Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black
    1998 & 1999 Trans Am

Hey guys, I know it's been a long time but I finally got to work on the bearing this weekend lol, months later. So I took the rear diff cover off and yep looks like we got the Torsen posi unit in there. That would explain the difference between my 98 which had the Auburn and why one wheel spins in opposite direction when in the air. So got that all figured out. Not sure why I have the steel driveshaft or not? Might go with putting my old alumin driveshaft back in since the car is all stock and I think that one would do better then the steel on the stock car. Pulled the right axle on and got some bad scoring on the shaft. Gunna try and go with the axle saver bearing which most people say leak butitscheaper then going with a new axle right now. If it does start to leak well the I will have to look into new axle. Other questions is does the Torsen posi unit need any limit slip additive when refilling?

Black
    1998 & 1999 Trans Am

Ok, I seeM to have run into a problem with installing the axle. I can't seem to push it in far enough to get the c-clip back on. I made sure that the bearing is completely seated all the way in. Had another person push the axle in while I try and install the c-clip and I just can't get it. Seems like it needs to go another 1/4 inch in the get the c-clip on. Anyone else run into this problem?

Black
    1998 & 1999 Trans Am

Ok, I seeM to have run into a problem with installing the axle. I can't seem to push it in far enough to get the c-clip back on. I made sure that the bearing is completely seated all the way in. Had another person push the axle in while I try and install the c-clip and I just can't get it. Seems like it needs to go another 1/4 inch in the get the c-clip on. Anyone else run into this problem?

Thread Information