Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    I like to pay alot for products because the more you pay the better they are.
    After working in a manufacturing plant. I can without a doubt say that is not always the case. We manufactured a certain national food brand, the store brand for a regional chain, and the store brand for a discount chain. All the same product. The only thing that changed is the label and of course the price.

Not saying you can't spend all you want and get a better brand, just won't always get a better brand for more.

To each his own.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I Know that isn't always the case, especially on certain things, but I would have to say IMO 88.65748% of the time you get what you pay for.

I don't pay super high prices for detailing supplies but I don't cheap out either. I tried alot of the middle of the road priced products and some of the stuff was ok but for a little more $ I could get a great product that wound up lasting longer so the price almost evened out (Like Mr Luos mentioned)

With swirl/scratch remover- I tried two different brands- moderately priced. Neither came close to getting the results I wanted. My paint was in rough shape as I bought my car used (looked like the duded f'd his GF on the hood) so I broke down and bought Menzerna SIP and their finishing polish. It cost around $90.00 but the results I got were amazing! I was actually considering a paintjob till I tried it.

Same goes for wax- I use Pinnacle Souveran Paste wax - it's $95.00 but it's the easiest wax I have ever used, no white crap in the cracks/trim, easiest removal ever and the results are jaw dropping. Of course I waited till Christmas and got the 2 for 1 deal for $80.00 and gave a jar to my dad. It takes so little to wax my car it's lasted 3 years.

I find almost every time I try to cheap out (on certain things that are important to me) I wind up regretting it.
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 06-23-2011 at 01:00 AM.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

I Know that isn't always the case, especially on certain things, but I would have to say IMO 88.65748% of the time you get what you pay for.

I don't pay super high prices for detailing supplies but I don't cheap out either. I tried alot of the middle of the road priced products and some of the stuff was ok but for a little more $ I could get a great product that wound up lasting longer so the price almost evened out (Like Mr Luos mentioned)

With swirl/scratch remover- I tried two different brands- moderately priced. Neither came close to getting the results I wanted. My paint was in rough shape as I bought my car used (looked like the duded f'd his GF on the hood) so I broke down and bought Menzerna SIP and their finishing polish. It cost around $90.00 but the results I got were amazing! I was actually considering a paintjob till I tried it.

Same goes for wax- I use Pinnacle Souveran Paste wax - it's $95.00 but it's the easiest wax I have ever used, no white crap in the cracks/trim, easiest removal ever and the results are jaw dropping. Of course I waited till Christmas and got the 2 for 1 deal for $80.00 and gave a jar to my dad. It takes so little to wax my car it's lasted 3 years.

I find almost every time I try to cheap out (on certain things that are important to me) I wind up regretting it.
    $95 for wax! I guess you don't cheap out. I can't afford to test anything that high in price so i'll take your word that it works great.
    Not enough money in the budget to pay for automotive products like that and the fuel to drive it.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_Driver View Post
    $95 for wax! I guess you don't cheap out. I can't afford to test anything that high in price so i'll take your word that it works great.
    Not enough money in the budget to pay for automotive products like that and the fuel to drive it.
    I have used that wax.
    Believe me, it is a bit expensive up front, but in the long run, it costs no more PER USE than something off-the-shelf at autozone.
    I have had my Victoria's Concours Red wax for a few years now, can is basically new.

Maroon
    2000 z28 6 speed

haha buffer.. when i read that i was like what??
    2001 B4C Totaled 4/25/11
    2000 Z28 M6 Cammed N' Slammed (SVT KLR)

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I have used that wax.
    Believe me, it is a bit expensive up front, but in the long run, it costs no more PER USE than something off-the-shelf at autozone.
    I have had my Victoria's Concours Red wax for a few years now, can is basically new.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Ls_won View Post
    haha buffer.. when i read that i was like what??

I have the original Porter cable 7424 so it's really hard to damage my tires with it....

Maroon
    2000 z28 6 speed

i have a cyclo polisher, and a black and decker buffer... detailing is what i do.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I have used that wax.
    Upfront cost is a big problem when you don't have a paycheck.
    For now I'm stuck with whats in the cupboard already.
    i'll check that out when I start making some coin again.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

I decided to wax my tires the other day and all I can say is WOW!!!! It looks way better than any tire shine I have tried- especially after using the buffer to finish em off. The tread on my tires looks like new. All was well till I did one of these
    Did you claybar the tires before waxing them?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information