Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S & W Sigma

white
    99 camaro z/28

Quote Originally Posted by nitrox28 View Post
    My little brother bought one of those Sigma's as his first handgun. He got it for something like $250 out the door in .40 cal. That gun has one of the most God awful triggers I have ever pulled! I mean it SUUUUCKS!!! I swear it feels like it has a 20lb trigger pull. Overall it has a cheap toy-like feel. I think for the money, the Ruger "P" series would be a better choice. People seem to really like the S&W MP's!
    You're close,the Sigma has a 15 lb pull,the MP is around 5 or 6

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

I knew it was something insane.

white
    99 camaro z/28

Quote Originally Posted by nitrox28 View Post
    I knew it was something insane.
    That's one of the reasons I didn't buy the Sigma,although if the money difference were an issue I wouldn't have been as picky.Besides,someone sent me an email telling me how to get S & W to replace it with a lighter trigger at no charge under warranty

artic white
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Willfully Armed View Post
    Oh, how sweet, you bowing out. Trying to be the big man huh.

Look toolbag, just cause your a badass with some camo fatigues, doesn't mean you need to fly off the handle and pound your chest at comments that were made in jest.

This isn't AR15.com.

You won't win with me.

Agree to disagree.
    I dont really give a dam what a assclown like you thinks. I was not tring to be the big man I was just kind of tired of talking to a idiot such as yourself. You are the one trying to act like the know it all on guns and telling people that the only reason they bought a gun is becuase they are dumb. I have never been to ar15.com so I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. And as for the camo fatigue comment well I am in the army so I sort of have to wear them so I dont really know what you are getting at there either. I have know real desire to win with a clown like you so agree to disagree works fine with me, Have a nice day
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
    Thomas Jefferson

long and strong Willfully Armed's Avatar

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

Typical jarhead puke.

Just another badass with an M9 Beretta.

Look sonnyboy, by the time you figure out what to do with it, ill be done with it.

So go ahead, call me an idiot a few more times. Let the world know you question the validity of my firearms knowledge.

Someday you'll grow up into a real man, a far cry from the puss nut in digi camo that you are today.

artic white
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

Jarheads are Marines so that is just kind of one more example of you being an idiot I would guess. So tell me Mr. Badass where did you come by all this vast firearm knowledge I really want to hear this. You sound like a 20 year old punk kid who thinks because he can shoot on the range he is some sort of supper badass. Give me a break. Get some real world experience and than come talk to me.

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by krusemj View Post
    some sort of supper badass.
    Even a caveman can use spell check.

Look. Your apparently a gun guru and a shit talking internet sensation. Youve gone viral with over 3 views. You now have 2 friend requests on Fagbook.

Keep typing your mindless drivel. Keep one upping me. Fantabulous one-upper. Heres your prize.....nothing.

If you want my Bio, grew up in the gun business, I shoot comepetively quite often. I run a gun website, I buy and sell guns on the regular. But simply put, its none of your fucking business what I do to attain what I know. Go find yourself an ATF badge and Ill tell you more.

artic white
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

Look. Your apparently a gun guru and a shit talking internet sensation. Youve gone viral with over 3 views. You now have 2 friend requests on Fagbook.

Keep typing your mindless drivel. Keep one upping me. Fantabulous one-upper. Heres your prize.....nothing.

If you want my Bio, grew up in the gun business, I shoot comepetively quite often. I run a gun website, I buy and sell guns on the regular. But simply put, its none of your fucking business what I do to attain what I know. Go find yourself an ATF badge and Ill tell you more.
    In other words you dont know shit and are an 20 year old punk kid that thinks he is a badass. You were the one who started talking shit telling people that anyone who buys a sigma is dumb and we are supposed to all just accept your greatness and no one could possible like anything if you didnt like it. Right I will have to remember that. Have a nice life dipshit
    Last edited by krusemj; 04-08-2010 at 10:01 PM.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Except maybe the one posting this???

