Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Y2kpewter ss,
    How much do you want for the caps? Do you have some pics?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Well to make a long story short i had planned to chrome the painted set of wheels i bought off ebay but found some replica's already chromed for a good deal so planning to sell the new painted rims i have sitting in the box ( 2 are oem and 2 are replicals; but other than the gm cast into the rim, they look identical front and back) was never able to locate any factory chromed centercaps w/ the SS logo (which my car came with as they were installed at the factory) so am working with one of the folks offering custom vinly decals to see about making a set up- not as good as the original silkscreening but will look way better leaving on the adventerer lettering or blank. Hopefully those making the corvette ones will get smart and make clones of the ss version soon.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Well, update on my story-
    got the new rims on the car. They are made by keystone and are exact match except for the raised gm marking. Chrome work is excellent and they look great! Were $185 each so probably cheaper then chroming the painted ones i had bought. Used the repro chrome adventure centercaps and just picked up new repro centers w correct SS lettering from ebay last week and installed ($69 set). Ground casting marks off and repainted the brake calipers and cleaned up the wheel wells so now good to go.
    Only downside was made the poor decision to take my car to a local well known tire dealer to have the tires swapped. After telling the manager to make sure my car is treated with care and parked away from other so no door dings i get a call from him later telling me they backed a truck into the side of the passenger door!also jacked it up wrong and bent out bottom of the fenders! (i spotted this as they were clueless). $4000 later, new door, fenders fixed and back good again. Don't know what i was thinking as should have just brought down the tires and rims- blows me away how unskilled workers in the tire industry are nowadays.

Thread Information