Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eibach's

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefish View Post
    Got my rear shocks & my UMI stuff should be here before Friday. Going to attempt to do some install of the "easier" stuff this weekend. Any tricks to the PHB that i should know? I am assuming, since I am not lowered yet, that I should just make sure it is the same length as stock.
    I did my own also(single adjustable Edelbrock) didnt know about 2-way adjustable at the time or UMI...The removal of my stock PHB was easy enough and the install of the aftermarket was a little harder as it didnt seem to line up exactly with the stock position( of course) thats why its adjustable,so i extended the aftermarket to the size of the stock holes and put it on! BUT when i went to drive it ,it felt funny-So......i took it to the speed shop guy i go to for some things and he says i was ''crabbin'' the rear end was off?...(how i dont know other then when i released the tension on the stock PHB something must have shifted?) anyway he aligned the PHB/differential so that my rear was square/aligned........Im sure its not THAT hard to do i just have shitty luck like that! lol..Any member have any ideas as to why this happened or any tips on this feel free to let me/us know .

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

The suspension changes when the car is loaded. Did you install it under load, or free from load? That could be why. Only thing that comes to mind, plus I am drinking.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Sounds about right. It has to be adjusted loaded. And double adjustable (on car) is the way to go, much less hassle when it's time to adjust.

Sounds good, fellas. I actually am not even going to jack the car up to change the PHB. I can get to it, as my garage has a slight (on purpose) downward tilt that allows me access....well, unless I find that trying to take a suspension part off a loaded suspension is a bad idea. haha

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Yes jack the car up and place jack stands under body, then support the rear while changing the bar. To adjust it, place the jacks uner the rear and let the suspension drop. Do not remove the panhard bar with the car on the ground

thanks.....yes, I was stupid enough to do this.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

There are stupid people and there are bad ideas, asking questions before is what separates most of the stupid ones from everyone else

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Thanks all above^^ I r/r the PHB on my car while on a hoist @ work. dont remember if the rear diff. was supported? All i know was something MUST have shifted that i didnt realize at the time? because he had to align it ? Me without a way to tell if it was aligned after the install. Alex- how would you suggest aligning it?(besides an alignment shop) Measure the distances from diff.to a stationary point on car or? Mines ok now but just for info...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Use a string with a weight on the end. Tape it to the fender on each side (same location on each opposing fender). Let the string become taught and hang straight down. Measure the distance from the wheel to the string on each side. See where you are.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Jons way sounds to be the best if you run a factory size tire, my 315s needed every bit of room so I aligned my rear to give equal room from each tire to the inside of the wheel well.

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Use a string with a weight on the end. Tape it to the fender on each side (same location on each opposing fender). Let the string become taught and hang straight down. Measure the distance from the wheel to the string on each side. See where you are.

Please bear with me here, but do you mean tape the string above the wheel well on the outside of each rear fender & measure that distance?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

You got it!

Excellent! Thanks.

Got the PHB changed today. Still need to do final adjustments, as I do not have a 13/16 wrench. Went ahead & put her on the ground before final tightening & adjustments. How the hell can I put jackstands under the rear axle? Do I have to remove the rear sway bar?

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Depends on your jack stands. Mine barely fit just to the outsides of the sway bar

I saw that spot (kind of a flat area) but was afraid to use it. I am still new to the uni-body's & am used to my Civic that has a spot specifically for the jack.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

On the axle itself, just on the edge of the sway bar you should be able to squeeze a stand in there. If you can't find a good spot for the stands you could always chick the front wheels (which should be done anyways) and sit the rear on blocks

Got the PHB tightened up & adjusted. Got about 1.25" between the rim & edge of the fender on each side. Tomorrow I am going to attempt the LCA & LCA relocation brackets. Any advice, tips, etc?

Black
    2000 WS6

I ran Eibachs on my ws6 for a few years.
    Liked for one year.
    They sacked so bad it hurt my teeth to drive down the road.
    I swapped em out for Stranos and have never looked back.
    Be careful.
    Be who you are and say what you feel 'cause people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind.'
    -Nowhereman

Got them all installed last night. Took awhile to get the lca bolted on the first side, but I eventually got it. Shoulda done my rear shocks, but didn't have the right tool to remove the carpet in the hatch. Then found it after I had everything put back together...dammit! Cannot wait to get her out of the garage, damn snow!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information