Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    I'm trapping higher than that with just LT's and an ORY and Cutout, on 93 oct. not near that on the 60's tho....
    Thats cause of the TC. I trapped higher before TC too but ET was 12.9x.
    Whats your ET?

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

12.9, @ 108.6

Silver
    2002 Z28

I'd say those #s sound more like uncorrected cold weather numbers. A bolt on car should be peaking around 350... Not calling BS though, but you should check the dyno, a lot of shops will pull the correction off to make their tune look better...
    She's baaaaaccccck...

'02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

That was obviously a VERY generous Dynojet. No way it was a Mustang dyno.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Okay fellas, if you don't want to believe me i will show you the numbers, back in August before college started back up.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...rstDynoRun.jpg

Sorry, don't have a scanner, but took a picture of what counts, and yes, it was on a mustang dyno, and yes all the mechanics there were blown away at how mean my baby was pulling. I had a "freak" was the term they called her read it and weap But anyways, sorry I never check back here, but now I got a set of 315 Nittos so next summer we will see what she really runs .

Quote Originally Posted by dhillyard View Post
    Okay fellas, if you don't want to believe me i will show you the numbers, back in August before college started back up.

Sorry, don't have a scanner, but took a picture of what counts, and yes, it was on a mustang dyno, and yes all the mechanics there were blown away at how mean my baby was pulling. I had a "freak" was the term they called her read it and weap But anyways, sorry I never check back here, but now I got a set of 315 Nittos so next summer we will see what she really runs .
    what is the altitude where you go for 1/4mi? is the time corrected for altitude/elevation already?
    with 370rwhp you should do 12.6 easily here in Ennis TX track... that's without the DR tires, with just Goodyear F1 tires or so...

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Thumbs up

the altitude at milan dragway is said to be 600 feet. My car is running the 1/4 at 111 last time i was there, but i wasn't driving since i was no longer a high school student for high school drags haha.

Black
    1998 Trans am

OK, here goes, I just checked the numbers on the Moroso Power Speer calculator, which I have found to be extremely accurate. I am guessing that your weight with you in the car is going to be similar to my 98 TA with my fat ass in it and that is 3740 pounds. I do not have my car lightened nor do I take anything out of the car to race. That being said you should be able to run 12.10 at 112 mph, if you can get your car to launch. Your mph at 110 mph is real close, so you have some work to do. Good Dr's suspension mods and seat time at the track will get you there. Good luck.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by dhillyard View Post

You cannot compare the RWHP off a load-bearing dyno (such as a Mustang dyno) to those from a Dynojet (which is what the majority of people reference). Also, it is important to know what (if any) correction is applied to the dyno run in order to make a comparison of even Dynojet numbers even somewhat applicable.

The bottom line is I'm sure you made the power you said you made with the mods you said you had. However, I'd be just as sure that if you were to dyno the car on a typical dynojet with an SAE correction, you'd get a typical RWHP reading for an internally-stock, externally-modified LS1 - probably around 350 RWHP.

As for what you should run....anywhere from high 11s to mid 12s depending upon vehicle weight, traction, driver ability, track conditions, and weather conditions. MPH should be in the 110-115 range, also dependent upon the above (especially the weight, track, and weather).

Metallic Red
    2002 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    That was obviously a VERY generous Dynojet. No way it was a Mustang dyno.
    I posted on this subject previously, but for your edification I will repeat it.
    A guy who owns and operates his own dyno answers your question like this.
    "The biggest problem w/ comparing MD to DJ is most of the time the MDs are load contol and being compared to DJ inertia. If all info into the MD LC is not absolutely accurate(also like the DJ LC), you will get differences.
    -One of a perf. shops little tricks, change the vehicle weight input, even by a hundred pounds will skew the numbers quite a bit to show the part they just sold you did something for HP.

I dont have a problem w/ either one, they are both industry leaders(I just happen to prefer DJ) The main problem is inept or corrupt operators. If you go on a Load Control Dyno, your car better be weighed, with the person in it doing the testing. Go over all the parameters with the operator to make sure you are getting what you paid for.

Here is the last word, the numbers w/ our Vette we got on our Dynojet inertia, were virtually identical to a MustangDyno load control when all the correct run parameters were put in. But on the other hand, with MD being only a couple miles from our homebase and Dynojet being 2500 miles away, and I picked the Dynojet- draw your own conclusion."
    Michael
    In GA waving from '02 C5 LS1, Z51, D1SC, 60lb injectors,RPM level 5-4L60E, 3:42, Yank 3600, QA1-12 ways, MTI long headers, high flow cats, Borlas, Wilwood, 603rwhp, 542rwtq.(DynoJet 248-C) 10.89@127.57 on street tires, Race Weight 3,640 lbs

Thread Information