Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Just get a Procharger. Then you can make drag radials spin going 60mph lol.

The way I feel right now, I don't know if the chassis on our cars is good for more than 500 horsepower (crank) for a street car. Not saying it hasn't been done... just not sure I would "like" it. Mine already feels a little daunting with a mere 360 at the wheels. Better breaks and a (more) built chassis might change my mind, though.
    Last edited by Naaman; 03-10-2015 at 08:21 PM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post

The way I feel right now, I don't know if the chassis on our cars is good for more than 500 horsepower (crank) for a street car. Not saying it hasn't been done... just not sure I would "like" it. Mine already feels a little daunting with a mere 360 at the wheels. Better breaks and a (more) built chassis might change my mind, though.
    Rear lower control arms, the BMR Trak Pak (torque arm), UMI PHB, and welded-in subframe connectors made my car feel extremely stout. Added Nitto 555r drag radials too. Before those upgrades at stock power, my ass end was all over the place and the car was a death trap. I cannot get my ass end to swerve now. It goes and stays straight even when power-shifting.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Yeah, I'm thinking that I need a torque arm. Other than that, I have a similar set up to what you've got. Although, I suspect that my LCAs are overdue for a change... they are rod ends with 60K on them. Thinking about Polys or a poly/roto combo.

Some day, far off in the future, this build will be finished. LOL!
    Last edited by Naaman; 03-10-2015 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Yes. it's really me. I'm usually in AAG when I'm on here.

As for where I'm at, I moved to San Diego almost 3 years ago for a really good job opportunity. Easier work with almost double the pay how could I not accept.

Tell her to be careful if she uses the 1st gen as a DD. Lot's of careless drivers out on the highway.
    Well it's good to hear from you Jim. I can understand the job and the move thing. We would do the same if something like that came along. We were close to moving to Phoenix a couple of times. Yeah a little worried about the car, but thankfully she only drives 6 miles to work, and she parks right by her office window so she keeps an eye on things. The commuting would be strictly around town close to the house, not a long distance car. Nowadays too worried about theft and the idiots on the roads like you mentioned. I likely won't even paint it now with these plans. She just wants to enjoy the car the way it is. I'll send ya a PM.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Yeah, I appreciate it. It didn't even occur to me that it might be the clutch, but, when I think about it, it makes sense: if a drive train component isn't engaged, then it cannot transmit power properly.

I heard back from Sean today. He says not to worry about it for the first 500 miles. Just drive it gently.
    Then take it out to Wild Horse Pass and start blowing stuff up (LOL)....
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Well it's good to hear from you Jim. I can understand the job and the move thing. We would do the same if something like that came along. We were close to moving to Phoenix a couple of times. Yeah a little worried about the car, but thankfully she only drives 6 miles to work, and she parks right by her office window so she keeps an eye on things. The commuting would be strictly around town close to the house, not a long distance car. Nowadays too worried about theft and the idiots on the roads like you mentioned. I likely won't even paint it now with these plans. She just wants to enjoy the car the way it is. I'll send ya a PM.
    Nice! 69 Z28 RS has to be the halo car for 1st gens. I sent you a PM back.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I second this motion, meeting adjourned. LOL
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

(Some day, far off in the future, this build will be finished. LOL) It never ends Naaman!! Trust me.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by RONS98TA View Post
    (Some day, far off in the future, this build will be finished. LOL) It never ends Naaman!! Trust me.
    tell me about it! I made a list of all the stuff that I "would like" to put on the car. SO FAR, the list includes $18000 worth of parts (and that doesn't even include a super charger!). So, I figure, the best way to do it is to just do one little thing at a time and not worry about whether I ever "finish" the build.
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Then take it out to Wild Horse Pass and start blowing stuff up (LOL)....
    Haha! I'm hoping to hit Rte 191 sometime before summer.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread Information