"Look. Your apparently a gun guru and a shit talking internet sensation. Youve gone viral with over 3 views. You now have 2 friend requests on Fagbook.

If you want my Bio, grew up in the gun business, I shoot comepetively quite often. I run a gun website, I buy and sell guns on the regular. But simply put, its none of your fucking business what I do to attain what I know. Go find yourself an ATF badge and Ill tell you more."

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post

MY spelling was on, just wasnt using punctuation.

Either way, Ill just let the assbag thinks he won. HE can rule the interwebz, Ill find a way to live on.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

[quote=krusemj;2285011]
    Yes I've hhandled and shot them. I've shot nearly every semi-auto available in todays market. The Sigma has the WORST trigger of them all. A Hi-point has a better trigger.

I'm happy as hell for you if you like yours, but
    Don't get all butt hurt if a general statement applies to you.[/QUOTE

Trigger feel is a very dependent on the shooter. A trigger that feels like crap to one person another may like it. There is more to a gn than the trigger and it is not like glocks have great triggers either.
    Good points about trigger "feel". Some folks hate the Safe Action on a Glock although the trigger weight is very acceptable, even the NYPD triggers.

The Sigma is a decent combat-grade gun. The S&W to avoid is the 99. Our department carried them for a while (thank God I was issued a Glock 23), and we experienced loads of breakages. So much so that the scuttlebutt was that S&W gave us a high trade-in deal to switch to the M&P. So high in fact that some of us suspected it was a way to avoid a lawsuit. In any event, the M&P has proven to be a good platform. The Sigma ain't far behind, but I prefer the M&P.

If someone here owns a S&W 99 I hope you have good luck with it. All I can say is that our experience with that model was not acceptable for a duty gun. Maybe we were just too hard on it, and the 99 will be okay for a home defense type weapon, but that experience was there for me to learn from without finding out the hard way.

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

If I dint already have a few pistols for the truck, I might have actually bought a Sigma.

Notorious for bad trigger, but when the SHTF, anything that goes bang is good.

Id take a Sigma over many other guns any day. But i definately wouldnt take a Sigma over any of my current pistols.

To each his own.

Ive never fired a Smith 99, but have heard since they bought Walther, things are one the downward spiral.

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

Would love to have an M&P40. My dad just picked up a Sigma for carry, great price made that sale. I carry an H&K P2000 .40 (issued gun) and it is pretty easy to conceal for a duty weapon, but most guys HATE the law enforcement trigger option that all of our guns have. Rumor has it that we'll be switching to the M&P40, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    Would love to have an M&P40. My dad just picked up a Sigma for carry, great price made that sale. I carry an H&K P2000 .40 (issued gun) and it is pretty easy to conceal for a duty weapon, but most guys HATE the law enforcement trigger option that all of our guns have. Rumor has it that we'll be switching to the M&P40, but I don't see that happening any time soon.
    When it happens, you'll like it. Very comfortable gun (M&P) to shoot. Our best scores come from shooters who have mastered the return of the trigger. Instead of just releasing all pressure when the round goes off we are training our folks to ride the trigger back into return and stop when it clicks. This is less than 1/4" of travel, and has added to good consistency in groups.

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

That's how we shoot with the P2000 LE as well. I put down some decent scores with it at our quals every quarter, but I've heard nothing but positive feedback on the M&P40.

white
    99 camaro z/28

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    When it happens, you'll like it. Very comfortable gun (M&P) to shoot. Our best scores come from shooters who have mastered the return of the trigger. Instead of just releasing all pressure when the round goes off we are training our folks to ride the trigger back into return and stop when it clicks. This is less than 1/4" of travel, and has added to good consistency in groups.
    Hey ! Thanks for that info ! I'm pretty decent with mine but there's always room for improvement !

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Hey ! Thanks for that info ! I'm pretty decent with mine but there's always room for improvement !
    You're very welcome.

Thread Information