Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Okay that's what I figured. Is that sucker burried that bad and hard to get to?

I can't wait to hear how this turns out.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

he drove it out to PA this weekend with no codes so for right now it seems fixed. He didn't tow his camper but did tow a small enclosed trailer that probably only weighed a couple thousand pounds. Either way it was throwing the code whether he was towing or not before and this trip he didn't throw any. The dealership that replaced his cp3 this time said it was cracked from being torqued down too much. That still doesn't make much sense to me because the timing of the leak isn't right but that's what they said. They also fixed several other issues from the install of the first one while they were in there. Just stuff the guy did half ass.
    That whole situation is messed up. The guy that did the first cp3 was a dealership tech that opened his own shop. He came highly recommended by people up there that my buddy knew. He ended up closing up shop and going back to a dealership as a tech. My buddy took his truck to the dealership to have it hooked to a tech 2 not knowing that's the dealership he went to work at. They tested everything and were the people that told him the injectors were bad. Turns out the guy that did all the diagnostic shit on his truck was the same guy that put the cp3 in. That's some fishy stuff going on right there. The dealership had no way of knowing but you know damn well that guy recognized that truck. Wonder if he also knew that cp3 was bad? My buddy went to the dealership and tried to talk to him but the service manager wouldn't let him back to talk to him. I told him a phone call needs to be made to GM and explain the situation to them and see what they have to say. Doubt much would get done but it's a pretty messed up situation. He's just glad to have his truck back and running right so he'll probably just let it drop. The guy cost him a shit load of money that he didn't need to spend.

So what did it cost to have the dealership put in the CP3 (fuel pump??)

I'm just trying to prepare myself for the cross country trip this weekend just in case something happens

98 Formula
    06 duramax

pretty sure he said $1500 but all the numbers are a little blurry so I'm not completely sure on that. I just talked to him a few minutes ago and he said he had to drop it back off at the dealership again today.......developed a tick on the passenger side back by the firewall on the way home. Hopefully it's just an egr gasket or something back there they didn't get tight. He can't win.

Ouch! I guess I better bring the check book with me

Thread Information