Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Ever have that truck at the track rel3rd?

We are having a local club track day in a few weeks. I'm thinking of taking the blazer down for a few passes. It'll be 110 outside so I don't expect to set records but I think it's going to surprise a few.

Bright Red
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Damn son make up your mind!
    hahaha...I'm almost famous for my inability to make up my mind about wheels on my vehicles, lol.
    <<<<--- That Camaro had no less than 7 different sets of wheels and tires on it...in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ever have that truck at the track rel3rd?
    I went to a private track rental 2 years ago, with the 33x12.50x16.5 Weld's to run my son in his bolt-on 1991 automatic 5.0 Mustang hatchback. It rained on the way there, so the first few hours they only ran 1/8th mile. He had a blown posi and I launched in 4 HI and whooped him 2 or 3 times, LMAO. It went like 10.0, but no idea what MPH. That should roundabout a 15 second 1/4 mile with the taller heavy tires, so I'd guess it would do a high 14 or so now....strictly theorizing of course.

That's funny I run 33's on mine as well. Just seat of the pants guessing, it feels much like you feel yours should be running. I'm thinking it will be somewhere in the 14's.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    Strictly low budget/free stuff...I have Ebay 1-3/4" stainless steel longtubes, 3" ORY pipe, custom 1 into 2 exhaust w/Dynomax muffler, homemade 4" cold air kit w/modded stock airbox, LS1 fans, self ported throttle body, coolant bypass, and Vette servo in the stock 4L60E tranny. It's my daily driver/work beater, but runs very strong. My "winter blended gas" mileage is/was about the same as yours. My truck is also lowered. It's a Z71 4wd but has 2" drop spindles in the front, rear block removed, and 2" lowering shackles. Basically sits like a stock, or VERY mild lowered 2wd.

FWIW, the electric fan conversion and lowering did absolutely nothing for MPG's.

Here's my homemade 4" CAI kit...VERY cheap, but not possible without the LS1 fans.

http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicle...1203342736.jpg

and modded stock airbox:

http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicle...1203346267.jpg

My truck's had quite a few different looks since I have had it...lol

Bone stock as I bought it: http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicle...1203355968.jpg
    About a week later: http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicle...1203355967.jpg
    With chrome factory 17's and tires too short: http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicle...1203346266.jpg
    De-Badged/Leveled w/33's on stock wheels: http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicle...1203231176.jpg
    Leveled with wider 33's and Weld wheels: http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicle...1203275961.jpg
    Same but with factory flares: http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicle...1203279505.jpg
    Lowered with newer 17's: http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicle...1203342735.jpg
    Lowered with black and machined 20's: http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicle...1203342734.jpg
    Lowered with chrome 20's and candied stock taillights: http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicle...1203355966.jpg

and for some unknown reason...no current pic aside from the small sig pic.

sorry, I was bored...lol
    Sweet truck man! Its basically the same thing as mine just a different color so I really enjoyed all the different looks you've shared. And thanks for the response. I still have a set of LS1 fans sitting in the garage waiting for me to install them. I was kinda hoping those would bump up the mileage but sounds like it might not. But when I put the fans in I just might steal your homemade CAI idea.

Despite 5.0THIS's disapproval here's my truck on Escalade 22s:

Bright Red

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    That's funny I run 33's on mine as well. Just seat of the pants guessing, it feels much like you feel yours should be running. I'm thinking it will be somewhere in the 14's.
    My son didn't think it was too funny. LMAO!!! He had the dreaded "one wheel peel" all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Sweet truck man! Its basically the same thing as mine just a different color so I really enjoyed all the different looks you've shared. And thanks for the response. I still have a set of LS1 fans sitting in the garage waiting for me to install them. I was kinda hoping those would bump up the mileage but sounds like it might not. But when I put the fans in I just might steal your homemade CAI idea.
    Truck looks clean man. Nice job. Assuming you plan to use a Nelson or BlackBear fan harness, I'd be glad to share my fan settings with you. It's never come anywhere close to overheating, and the AC works more efficiently as well, since the fans automatically both come on HIGH when AC is on. I also have my AC compressor kick off MUCH sooner than stock if accelerating....p.s. The 4" cold air was very simple. You need a 3.5" to 4" adapter on airbox end, and a 4" 90* elbow on the TB end. I used a 4" straight exhaust pipe, 12" long and painted it silver metallic to not get heatsoaked.

I don't know if you can tell, but there's another small trick there as well.

