Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best headers

White; Navy Blue Metallic
    '01 SS Vert.;'02 RS Coupe

I'll take all the torque I can get!

Well for starters, adding the SLP CAI, Whisper Lid and oiled filter seemed to help my RS a bit on the top end. Haven't dyno'd the improvement though, so it's the butt dyno at this point.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by libertyforall1776 View Post
    Well for starters, adding the SLP CAI, Whisper Lid and oiled filter seemed to help my RS a bit on the top end. Haven't dyno'd the improvement though, so it's the butt dyno at this point.
    You've gotta get rid of the oiled filter man.. MAF's hate oil so do fly by wire tb's.. Many threads posted on the subject.. Dyno results show little to no gain with the K&N oiled filters.. IIRC, the gain was ~1hp and did'nt realy flow any better than a stock paper filter.. I pulled my drop in, cleaned the MAF with CRC MAF cleaner stuck a paper filter back in and never looked back.. Your lid alone is an honest dyno proven ~ 7hp.. Many folks here will back that up.. Tho many also complain about the SLP lid fitment..
    Last edited by Smittro; 09-14-2010 at 11:23 PM.

I already had a MAF problem due to oil it seems. I thought it should be fine if the oil isn't overdone, however.

The whisper lid supposedly is less than 7HP with an oiled filter, see:
    "we tested the Whisper Motorsports air box lid we installed in Part 3, using a stock air box fitted with a Green Filter as a baseline. Then, we switched to the Whisper Motorsports carbon fiber air box lid with the Green Filter and gained an additional 2-hp at peak power and 5-lb/ft at peak torque."
    http://www.camarohomepage.com/project/part4.htm

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

I already had a MAF problem due to oil it seems. I thought it should be fine if the oil isn't overdone, however.

The whisper lid supposedly is less than 7HP with an oiled filter, see:
    "we tested the Whisper Motorsports air box lid we installed in Part 3, using a stock air box fitted with a Green Filter as a baseline. Then, we switched to the Whisper Motorsports carbon fiber air box lid with the Green Filter and gained an additional 2-hp at peak power and 5-lb/ft at peak torque."
    http://www.camarohomepage.com/project/part4.htm
    Is that your car in the article? I've been tossing the idea around for a carbon fiber rebody, and a worked eton 90, or maybe a mag, or even a TT.. Also what if anything was done with the balance shaft?

Not my car, but a nice reference article.

There's a local TT 3800 Camaro who's car was in Camaro Performers recently, just the owner a couple weeks ago. She spent a lot on her car.

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Is that your car in the article? I've been tossing the idea around for a carbon fiber rebody, and a worked eton 90, or maybe a mag, or even a TT.. Also what if anything was done with the balance shaft?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Not my car, but a nice reference article.

There's a local TT 3800 Camaro who's car was in Camaro Performers recently, just the owner a couple weeks ago. She spent a lot on her car.
    Agree, excellent read.. There's a TT 3800 running deep in the 8's on youtube.. See: "First v6 firebird in the 8's" I believe is the title.. The car is nothing short of crazy.. The video shows them working thier way up/down to the 8's with a few passes.. There's also a mean single spool build posted there as well.. But I have'nt seen an up date yet but it sounds amazing for a 2v 3800.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    2001 RS Camaro

You mean this one? I nearly wet myself. Don't tell me 6ers aren't worth crap cause this proves them wrong!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0Wp1MbNp-8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0Wp1MbNp-8[/ame]

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    *Posts deleted due to arguementive nature and thread clutter..* Transamgirl..
    At least some of know where to draw the line. Yeah it was getting on my nerves after the first couple of posts lol.

Cool

Yes that is cool, and I am sure cost a pretty penny.

Here's a local Twin Turbo 3800 -- I've met the owner a few times with all in all best 1/4 run so far:
    11.77 @117mph @14PSI
    68% Throttle letting out 3 times

http://www.camaroperformers.com/feat...aro/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by transamgirl89 View Post
    You mean this one? I nearly wet myself. Don't tell me 6ers aren't worth crap cause this proves them wrong!

Thread Information