Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I have one AR with a Vortex Viper pst 1-4 scope with an ADM qd mount. 1-4's are awesome. Easily comes off to use the buis's. I also use a Noveske receiver endplate with a qd sling socket.

Noveske Receiver End Plate Quick Detach Sling Swivel Mount Point

My other AR has the Vortex Sparc red dot also in an ADM qd mount with a Troy buis. Also with the Noveske qd endplate.

Last edited by INMY01TA; 03-29-2015 at 12:02 PM.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    I have one AR with a Vortex Viper pst 1-4 scope with an ADM qd mount. 1-4's are awesome. Easily comes off to use the buis's. I also use a Noveske receiver endplate with a qd sling socket.

Noveske Receiver End Plate Quick Detach Sling Swivel Mount Point

Click for full size

My other AR has the Vortex Sparc red dot also in an ADM qd mount with a Troy buis. Also with the Noveske qd endplate.

Click for full size
    Nice setups! I just decided to go with aimpoint pro. Vortex was another option I was looking for but I just liked aimpoint warranty and battery life best. For the money you pay for vortex you really can't beat them up. I was looking at their 3x magnifier.

My last upgrade was a blue force vtac 2 point sling. It is a nice sling with qd's but pricey since I didn't had the qd attachments. I just don't know if I want to keep it since it is a range rifle. I don't go shooting or outdoor range yet. I might keep it because you never know.

I have found out there is certain ar accessories that if i decide to sell I don't lose that much money. Like the aimpoint pro, they sell used between $350-$380. That's not bad when I paid $413 brand new.
    1998 TA 130k A4, LS6 intake, TunedByFrost, Airlid, AIR and EGR delete, Borla exhaust, front Eibach lowering springs, LS6 valley cover, UMI TQ arm, UMI LCA's, UMI panhard bar, Poly engine mounts, BMR relocation brackets, Blistein HD shocks and struts, Oil catch can, Autotrix window fix.

Now I have an 2001 F150 5.4L

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    Nice setups! I just decided to go with aimpoint pro. Vortex was another option I was looking for but I just liked aimpoint warranty and battery life best. For the money you pay for vortex you really can't beat them up. I was looking at their 3x magnifier.

My last upgrade was a blue force vtac 2 point sling. It is a nice sling with qd's but pricey since I didn't had the qd attachments. I just don't know if I want to keep it since it is a range rifle. I don't go shooting or outdoor range yet. I might keep it because you never know.

I have found out there is certain ar accessories that if i decide to sell I don't lose that much money. Like the aimpoint pro, they sell used between $350-$380. That's not bad when I paid $413 brand new.
    I hear ya. Someday i'll ditch the Sparc for an Aimpoint T1. The T1 and the Sparc share the same footprint/bolt pattern so I can keep the same ADM mount.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Yeah t1 is nice but i don't wanted to spend more $450 in an optic. It is a great choice and tought as hell. Have you seen the daniel defense ar torture test video?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Haven't seen the vids but I know they take a licken. I can't afford one either right now but someday.
    Last edited by INMY01TA; 03-29-2015 at 03:28 PM.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

They had a t1 on the test and it never failed. They even dropped it from a helicopter

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Also, anyone using a sling? I want to get one but I'm sure if I should use the QD point for it or the para clips. I kinda like the para clips because I think is more secure. I will need to change the rear plate to get the ring.

I want to be able to carry my rifle on my back so im trying to figure out this whole 2 point. 3 point etc
    I went with a 3-point sling at the time. Seemed the most versatile.
    But I hear now, most just run a 2-point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ar.jpg  

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    yes before buying my sling i did a lot of research and the 2 point sling is the most versatile. I was thinking the 3 point initially but the more i read about the more i found 2 point is the way to go. I will say is preference too Ed

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    Nice Eotech setup by the way. How do you like the magnifier? I was thinking about trying one but i only do 75 yards at the most. The aimpoint pro is 2 moa so is pretty acurate at that range. Most people tell me I won't see a big benefit of a magnifier at that distance.

Do you use the magnifier a lot?

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Nice Eotech setup by the way. How do you like the magnifier? I was thinking about trying one but i only do 75 yards at the most. The aimpoint pro is 2 moa so is pretty acurate at that range. Most people tell me I won't see a big benefit of a magnifier at that distance.

Do you use the magnifier a lot?
    I can see why most might think it won't help. It is only 3x. You can't really compare it to a true scope. But I didn't get it to shoot 300 yards. I prefer CQB.

I didn't think I would use it a lot. Because most of the time I shoot indoors.
    But outside, I use it all the time. I like the idea I can swing it out of the way if I don't need it.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

Thread Information