Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $8,500 Firebird

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

i saw this one girl crash into a poll out of no where, lifted both her front wheels up. Thank God it wasnt a LS1

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by innerchi89 View Post
    I told my mom i wanted a trans am so naturally she went out and bought me a firebird for 10,000 after tax and other stuff. She doenst know alot about cars or guys, guys just need V8's. It nice and everything its just has a V6 though. it has 67,000 miles. Pewter Metallic with black T-tops, i like the appearence, everyone keeps asking me if its a formula and i struggle to say NO.. its a firebird. i would have help payed for it but she already paid cash and everything. I loved f-bodys and have for a long time she knew that and thats why she bought it for me, i dont want to hurt her feelings after all that work she went into surprising me and everything.
    be grateful that your mother paid for you car and take care of it. down the road consider trading it in for what you want. ive had to buy all the cars i have ever owned, so i would die of joy if someone bought a car for me whether its the car i wanted or not...

just be happy with what you have...

dont turn into this bitch...
    Last edited by SSwt00SS; 04-18-2007 at 06:43 AM.

Black-Gold
    93 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    If that was the case, then i would've said it was good that you only had a V6 - because 16yr old + LS1 = trouble lol
    LOL funny you should mention that. When I turned 17, I bought a V8 Monza from my dad for $400....I tell you what, I got into more damn trouble in that car than you could shake a stick at. It was a fun little car and was reasonably fast for a high school kid. But then again, think about it, the car weighs 2600 lbs, had a hopped up motor in it....of course itll be somewhat fast. I wish I still had it, ahh the memories.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

I told my mom i wanted a trans am so naturally she went out and bought me a firebird for 10,000 after tax and other stuff. She doenst know alot about cars or guys, guys just need V8's. It nice and everything its just has a V6 though. it has 67,000 miles. Pewter Metallic with black T-tops, i like the appearence, everyone keeps asking me if its a formula and i struggle to say NO.. its a firebird. i would have help payed for it but she already paid cash and everything. I loved f-bodys and have for a long time she knew that and thats why she bought it for me, i dont want to hurt her feelings after all that work she went into surprising me and everything.
    Trade it on an LS1 if your Mom doesn't know much about cars, she'll never know

Black
    2002 Trans Am

im 16 just got my licens and i got the v6 firebird i got a job and saving for eather a ls1 with m6 or lt1 with m6 the v6 just dont do it for me doin an engin swap idk how hard it will be but for the extra fun it will be good i dont abuse it eather its too good for that and im glad i have it and not some of the other kids at my school alltho my mom didnt buy it for me i bought it. that makes me have alot of respect for how much it cost and how fast it can be gone
    Wishin for a LS1

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    be grateful that your mother paid for you car and take care of it. down the road consider trading it in for what you want. ive had to buy all the cars i have ever owned, so i would die of joy if someone bought a car for me whether its the car i wanted or not...

just be happy with what you have...

dont turn into this bitch...
    Believe me i am grateful, ill be paying for the trans am later on myself. Thanks for the advice i will take care of it. I plan on keeping it forever and use it as a daily driver later on when i get a V8. I hope i didnt sound like a spoiled brat.

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by littlevegas1 View Post
    im 16 just got my licens and i got the v6 firebird i got a job and saving for either a ls1 with m6 or lt1 with m6 the v6 just dont do it for me doin an engin swap idk how hard it will be but for the extra fun it will be good i dont abuse it eather its too good for that and im glad i have it and not some of the other kids at my school alltho my mom didnt buy it for me i bought it. that makes me have alot of respect for how much it cost and how fast it can be gone
    Yeah, my mom loves me alot. Im thankful i have her. I have alot of respect for you buying your own car.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by littlevegas1 View Post
    im 16 just got my licens and i got the v6 firebird i got a job and saving for eather a ls1 with m6 or lt1 with m6 the v6 just dont do it for me doin an engin swap idk how hard it will be but for the extra fun it will be good i dont abuse it eather its too good for that and im glad i have it and not some of the other kids at my school alltho my mom didnt buy it for me i bought it. that makes me have alot of respect for how much it cost and how fast it can be gone
    for the money you'd spend swapping enigines, etc., you'd be better off just buying a v8 equipped car!

Arrest Me Red
    1999 Trans am

if your 16 you don't need an ls1 too much power for you. the v6 really is the perfect car for a 16 yr old who is just learning to drive and is into performance. They are fast enough to have a little fun in, have enough potential to really get you into modding and wanting to learn more about it, and can get you better prepared for the v8 when the time does come.
    If you want to know more about performance upgrades and such check out
    www.fullthrottlev6.com and join up.

There's is a few things to remember:
    You do not drive a car worth of squeeling the tires when pulling on a road.
    Yes, you will be able to dust 85% of rice out there, this does not mean you should race them.

This is coming from a fellow young v6 owner too.

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Crmartin99 View Post
    if your 16 you don't need an ls1 too much power for you. the v6 really is the perfect car for a 16 yr old who is just learning to drive and is into performance. They are fast enough to have a little fun in, have enough potential to really get you into modding and wanting to learn more about it, and can get you better prepared for the v8 when the time does come.

Yes, you will be able to dust 85% of rice out there, this does not mean you should race them.

OH, im 18 im not 16. Ive been driving a V8 dodge ram for two years already.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

jk

Would any of you guys buy a Firebird V6 for $8,500 dollars?
    only if it was an 02, fully loaded and low mileage

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

oh mine is a 2001, loaded, t-tops, pewter, and chrome wheels. 67,000 miles its a bit high, but ive seen alot worst.

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Crmartin99 View Post

Thanks for the advice, im really liking that site.

Black
    2000 T/A

dude, stick with the 3.8. The motors aren't that bad really with your typical mods. I'm running 14.5 1/4 in my 99 3.8l, with a k&n filter, cold air intake, and a lid. Cheaper Insurance, and BETTER GAS...

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

Oh really? how much have you spent on mods already? a rough estimate.

Black
    2000 T/A

My buddy had a 98 camaro and gave me the lid when he got rid of it, my exhaust is stock. I got a reprogrammer, spent about $300, I recently bought some Z rated tires, have had the heads pulled, that's where the money is... put in an extended shift kit, the cold air is from the same camaro as the lid, got it for $75(which I wouldn't pay full price for, not really worth it.) just your typical bolt-ons no chargers, or massive psi's on my baby. So this is still an N/A car which pisses off those Big Boys who only win by 3 or 4 cars instead of 40, haha.
    So my little rice killer has somewhere in the ballpark of $800 to $1000 invested into it. lol
    nice car, I like when the 6rs have the t/a package! It makes it look like a formy. which are awesome, but so are the 6rs

Black
    2000 T/A

The head work was a gift, idk how much it cost. I hear that's expensive as heck though.

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

Everyone is telling me to put a turbo in it. I guess i have to mod parts in my engine, so it can handle more boost? Haha, thats funny i can see you racing some big guy, then they are like wtf, a v6 is keeping up with me? Yeah, i love it. Alot of people think its a trans am or fomula, because of the w68 performance package. Yeah, all f-bodies are awsome, v8 or not. my stock v6 can beat most ricers.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Everyone is telling me to put a turbo in it. I guess i have to mod parts in my engine, so it can handle more boost? Haha, thats funny i can see you racing some big guy, then they are like wtf, a v6 is keeping up with me? Yeah, i love it. Alot of people think its a trans am or fomula, because of the w68 performance package. Yeah, all f-bodies are awsome, v8 or not. my stock v6 can beat most ricers.
    ur v6 could take my v8

Thread Information