Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

circle d has their budget line which is a non billet converter where yanks is a billet converter however circle d offers these converters as well and they are about the same price. as far as a yank or vig driving stock... that simply wont happen they take a bit more pedal around town, is it much? no, depending on the specs of the stall of course however it is def not just like stock. yanks converters are all hand made however if you go on their website they have a 3200 stall with a 2.5 str and a 3600 2.25 str and so forth this is how they come where as if you call circle d or fti they will sit down and custom build a converter with stall speed and str according to how you want the car to behave.

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Well Yank is ordered

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    circle d has their budget line which is a non billet converter where yanks is a billet converter however circle d offers these converters as well and they are about the same price. as far as a yank or vig driving stock... that simply wont happen they take a bit more pedal around town, is it much? no, depending on the specs of the stall of course however it is def not just like stock. yanks converters are all hand made however if you go on their website they have a 3200 stall with a 2.5 str and a 3600 2.25 str and so forth this is how they come where as if you call circle d or fti they will sit down and custom build a converter with stall speed and str according to how you want the car to behave.
    I decided to order a Yank converter SS3200 I should receive it on March 5th approximately as they are a bit backed up. 3 years warranty and I've been talking to a few people that own one and they love it so I just hope I did the right move. Too late now :-)

After all my research iv decided to go with a yank ss3600. From what iv seen they have an outstanding rep and have NOT seen ANY bad reviews AT ALL.
    01 SS A4 3.23-LID-CAI-LTS-ORY-CB-STALL-TUNED-326rwh,335rwt
    60'-1.666, 1/4-11.918@112.83MPH

Black

I did the same

Quote Originally Posted by senicalj4579 View Post
    After all my research iv decided to go with a yank ss3600. From what iv seen they have an outstanding rep and have NOT seen ANY bad reviews AT ALL.
    I posted this but I ordered a Yank SS3200 it took longer to get shipped that I expected but It's on route

Black

wow

I was looking at your times at 12.63 that converter will send you pretty darn close to the 11's 11.99 I hope you hit it It's been seen with what you have Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    I was looking at your times at 12.63 that converter will send you pretty darn close to the 11's 11.99 I hope you hit it It's been seen with what you have Cheers
    Thanks. It would be real nice to hit 11s with these mods. Iv only heard of 1 other guy breaking 11s with just the ss3600 and mods like mine. His pass was in a little better DA than my 12.6 in -1000 da if I remember correctly. I think 11s would be a real nice goal for me.

Keep us posted on your results with the ss3200!
    Last edited by senicalj4579; 03-03-2011 at 07:07 PM.

Black

Thanks

Thanks. It would be real nice to hit 11s with these mods. Iv only heard of 1 other guy breaking 11s with just the ss3600 and mods like mine. His pass was in a little better DA than my 12.6 in -1000 da if I remember correctly. I think 11s would be a real nice goal for me.

Keep us posted on your results with the ss3200!
    I can't wait my goal is to break 13 this year next year I hope to add a cam long tube headers and 3:42 gears

I can't wait my goal is to break 13 this year next year I hope to add a cam long tube headers and 3:42 gears
    You live in canada you should get some good DA up there. If you have same mods as me you could break 12s as is. In 2200 da my car did 13.197, around -300 da car did 12.7 and -1000 da car did 12.6. (STOCK STALL)

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I posted this but I ordered a Yank SS3200 it took longer to get shipped that I expected but It's on route
    good choice....you're gonna love it. It'll be like getting a whole new car again. Who's doing your install and you're getting a cooler right?

Black

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    good choice....you're gonna love it. It'll be like getting a whole new car again. Who's doing your install and you're getting a cooler right?
    I have a guy down here that was a GM mechanic and I bought a B&M trans cooler trans gauge with pillar pod TCI flex plate with ARP bolts frost pcm and tune I just can't wait to get everything installed I've been waiting for 4years to get this done now that I just bought my new car with only 35000 miles let the mods begin All my parts are sitting at the border it will be picked up this Friday install in about 4 weeks when the snow melts

sunburst orange
    2002 camaro ss

YankKKKKKK

i have had several yanks in the past and 2 of them hab thorrington bearing failures that yank said was due to lubrication issues, i asked how that was possible since the convertor is full of fluid all the time. and they stated it was probably due to a dry start up when installed except i used a trans machine to fill my complter circuit. they have always seemed ti me to be full of excusses and no customer service

NBM
    1999 TA A4

GM recently picked them(Yank) to supply their new line of HP converters in the Performance catalogue.

Black

That is what I read but.....

Quote Originally Posted by sunburst02 View Post
    i have had several yanks in the past and 2 of them hab thorrington bearing failures that yank said was due to lubrication issues, i asked how that was possible since the convertor is full of fluid all the time. and they stated it was probably due to a dry start up when installed except i used a trans machine to fill my complter circuit. they have always seemed ti me to be full of excusses and no customer service
    Well it's sitting in my garage so I'm installing a Yank some people are running it for 10 years no issue and it seems that the bearing issue was in 2007 2008 so hopefully that is fixed now I hope so I can't afford to change parts every year so I'll soon find out

I just installed that yank ss3600. Its bas ass. Ill get track times on the 1st or 6th april

Black

Thanks

I just installed that yank ss3600. Its bas ass. Ill get track times on the 1st or 6th april
    My SS3200 is getting installed next week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information