Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

just for reference...narrowed search to a page of results with amps in the power/price range i would recommend if you're on a budget. the infinity, mtx, jl audio, and pioneer premium units would all be great performers at a great price IMO.

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_120/Amp...nk2%5d+61+-+80

green
    1994 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro998 View Post
    well dangg...sorry that had to happen....is the 4.3 voretech gonnna fit/ or do u have to make some modifications?
    hey sorry its been a few days i have been working visiting family on the fourth and attending my own moms wedding so its been hectic. especially trying to fit my car in the mix. and so far its good. the 4.3L vortech SHOULD fit without to many probs. you have to swap computers and wiring harnesses right off the bat for the list of mods to make it work in the camaro. i got to looking yesterday and against a 1% hope i do have to swap headers too. lol thankfully not a big deal. although due to headers size i may have to have a little exhaust work done.. i should get the old 3.4L out here in the next few days. i gotta find a cherry picker. then if motor mounts are in the same place or the same i shouldn't have any more mods really besides little things such as fuel line ends and rehooking the new computer and harness. so yea there are some mods. its not a bolt unbolt kinda deal. but the 3.4L specs were 165HP 199TRQ and the new numbers on the 4.3L should hit 175-180HP and around 240TRQ so if nothing else it will be a litl more fun to drive. not to mention this motor is gonna look badass under the hood. lol

white
    1999 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalinejunkie View Post
    hey sorry its been a few days i have been working visiting family on the fourth and attending my own moms wedding so its been hectic. especially trying to fit my car in the mix. and so far its good. the 4.3L vortech SHOULD fit without to many probs. you have to swap computers and wiring harnesses right off the bat for the list of mods to make it work in the camaro. i got to looking yesterday and against a 1% hope i do have to swap headers too. lol thankfully not a big deal. although due to headers size i may have to have a little exhaust work done.. i should get the old 3.4L out here in the next few days. i gotta find a cherry picker. then if motor mounts are in the same place or the same i shouldn't have any more mods really besides little things such as fuel line ends and rehooking the new computer and harness. so yea there are some mods. its not a bolt unbolt kinda deal. but the 3.4L specs were 165HP 199TRQ and the new numbers on the 4.3L should hit 175-180HP and around 240TRQ so if nothing else it will be a litl more fun to drive. not to mention this motor is gonna look badass under the hood. lol
    haha damn sounds like u got a lil project ahead of u..lol but yea should be alot more fun to drive! hope everything goes well!

green
    1994 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro998 View Post
    haha damn sounds like u got a lil project ahead of u..lol but yea should be alot more fun to drive! hope everything goes well!
    lol thanks it is so far a project. lol and yeah it should be a lot more fun

Red/Black
    1998 Z28 T-top 6spd

New Pioneer deck. wanting to replace speakers

i have a pioneer Deh-p310ub. it over powers the stock speakers and they were basically blown any way. I want to upgrade the door and "sail" speakers, or the ones by the back seats. I do not know what to get. i want something i can install easily. i had the monsoon system. like i said i replaced the deck yesterday with the pioneer premier. If anyone could send me in the right direction that would be great. i don't want anything fancy but i do want to get speakers that my head unit will not blow out either. i have read that they are 6.75 in. and others say 6.5 and some say 6.5 s. so i am pretty confused. my head unit puts out 2/4 ohms and 50 watts per channel. i have read that i would need speakers with different leads, but i do not know if that only applies if i was still using the monsoon deck. because isn't my amp in my pioneer? like i said i am confused i understand some i can install an amp and sub easily. but i have never done car speakers.

thanks in advance for any help,

chris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information