34v6needhelp

How am I doing so far?...and what exhaust STAYS at the lowest pitch?

Just got a 95 Firebird 5sp 3.4

Bought: K&N cold air intake. Brand new off ebay for $175 shipped sealed box.

Buying: PaceSetter headers. Is the cheaper Black ones ok or do I need the higher priced coating on them?
    Here is the cheapest I could find the Black ones.
    http://www.turbotechracing.com/produ...dcategory=5873

Buying: Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust System - Dual Rear Exit Here is the cheapest I can find...but does it keep the tone low, not just at idle but all the time? Notice it is using the Flowmaster 80 Series Crossflow Muffler...cause I think some were using the 40 series...*shrug*

I also bought the 160 Degree PowerStat. $20

Now for planned mods (6-12 months) and advise needed

I was going to do a tuning ecu. Like HP tuners or something. But is that for me? I just want something I can plug in and go, I won't be adjusting it EVER. So with that said do I want the $400+ HP or do I want a cheaper one?...**ADVISE NEEDED HERE GUYS**

Do I need to replace stock CAT with a High-Flow CAT? (read somewhere stock CAT has more airflow than alot of the "high flow" CATS) any truth to that?

Any help/advise would be great

Too many questions...

Spent alot of time here...(Specs and Sound clips of exhuasts) http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...;f=25;t=006640

Black
    97 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by 34v6needhelp
    Just got a 95 Firebird 5sp 3.4

I also bought the 160 Degree PowerStat. $20
    To utilize your 160 thermostat, buy a SLP fan switch. It allows you turn on your fans when ever you want while keeping the stock operation as well. This way you can sit there with your car running and pretty much bring it down to whatever temperature you want. Extremely good tool for racing, I have one of these little gems, but I haven't installed it yet, I just got it in. www.slponline.com
    1997 Firebird 3.8L
    A4,WS6 Ram Air Hood, Edelbrock Catback, SLP CAI, 85 Dry Shot
    1981 Firebird Trans Am
    http://members.cardomain.com/dreaded_hope

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Since you are going to do mods over a long period, you should get the HPTuners and tune it after each mod. Doing just a one time tune, then continuing to mod is a waste. After using HPTuners, you will be so glad you bought it rather than one of those cheap and severely limited handhelds.

The Rookie
    Where is the best place to get an HPTuner?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

the stock cat does not flow more air than high flow cats, i know this for a fact, i put a high flow cat on my 96 RS and it imedietly set the rear o2 off so i guess i have to put a o2 sim in.

Hotrod
    As far as the headres go, I bought the black ones and had no problem with them. THe only thing is that they only stay looking black for about 5 minutes cause as soon as it get hot the black flakes off. THis doesn't affect the performance though. The coating just reduces the heat and more than that it just looks better to some people. I didn't care enough about the "bling-bling" to spend the extra money on the coating. If you don't get it just make sure you get some wires that are angled so they won't touch the header. MSD makes some 90 degree angled ones that are great.

If you're getting headers and an exhaust I'd defiantely get a high flow cat too, but it seems like you want a quieter exhaust so I'm not sure how you want it to sound. I had a CarSound Cat on mine.

I never used a "plug-in" programmer just cause I wasn't too impressed with them plus I had nitrous and there isn't much you can toy with on them. If you don't plan on having nitrous then it might help. I've just heard that they don't give you that much of an increase for the price of them.

Thread Information