Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

Quote Originally Posted by Musclecargt71 View Post
    Yep, shes a 71.....the roof is off a 79 camaro. Spliced it in for a custom look. You wouldn't believe how many people get thrown off by those t-tops lol....but ya i really like the look of the t-tops and the small back window of the 2nd gen (instead of the rear window that wraps around the quarter panel)

Click for full size
    that's PIMP!!!

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

agreed.. everything about the 70-73 models is attractive exept for not having the tops

millenium yellow/green
    '02 CETA, '71 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy 2-1 View Post
    that's PIMP!!!
    Thanks! I wish she still looked like that today lol.....thats the issue I now have. I bought the wrecked CETA seen <left, Slowly been putting it together bit by bit, but I dont have any money for the 71 so it sits in the garage half assembled. I was debating trying to sell the CETA project and put the $$ toward the 71. If I got the cash I could prolly have it done late summer and it would be TRICKED out....(aluminum rad, new front suspension, built 455,ect.) but do I really want to get rid of the CETA??? I dunno, it could be a collector someday and i might be pissed I got rid of it.

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

Quote Originally Posted by Musclecargt71 View Post
    Thanks! I wish she still looked like that today lol.....thats the issue I now have. I bought the wrecked CETA seen <left, Slowly been putting it together bit by bit, but I dont have any money for the 71 so it sits in the garage half assembled. I was debating trying to sell the CETA project and put the $$ toward the 71. If I got the cash I could prolly have it done late summer and it would be TRICKED out....(aluminum rad, new front suspension, built 455,ect.) but do I really want to get rid of the CETA??? I dunno, it could be a collector someday and i might be pissed I got rid of it.
    park it and forget about it for a while and you'll be glad you kept it; selling such a car would only make you wanna hit your head against a wall a few years (heck, a week) down the road

millenium yellow/green
    '02 CETA, '71 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy 2-1 View Post
    park it and forget about it for a while and you'll be glad you kept it; selling such a car would only make you wanna hit your head against a wall a few years (heck, a week) down the road

Thumbs up

[quote
    Click for full size[/quote]

Good looking Car!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Some beautiful cars here.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

one thing's for certain - you got good taste. keep the ceta and post up the pics as she comes along! you'll never bitch about having to take your time after you're done so just keep pluggin along and you'll get there eventually!

millenium yellow/green
    '02 CETA, '71 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    one thing's for certain - you got good taste. keep the ceta and post up the pics as she comes along! you'll never bitch about having to take your time after you're done so just keep pluggin along and you'll get there eventually!
    Thanks! I have a thread in the Firebird section titled "CETA Build" if you guys are interested in seeing some more pics of the CETA.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121156

Sunset Orange
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

Dang Firebirdjones, I like your dads 69 GTO color combo thanks for sharing.

Pewter
    2001 formula

nice cars here some of my dads green one is a 68 like the one he had in high school starting to fix it up then the red one is a 70 with a 455 ho from the factory. and then im starting on a 65 2 plus 2 with a 421 4 speed with 8 lugs in the bluemist slate color all of those options from the factory

millenium yellow/green
    '02 CETA, '71 Firebird

those are some nice looking whips....i really like that dark "army" green they used on the GTOs

Thanks, they called it Verdoro Green in 68-69. It's a dark metallic. Popular color back then when my father purchased the car new, when he restored the car in the late 80's the color wasn't so popular anymore, and people gave him alot of crap about painting it back the factory color.

Funny now,,,it seems the color has come back lately, especially with the restoration people, since the reds and blues have been overdone. It's nice to see a few odd colors like green or gold in a sea of reds a blues at a car show.

I can't tell you how many red or blue cars I see at the shows,,,and look at the data tag and see it was originally green to start with

I'm getting ready to restore a 69Z with paint code 59 (Frost Green) with white houndstooth. Should be a nice contrast that will stand out when it's finished,,,even if it's a color some people don't like.

Pewter
    2001 formula

yeah not many people like the verdoro green but i love it and thats the original color for the 68 were starting on

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Sorry to revive an old thread, but if your still thinking of the roots supercharger, I actually have one sitting in my living room. lol Its a Dyers 6-71V and if I'm not mistaken, I have a manifold for a 455 for it as well. Not exactly easy to come by, thats for sure.

Thread Information