Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Black

The only problem with Koni's is that they don't last that long and end up leaking and I'll take a Bilstein over a Koni as far as ride goes and quality any day and I'm only saying this from racing both on SCCA cars and Koni never worked for me. Koni made a name in the racing world with racer's that rebuilt them and valved them the way they liked them then used that name to market a shock line that well didn't stand up to it. sorry guys.
    KYB is also a very good shock and I am thinking the bad things heard about KYB's were from maybe a to harsh a ride which some people like and some don't which means do your home work on the type of driving you will be doing and be honest and you will be happy with any of them as they all do the job.

blue
    2002 Trans Am

thanks for the input, I liked the price and information on the Bilsteins so that that is why I went with them. also for what i'm wanting them for they will work fine

ASh

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by deadbolt24 View Post
    The only problem with Koni's is that they don't last that long and end up leaking and I'll take a Bilstein over a Koni as far as ride goes and quality any day and I'm only saying this from racing both on SCCA cars and Koni never worked for me. Koni made a name in the racing world with racer's that rebuilt them and valved them the way they liked them then used that name to market a shock line that well didn't stand up to it. sorry guys.
    KYB is also a very good shock and I am thinking the bad things heard about KYB's were from maybe a to harsh a ride which some people like and some don't which means do your home work on the type of driving you will be doing and be honest and you will be happy with any of them as they all do the job.
    Never heard that about Konis before....
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

blue
    2002 Trans Am

i'm sure each brand has had their bad luck, for me Lakewood is the brand that I will never use again
    KYB I have heard great things about, but also bad things about
    Bilstein have yet to hear anything bad
    Konis have never heard anything bad, expect for on here
    etc.

ASh

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I've never heard that about Koni either. I've had mine installed for about 6 years now - ZERO issues.

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Well BMR 2pt sub-frame connectors came in today, open up the box to get a quick look, make sure they were the right ones, truly excitied about getting them put on, plus the front sway-bar will get the new end links and bushing, which right now its not even hooked on and the car handles amazing, big different with shocks, springs, rear sway-bar put on.
    looking at also shock tower brace, tunnel brace, and couple others, but need to do some more research to find out if I even need them really

More to come soon

I'll get around to putting the SFC's on soon

ASh

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Our cars have shocks....not struts.
    I would not be shocked if this was something I said, maybe about "strut tower brace" or "front strut/shock mounts"
    Sorry about that, bad habit on the "strut tower brace" correct myself shock tower brace.

ASh
    2002 auto T/A custom blue, Moser 9in rear end with 31 spline axle and 3.73 gears, Diablo Sport InTune, SLP LM1 catback, SLP lid & bellow, ram air free mod, eibach pro kit springs, bilstein hd shocks, bmr rear sway bar, bmr 2pt SFC bolt on, silver checker stripes 17x9.5 C5 Vette rims.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I think he was responding to this...

Quote Originally Posted by 99ss405 View Post
    look at my post abt my 99 it has bmr drag pack with cheap lake wood 50/50 rear shocks 90/10 lake wood struts rear dr's front reg street tires both on fac z28 wheels .. u looking to go 10's or 9's .. I can sell you my front struts cheap.. click on pic.. cam and nitrous only bone stock heads and bottom end with 148k miles ... its my 17 yr old daughters car she drives it to school

Click for full size

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    I think he was responding to this...
    ok lol I tried to correct myself if I did, because after I got my T/A I learned they all came with shocks, so I would not have been shocked if it was myself, but all good

ASh

blue
    2002 Trans Am

UPDATE: last night the SFC got added on, have not been for a ride yet, but they are on

ASh

blue
    2002 Trans Am

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

not the best of pictures of the SFC

ASh

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Did you do it with or without the magnet?

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Did you do it with or without the magnet?
    I did it without the magnet.

ASh

Silver
    2002 Camaro

I bolted on a set of Chrome Moly 2-pt frame connectors on a low mileage 2002 Camaro with T-Tops.
    Made a noticeable difference, didn't cost a lot, were lighter but a little more spendy than the standard mild steel connectors, were easy to bolt-on, would be easy to remove. UMI made them.
    Also bolted on a UMI Chrome moly strut tower brace. Would recommend a tubular panhard bar,
    poly bushings on both sway bars. Won't affect the ride, but will improve the handling, and for a lot less than $1000, and if you can turn a wrench, you can do the installation yourself in a few hours, if not less.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information