Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Your right....you can make 2000 RWHP ( seriously) but not for long. Forged internals and iron block ( see cylinder flex) will last.

But the guy with 800 rwhp in my town DDs his GTO. Im not trying to argue or anything im just curious. At what point would you want to forge everything? like 600RWHP?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I'm gonna guess the guy with the gto has a ls2 and not an ls-1. You want to forge it when you go forced induction, how do you think those 4.6 fords make such ridiculous power with those tiny motors?

Yes i said he has an Ls2, and yes i know you forge it for FI and serious power. Im asking at what point would you though. Obviously you dont need to forge it at 400 RWHP. See what im asking? At what power or LBS of boost would you want to forge the LS2 motor?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Where's ls2tuner when you need him?
    From what I have seen those callaways with the ls2's are rated at 616bhp. Seeing as how that is commercialy built and expected to last a while I would say that would be up to the point before you forge it.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

there's a guy here with a 05 GTO with the APS Twin turbo kit and just supporting mods for the kit and he put down 523RWHP and 515RWTQ on a stock 4l65E and stock LS-2. He has 3X,000 miles on the set up as well and runs low 12s (altitude of 4900 ft) on street tires. I had a hard time believing the LS-2 was holding up and especially the stock 4L65E.

1999 WS6(sold) 2003 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    I'm gonna guess the guy with the gto has a ls2 and not an ls-1. You want to forge it when you go forced induction, how do you think those 4.6 fords make such ridiculous power with those tiny motors?
    4 valves per cylinder and 2 cams per head lol thats how. i just bought one 03 cobra

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Back from the grave
    Congrats on the buy.

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

Like they always say go big or go home lsx 427 have some real fun!!!

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I'm going to go against the grain and say that if given the opportunity I would swap for an 06 since my car is relatively stock. Better base to start with than the LS1. I'd have to think about it a little bit but I really like the fact you can use L92 heads on the bigger bore which flow like gang busters and are cheap compared to LS1 heads that flow even close to them. There's an old saying "there's no replacement for displacement." If you're light on mods I would do it but if you're heavily modded I wouldn't.
    The LS2 intake sucks......at least from the guys who swap it out. Like you say, no replacement for displacement. However, depending on the cost to get out of the 04 and in to the 06 it may be beneficial to do a head/cam and exhaust work to the 04. It has the LS6 block and LS6 intake to start with so its a good engine and with a mild cam and stock 243 heads and exhaust he can outpower the LS2 with ease. Etiher way good choices.

Quote Originally Posted by TyeMug View Post
    I have heard as well that the LS2 has a problem with leaking oil. Also a bit concerned with GM retiring the engine after 2 years. I think I'll stick with my LS1 unless I hear some good arguments other than a slight more displacement and slightly more horses and torque resulting from. I think a refined Generation 3 is better than a newb generation 4 from the posts and information I've read. I'm also a newb but give me some arguments and reasons why I should think otherwise.
    It happens, but an engine that consumes oil is better than one that doesnt in my opinon. Not all LS2s do it and its a problem that is made more of than need be.

Quote Originally Posted by TyeMug View Post
    Also with a cable throttle I feel like I have more control over the engine with a quicker reaction time from the engine. Maybe this is mental but once again, give me some input on why I should think otherwise.
    True......

Quote Originally Posted by natews6 View Post
    4 valves per cylinder and 2 cams per head lol thats how. i just bought one 03 cobra
    Awesome choice man! Those cars are beasts. I looked at a convertible one a few years ago. Gray with the roll bar......I loved it.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

its really not worth the extra money if you already have a GTO. find out exactly what it would cost you to upgrade to an LS2 GTO and what it would cost too build a stroker motor. or just do something simple(kinda lol) and go H/C try an argue the costs with the wife. ...mine doesnt argue anymore about me and car stuff...she realized im going to do it anyway lol.

Thread Information