Thread: Stock TA

jay98ta

Stock TA

I ran my 98 TA last weekend it's mostly stock RAm Air hood K&N filter A4 2.73 gears I ran a 9.00 w/o the nos 8.64 with a 100 dry shot in the 1/8 mile Is that good for what I got .

JimK02conv
    the 2.73 gears kills any chance of laying down any better numbers. No 9:00 is nothing to brag about and a 100#shot of NOS should drop the car to 8:30 or better even, if you sprayed the whole 1/8th mile

jay98ta
    I does feel not like a 100 shot I have #32 jets with a NOS kit Does anyone know if that is a 100 shot The kit said 125 shot but the insturctions said 100 Iam running a true street tire will try a BFGDR this weekend.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

First off, when you, or whoever connected you nitrous system, did they connect the fuel cutoff??? I had it connected to my former Z28, and that P.O.S. wouldn't give me a 100 shot for more then a sec. There's a way of connecting the wires, so that it doesn't trigger the cutoff of the N2O. If you go to LS1tech.com they can help you out. Your 8.63 sec. pass is ok, but I can cut that w/ my car, and I probably have 30 whp less then your car on the juice.

XTrooper
    A 8.64 run, relatively speaking, isn't great, BUT a 4/10th second reduction in the 1/8 mile is and it's about what I'd expect to see from a 100 shot on a car with the mods yours has. There's no way in hell a 100 shot is going to drop your car to an 8.30 as previously stated, especially on a basically stock car with 2.73 gears.

As an example, I run high 11.90s/12.0xs on the motor of my H/C car with 3.73 gears. When spraying, I lower my 1/8 mile times by .3 seconds on a 75 shot.

I think your car is doing exactly what it should be doing on that 100 shot. Realize that your .4 second reduction in the 1/8 mile is a .6-.8 second reduction in the 1/4 mile and that's a BIG drop.

XTrooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob'sWS6
    First off, when you, or whoever connected you nitrous system, did they connect the fuel cutoff??? I had it connected to my former Z28, and that P.O.S. wouldn't give me a 100 shot for more then a sec. There's a way of connecting the wires, so that it doesn't trigger the cutoff of the N2O. If you go to LS1tech.com they can help you out. Your 8.63 sec. pass is ok, but I can cut that w/ my car, and I probably have 30 whp less then your car on the juice.
    Those FPSS's (Fuel Pressure Safety Switches) SUCK! Mine gave me fits and I ended up bypassing it altogether which is easy to do. If you're not using an rpm window switch, all you have to do is remove the wiring from the FPSS and ground the wire coming from your relay to the FPSS. If you are using a window switch, you'll have one wire coming from it to the FPSS and the other from your relay. Remove these two wires from the FPSS and splice them together and your system will work and you'll have bypassed the FPSS. You can leave the FPSS in the plumbing if you want or remove it altogether and use a plug for the manifold port the switch was mounted in.

jay98ta
    I got my timeslip but thread will not let me upload it Xtrooper how bad is your car spinning off the light On my 8.32 pass I sparyed my car off the line and it hooked very well I 've been told my car should be running faster then 8.32

XTrooper
    Quote Originally Posted by jay98ta
    I got my timeslip but thread will not let me upload it Xtrooper how bad is your car spinning off the light On my 8.32 pass I sparyed my car off the line and it hooked very well I 've been told my car should be running faster then 8.32

My car is dead hooking. No wheelspin, no wheel hop.

Above you said you ran an 8.62 spraying. When did you run an 8.32?

Never mind. I checked your other post. I guess the 8.62 is a typo. Anyway, you need to improve your 60' times. A 2.1, even on street tires, indicates that you didn't hook "very well." You should be able to cut 1.9s on street tires. The fact is it's probably hurting you spraying off the line with street tires. Try holding off on the spray a bit and your short times will likely improve.
    Last edited by XTrooper; 10-06-2005 at 02:13 PM.

jay98ta
    The 8.62 was right I was hitting the spray at about 3000 rpm my 60 foot times suck because I am babing it off the line On my 8.32 pass I was going to run without bottle just forgot to turn the button off on prior pass and I nailed it off the line and it hooked very well I know its not a good thing to spray off the line could blow something.

Thread Information