system, but no PCV tin part in the line?

Just curious. I run my LS1 hoses through an oil/water separator, a la el cheapo Husky catch can, lol... But my PCV boot was damaged and torn. I was too lazy to order one, and got tired of fabbing one. I just run the catch can out hose right back into the intake, no PCV tin part. I haven't noticed any difference. I was just curious what the ramifications could be. In my case you are going from what was a very small pin hole to a 3/8 straight hose. just curious.

Of course I doubt I have hit WOT at all in my car. Maybe once or twice a pretty good open throttle, but I have never hit a pedal to the floor WOT.

thanks

yellow
    2004 GTO

Sarge i have catch can connected as follows
    hose coming from the valve which in this picture
    http://gsi.xw.gm.com/image_en_us/gif...379/379367.gif
    went to catch can inlet then from the catch can inlet to the intake manifold
    i installed a valve cover breather before two days
    my car is SD tuned
    is this setup correct ?

Blue
    2006 GTO

Good to hear....yes folks....delete your PVC...vent your crank....run PP 10-30 and yes....you are making more power and wont leak/burn oil. Just a simple fact of life.
    Hey sarge what brand of oil is this? Im kinda a rookie here lol...

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information