Take the stock upper radiator hose and simply "reverse" it. It really cleans up the front of the engine, and the hose won't be flopping around in mid air like it would be if you left it alone.

red
    95 Z28

Despite 5.0THIS's disapproval here's my truck on Escalade 22s:

Click for full size
    They're not a bad 22 inch wheel (better than aftermarket shit), just too big IMO. Just looks a bit strange, of course you are a bit strange, so maybe it works

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Truck looks clean man. Nice job. Assuming you plan to use a Nelson or BlackBear fan harness, I'd be glad to share my fan settings with you. It's never come anywhere close to overheating, and the AC works more efficiently as well, since the fans automatically both come on HIGH when AC is on. I also have my AC compressor kick off MUCH sooner than stock if accelerating....p.s. The 4" cold air was very simple. You need a 3.5" to 4" adapter on airbox end, and a 4" 90* elbow on the TB end. I used a 4" straight exhaust pipe, 12" long and painted it silver metallic to not get heatsoaked.

I don't know if you can tell, but there's another small trick there as well.

Take the stock upper radiator hose and simply "reverse" it. It really cleans up the front of the engine, and the hose won't be flopping around in mid air like it would be if you left it alone.
    Yep I was planning on the Nelson harness. This sounds like a great little project. I'm gonna start gathering up the stuff I need and would glad to check out your fan settings. PM the info when you get a chance. Also, nice trick with flipping the upper hose!!

They're not a bad 22 inch wheel (better than aftermarket shit), just too big IMO. Just looks a bit strange, of course you are a bit strange, so maybe it works
    LOL

Bright Red

Cutlass, Are you running the BETA version of HPTuners, or no?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

It would look better if the truck was leveled IMO.

I like those wheels. Useless off roading but nice for the road.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Cutlass, Are you running the BETA version of HPTuners, or no?
    Yes I'm using the Beta version.

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    It would look better if the truck was leveled IMO.

I like those wheels. Useless off roading but nice for the road.
    Hmmm...that is a weird pic. The truck is actually pretty much level. The front sits way higher then most of the trucks and Tahoe SUVs I see. The front is higher then my buddy's 04 2500HD Duramax...he had to crank up the torsion bars match mine. That pic just looks weird.

red
    95 Z28

Cutlass, I just noticed looking at the pic of your truck again... the Z71 decal. Either someone put a new one on the truck, or it was drunk monkey friday at the factory when they were installing that one.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I think you're drunk. I don't see anything wrong with it?

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS:2773190
    Cutlass, I just noticed looking at the pic of your truck again... the Z71 decal. Either someone put a new one on the truck, or it was drunk monkey friday at the factory when they were installing that one.
    Yes. It is sitting too low. And yes, I'm still drunk.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Bright Red

Mine were in the same exact location (before I removed them, of course) and I know mine has never been repainted or drunk-monkeyed, lol.

Attachment 24074

red
    95 Z28

I dont drink, so not drunk. Go look at pictures of where those stickers are on other trucks on google or something. They're all closer to the taillight, and level with the body crease below it. I've noticed some a bit off level like yours, but never that far away from the light. It's definitely off, especially considering they typically use a template at the factory when installing badges and stickers.

Mine were in the same exact location (before I removed them, of course) and I know mine has never been repainted or drunk-monkeyed, lol.

Attachment 24074

Point in hand... yours is alot closer to the taillight.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

ah ok. I'll check it out

Bright Red

My bad. I thought you guys were referring to the height of the decal and the off kilter, not the closeness to the taillight. Mine appears to have the same lopsidedness though, lol.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I dont drink, so not drunk. Go look at pictures of where those stickers are on other trucks on google or something. They're all closer to the taillight, and level with the body crease below it. I've noticed some a bit off level like yours, but never that far away from the light. It's definitely off, especially considering they typically use a template at the factory when installing badges and stickers.
    Yep you're correct. Good eye. It looks like the passenger bed side has been repainted. I think the Z71 stickers on both sides were replaced but I'm not positive. Both are 3/8" off level with the body crease. The Passenger side is 1/2" closer to the body crease then the other and 7/8" farther away from the tail light then the drivers side.
    Oh well it doesn't really both me too much. Its just a truck and my honeymoon with it was already over months ago.

red
    95 Z28

Yep you're correct. Good eye. It looks like the passenger bed side has been repainted. I think the Z71 stickers on both sides were replaced but I'm not positive. Both are 3/8" off level with the body crease. The Passenger side is 1/2" closer to the body crease then the other and 7/8" farther away from the tail light then the drivers side.
    Oh well it doesn't really both me too much. Its just a truck and my honeymoon with it was already over months ago.
    I'm just picturing you out there with a tape measure going "goddamn that 50this fucker!"

Sorry man, I only mentioned it because I figured you had already seen it. I liked it better when it was just some drunk UAW person putting on decals that day. Or maybe it was "take your kid to work" day. On the flip side, when I was out driving around today I was looking at every 99-06 I saw to see where the damn decal was
    Last edited by 5.0THIS; 05-07-2012 at 06:30 PM.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I'm just picturing you out there with a tape measure going "goddamn that 50this fucker!"

Sorry man, I only mentioned it because I figured you had already seen it. On the flip side, when I was out driving around today I was looking at every 99-06 I saw to see where the damn decal was
    I expect nothing less from you

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information