Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

hahaha.. you guys are clowns on here.. j/k.. About the heads in the LT1 I'm pretty sure they were aluminum and remember the LT1 had reverse cooling system.. Which meant the coolant started at the heads first then went to the block.. The LT1 is a good motor for its time.. But like Secondgear said it take alot of money just to put it in the 11's and 12's. The LT1 has the upperhand in the Aftermarket department as they make a ton of sh#t... LS1 has decent aftermarket parts but just not as many as the LT1.. For better overall performance and quality plus durablity I would go with the LS1..

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

Yeah especially since It will be my daily driver.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I think the stock suspension on all 4th gens basically suck. They need some work to be made good. They are very capable with the after market stuff and better tires. I can pull well over 1G in the corners with mine.

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

Whats done with your suspension?

Spice Red
    2006 GTO

I have had both; 02 SS with SLP exhaust and wheels and a 98 Ram Air. Both were a hoot. The Camaro rode better but the feature content on the Ram Air was better. To me it comes down to the look. The T/A is a little boy racer for some.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanater View Post
    Whats done with your suspension?
    Sub-frame connectors, boxed rear lower control arms, lower control arm relocation brackets, adjustable pan hard bar, Eibach pro-kit springs, KYB AGX shocks, Strano Parts sway bar kit, BMR Extreme shock tower brace, 18x9.5 wheels, 275 tires up front, 285 tires out back. I still need a torque arm yet.

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

I think my 6cyl handles awsome! And w/ the extra swaybar the SS comes with and the 275 tires you would think the thing would be like a slot car.

How does the SS/WS6 handle compared to an STI?

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I think my 6cyl handles awsome! And w/ the extra swaybar the SS comes with and the 275 tires you would think the thing would be like a slot car.

How does the SS/WS6 handle compared to an STI?

The STI would be be better. The WS6 is about the same as a normal Impreza. They are setup to soft for the size and weight to make turns good.

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

Well how much better would an STI be? Would the STI just walk away from a ws6 in the turns or would it be close?

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

230th Post!!!!!

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

That bad huh?

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I didn't notice this thread was getting that big.

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

I am looking at a ws6 right now but I am unsure if it is a real ws6. Is there anyway to tell? Other than the hood, emblem, and tires. I know ws6 have 2 sway bars in the rear but do the trans am's also have 2?

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Well how much better would an STI be? Would the STI just walk away from a ws6 in the turns or would it be close?
    are you going to be autocrossing or something? the difference in handling between the sti and ws6 into a turn is a good amount, but you should more than compensate with speed coming OUT of the turn. ever heard of SCCA? there are plenty of f bods evening the playing field among evos and sti, and usually besting them. in autocrossing, your main gear is second excluding of course straight aways and i think the ls1 has a pretty hard kick in second gear. though i could be wrong......if you are going to be cornering hard you need to discard drag racing mods and focus on shocks, sway bar thickness and an upgrade in brakes and rubber.

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    are you going to be autocrossing or something? the difference in handling between the sti and ws6 into a turn is a good amount, but you should more than compensate with speed coming OUT of the turn. ever heard of SCCA? there are plenty of f bods evening the playing field among evos and sti, and usually besting them. in autocrossing, your main gear is second excluding of course straight aways and i think the ls1 has a pretty hard kick in second gear. though i could be wrong......if you are going to be cornering hard you need to discard drag racing mods and focus on shocks, sway bar thickness and an upgrade in brakes and rubber.
    Yeah I am going to be road racing it on weekends. I have autocrossed my 6cyl camaro and I finished 3rd in my class but autocross really isn't that much fun. thats mainly why i want a Ws6, to race it on a road course. Any idea how to get started? Thanks for the tips btw.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Yeah I am going to be road racing it on weekends. I have autocrossed my 6cyl camaro and I finished 3rd in my class but autocross really isn't that much fun. thats mainly why i want a Ws6, to race it on a road course. Any idea how to get started? Thanks for the tips btw.
    no problem as i am in the same boat man. shit give me some tips on how to get started, i have some aspirations!!!! i dont know, but i will find out. i have a buddy who road races and autocrosses his late 80's beemer and he is a nut about it. very into it. he should know. i might start bracket racing locally but unsure when, im just hungry for any track time. i like drag racing but i like you want to get into the time attack shit. its more challenging IMO. i will find out and let you know about where and how to start.

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    no problem as i am in the same boat man. shit give me some tips on how to get started, i have some aspirations!!!! i dont know, but i will find out. i have a buddy who road races and autocrosses his late 80's beemer and he is a nut about it. very into it. he should know. i might start bracket racing locally but unsure when, im just hungry for any track time. i like drag racing but i like you want to get into the time attack shit. its more challenging IMO. i will find out and let you know about where and how to start.
    drag racing is more fun than autocross for sure! Just because I get to go 120mph not 20mph around a bunch of cones. But I really want to try road racing!! But I will try any type of racing at least once.

As soon as I get my ls1 I am going to leave the engine mostly stock but I am going to buy stiffer spring and sway bars. brakes will come later.

Pewter
    2000 z28

drag racing is more fun than autocross for sure! Just because I get to go 120mph not 20mph around a bunch of cones. But I really want to try road racing!! But I will try any type of racing at least once.

As soon as I get my ls1 I am going to leave the engine mostly stock but I am going to buy stiffer spring and sway bars. brakes will come later.
    i could care aless as long as im driving. just did 140 tonight on a short stretch of highway. the minute everything blurrs is the minute you realize why you are on earth....to drive this fucking car!!!!!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112

Thread Information