Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

mines a 1500 with the 4.8 and I'm pretty impressed with its power and it gets 17 city or so

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Truck looks pretty good.

But if you plan to do any off roading the 2wd is going to hurt you especially in any type of mudding.

I have a personal rule of thumb, "If it does't have lockers, stay out of the woods!"..

That being said you may be able to do a little more if it's a posi rear or install a locker but you'll still be limited without 4wd.

Looks to be a good pavement pounder though, and you can always make it fast..
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-11-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

I'm still looking for trucks guys.

Right now I'm about to go see a 05 silverado SS.
    Needs some cosmetic work, also the power steering pump is bad. How expensive is to fix that,??

I dropped off the ball on the 4 doors. So if everything goes fine. I'll be looking at buying the ss.

Hopefully add some parts to it

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    I'm still looking for trucks guys.

Right now I'm about to go see a 05 silverado SS.
    Needs some cosmetic work, also the power steering pump is bad. How expensive is to fix that,??

I dropped off the ball on the 4 doors. So if everything goes fine. I'll be looking at buying the ss.

Hopefully add some parts to it

The PS pump at napa is only 70$ or so. One of our current GM techs can get you a price on the GM pump, or you might find it online cheaper.

Another thing to mention here since you were concerned with fuel economy earlier... The SS with the 6.0 and full time all wheel drive isnt going to do too well on gas either. konigandy can give you specifics on the mpgs he got with his.
    Last edited by 5.0THIS; 05-15-2012 at 12:58 AM.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

$70 is not bad. I don't know how hard could be to replace it but I'll try doing it my self.

The ss has 6.0 also. But I did some research on this. One as well.
    Seems to get 14/15 city. 17/18 highway. Is nit to bad for a nice trucks. The hd sucks way to much gas.
    I could be wrong but I believe it's a 2wd.

Konigandy if you could give me some info bout the SS man!
    I'll appreciate it

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

$70 is not bad. I don't know how hard could be to replace it but I'll try doing it my self.

The ss has 6.0 also. But I did some research on this. One as well.
    Seems to get 14/15 city. 17/18 highway. Is nit to bad for a nice trucks. The hd sucks way to much gas.
    I could be wrong but I believe it's a 2wd.

Konigandy if you could give me some info bout the SS man!
    I'll appreciate it
    If you're even slightly concerned about fuel economy... stay farrrr away from the SS. They are thirsty, especially with the AWD. Best I ever got was 17, and that was driving through boring old Ohio. 2wd are probably not much better since you're still packing a 4.10 rear. Pretty solid trucks, the 6.0 is an LS motor, so they're damn near identical to an LS1. Trans' are pretty weak, any more than an intake / tune / exhaust and plan on upgrading that. Not that I ever did, but I was told many times to consider it. They're not race cars, so don't think you can jump in one and pull 13's either. They have some get up and go, but they're heavy and thirsty.

They are great trucks regardless. Anything specific you want to know?

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

thanks andy!
    i like the truck, so i dont think im a do big stuff to it, i just need it to drive something different, it has flowmaster it sounds ok,
    so its a 05 silverado ss black interior, pewter (i think) exterior i love the color, it has 160k miles, has few dents almost everywhere lol, tje box had to get painted on both sides, front right fender, rear bumper, and i think the front bumper also.. the price is 8k how much should i offer?
    the steering wheel it barely turns, i hope is bc the pump is out, and it is a AWD, i also drive a 04 denali so im expecting same gas mileage, i can live with that.
    the gay dont drive it, so the battery was low,

andy, im just curious, if you had any issues with it? what did you like or hate about it? would you buy one again? meaning if you were happy with it.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

question, on the steering issue, could that be a rack and pinion related or just the pump? is does not make a noise or anything

red
    95 Z28

Wow, sounds like that truck has had a rough life.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

