Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Anti Gun Gay Liberal Shoots Intruder

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said. The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties.. The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested, declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening. "I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation." Soles, a top-ranking Democrat and the longest-serving member of the legislature, already was the subject of an FBI investigation over sexual misconduct allegations with former male clients. The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim. In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do As I Say And Not As I Do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation. It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine. But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.....
    http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/ne...me/287987/P10/

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

What would you think if a long-time gun control advocate ended up shooting someone? Might the word “hypocrite” come to mind?

It did for me, and apparently for many others.

The Richmond Times-Dispatch reports North Carolina state senator R.C. Soles shot one of two intruders who attempted to break into his house.

But it gets even more interesting than the mere hypocrisy of a gun control activist shooting somebody.

The New York Times reports Soles won’t be seeking re-election, which is not a surprise since state prosecutors have said they plan to charge Soles because “he acted criminally when he shot a former law client.”

WWAY sheds additional light on this:

Thursday, a Columbus County grand jury found probable cause to seek an indictment against Soles for assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.

In late August, Soles shot 22-year-old Kyle Blackburn outside the Senator’s home in Tabor City.

Blackburn was a client of Soles’ law firm. Soles told police he shot Blackburn in self-defense, saying that Blackburn was trying to break into his home. Blackburn told us he was leaving the property when he was shot.

While what happens within a grand jury proceeding is secret, we can presume that ballistics evidence was part of what was reviewed yesterday, specifically whether the bullet wound indicated that Blackburn was facing the Senator or running away when he was shot.
    We also know surveillance cameras were running at Senator Soles’ house at the time of the shooting.

The shooting itself wasn’t captured on camera, but what transpired before and after the shooting may have helped the jurors determine how the events played out.

Now, I don’t have a whole lot of sympathy for someone who advocates diminishing the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans. But when I learn that they consider themselves elite enough to own a weapon, any sympathy I might have had goes out the door.

And apparently this wasn’t even a clear-cut case of self-defense. The shooter knew the man who was shot, and a grand jury found sufficient evidence to charge the shooter for criminal activity.
    Better late than never, to find out about this kind of hypocrisy from a member of the gun control lobby.

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

I read somewhere once that Chelsea Clinton has a concealed-carry permit. For the life of me though, I can't find anything on teh internets to confirm this.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

All "Progressives" are hypocrites and liars.

Thread Information