thanks andy!
    i like the truck, so i dont think im a do big stuff to it, i just need it to drive something different, it has flowmaster it sounds ok,
    so its a 05 silverado ss black interior, pewter (i think) exterior i love the color, it has 160k miles, has few dents almost everywhere lol, tje box had to get painted on both sides, front right fender, rear bumper, and i think the front bumper also.. the price is 8k how much should i offer?
    the steering wheel it barely turns, i hope is bc the pump is out, and it is a AWD, i also drive a 04 denali so im expecting same gas mileage, i can live with that.
    the gay dont drive it, so the battery was low,

andy, im just curious, if you had any issues with it? what did you like or hate about it? would you buy one again? meaning if you were happy with it.
    No I never had any issues really. Had a leaky trans pump seal, but nothing to change my underpants about. I was extremely happy with her. I kept her for over 2 years, and that's the longest I've kept any vehicle I've owned!!! Expect at higher mileage to have to rebuild the front axle and possibly the transfer case, not really an issue, but they take a pounding always being active, and tend to wear out. When you test drive it, make sure you to full lock turns at low speeds in a parking lot. That will tell you all about the condition of the front axle. As far as price, these things have really taken a hit in the past couple months. You can buy a low miled 04 for $16k in my area. I haven't really seen any high miled ones yet, so I can't be certain on an exact price for you.
    question, on the steering issue, could that be a rack and pinion related or just the pump? is does not make a noise or anything
    It could be the pump. And it could be the steering gear. Check the fluid, listen for noises, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Wow, sounds like that truck has had a rough life.
    This

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Sounds like it spent it's former life as a work truck.

A work truck @ 160,000 = get ready to work on it... a lot..imho

Wow, 160k on an 05 already? My old 79 just rolled 100k

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Thanks for the info guys! Yeah it def has high mileage
    I don't know how people can mess up a nice truck like this!
    It was his dd. He hasn't drive it much lately lol otherwise would have around 200k.

I'll offerr him 6500 if he takes it I'll buy it, if not I'll keep kooking. The price is good. It just need alot of work.

Question. Is there anyway to find out the history of this truck? Besides carfax.
    I just went to the DMV. But they do not wanna give me information if the owner is not with me.
    I have his autorization to find any info I can. I got the plate # and vin #.
    Anyone can help me Here?
    Thanks!

I had a friend at a GM dealer and I always went in with the vin. He would run it through the database and tell me all the warranty work or service bulletins that particular vehicle ever had done.
    Usually there is at least some information on a vehicle up until the warranty runs out, then they seem to dissappear off radar for some reason

This could be one option for you.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

nice!! ill see if i can get some one to help out with that in the local forums here in cali...
    i remember a while ago there was a thread about vin #s check.. cant remember who was the guy doing that for us.. was that you andy?

here some pics!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Yeah it was me... she looks pretty beat up.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Yeah it was me... she looks pretty beat up.
    can you do it this time again?
    yeah it hurts me to see it like that.. the interior looks good, cant say the same bout the rest of the truck!

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    No I never had any issues really. Had a leaky trans pump seal, but nothing to change my underpants about. I was extremely happy with her. I kept her for over 2 years, and that's the longest I've kept any vehicle I've owned!!! Expect at higher mileage to have to rebuild the front axle and possibly the transfer case, not really an issue, but they take a pounding always being active, and tend to wear out. When you test drive it, make sure you to full lock turns at low speeds in a parking lot. That will tell you all about the condition of the front axle. As far as price, these things have really taken a hit in the past couple months. You can buy a low miled 04 for $16k in my area. I haven't really seen any high miled ones yet, so I can't be certain on an exact price for you.

It could be the pump. And it could be the steering gear. Check the fluid, listen for noises, etc.

This
    thanks for the good info man! i appreciate your time! i looked around they go from 15k to 15k, i seen a few for 10 k tho, 100k miles and higher,,, ill keep looking and see what i can find!

Thread Information